Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There still has to be a balance. If we play ALL the kids we could be wallowing on 3 wins.
you need some experience in there
Some of our kids are performing better and more consistently than a number of our senior players who are gifted games week in week out. But playing these better performing kids over underperforming senior players is Hinkley's excuse for not playing finals.

.... I cannot stomach his media puppets who have the audacity to claim Hinkley should be anywhere near a rebuild. What right does he have to oversee a second rebuild after 7 years of failure?
Hinkley has no right at all.

He only has a job because he bluffed the incompetents running our club into giving him a premature and completely undeserved contract extension and our club is so poorly run by those same incompetents that we can't afford to terminate his contract.

Hinkley has no right at all.

He only has a job because he bluffed the incompetents running our club into giving him a premature and completely undeserved contract extension and our club is so poorly run by those same incompetents that we can't afford to terminate his contract.

You seem to be assuming that the club is run from Adelaide.

If you look at it from the AFL's perspective we are doing exactly what is required (stay middle of the table, be competitive but not too successful, do just enough in the heritage space to maintain memberships, redirect the talented kids to the big clubs).

Our current coach is perfect for meeting those criteria.

Its just that your perspective is wrong.

You seem to be assuming that the club is run from Adelaide.

If you look at it from the AFL's perspective we are doing exactly what is required (stay middle of the table, be competitive but not too successful, do just enough in the heritage space to maintain memberships, redirect the talented kids to the big clubs).

Our current coach is perfect for meeting those criteria.

Its just that your perspective is wrong.
If you were familiar with my posting you would know that I have repeatedly pointed out that our board is AFL controlled and primarily looks after the interests of the AFL. I have also posted numerous times that we exist to be stable and make up the numbers for the media rights deal.

Nothing wrong with my perspective.

Kane Cornes SEN Breakfast 9/12/2019

"Ken Hinkley is a great coach".

When Kane opens his trap to say something moderately head turning, just ask "what's in it for him?". What does he want, in his nature?

In this case, IMO, it's part of Kane's long term cozying up to the AFL House party line, seeking an unelected appointment to the Port board. It's not even that he believes in Ken, which he might, but more that he wants to be in the right place at the right time to be linked with our inevitable post-Ken improvement. It's in his nature to yell for the ball in awkward situations then do little with it apart from pointing to the stats afterwards.

Stick that in yer post 150th birthday celebration pipe and smoke it.

If you were familiar with my posting you would know that I have repeatedly pointed out that our board is AFL controlled and primarily looks after the interests of the AFL. I have also posted numerous times that we exist to be stable and make up the numbers for the media rights deal.

Nothing wrong with my perspective.

Do you think the AFL would be unhappy with our results? (high revenue, large per capita membership, etc).
I would suspect that compared to the 2011/12 era the AFL would be very happy with how we are run.
I doubt they would see it as incompetent.

This is how the football media works in Adelaide.

The Crows do what they want. They have their ambassadors and they absolutely try to dictate what they want to put out there and what they don't. In many ways the journalists are not huge fans of them because they grant them very limited access, but they understand that the Crows are 2 thirds of the audience and thus tread very carefully. If anyone in the media isn't nice to them they simply get black listed.

On the other hand Port are very open, Kenny and Keef are little compliant Puppy Dogs to them, they enjoy the openess and access Port give them. Port feed info to certain Journos in return for favourable copy. Every time anybody is critical of them they receive a call from the club saying Carn, we're nice to you please be nice to us.....

Do you think the AFL would be unhappy with our results? (high revenue, large per capita membership, etc).
I would suspect that compared to the 2011/12 era the AFL would be very happy with how we are run.
I doubt they would see it as incompetent.
I concede that what members of the club see as incompetence may infact be the very competent implementation of the AFL's instructions. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hypocrisy in the media here is so obvious if you're not a crows fan.

They can literally tell the media anything they want to and they believe it, it's borderline cult like!.

Yeah the media are more switched on to what is going on than they let you know. The choose what they want to report. A lot of what goes on at both clubs gets either swept under the carpet or simply not reported for fear of being black listed by either club. The media in this town are far too cosy with both clubs. I spoke of the media person I chatted with at the pub last week. He was super critical of Hinkley. I asked him why the * he never brings this up in his media roles? He said basically as soon as they say anything negative the club is on the phone (I took this to mean they would threaten to withdraw their favourable media access). In Melbourne there are 10 clubs to report on, in Adelaide there are 2. If one or both refuse to talk to you, you don't have any content.

Cornes, Chad, Kornes. That's how I separate how to refer to the 3 drongoes eventhough only 2 are media drongoes.

When Kane opens his trap to say something moderately head turning, just ask "what's in it for him?". What does he want, in his nature?

In this case, IMO, it's part of Kane's long term cozying up to the AFL House party line, seeking an unelected appointment to the Port board. It's not even that he believes in Ken, which he might, but more that he wants to be in the right place at the right time to be linked with our inevitable post-Ken improvement. It's in his nature to yell for the ball in awkward situations then do little with it apart from pointing to the stats afterwards.

Stick that in yer post 150th birthday celebration pipe and smoke it.
He is a selfish p***k

Kane Cornes SEN Breakfast 9/12/2019

"Ken Hinkley is a great coach".

In terms of the positive aspects he brings to the table with which Kane would be referring to reach that conclusion, I’m sure he is.

But there are many ‘great coaches’ around the country at regional, suburban and even second-tier footy clubs who would have no business taking the reins of one of the 18 elite jobs at the highest level.

And this is the entire shooting match.

We are rusted to a bloke who isn’t up to it, precisely because of his positive qualities, which don’t compensate for his inability to take Port any further than the rut we’ve been in for 5 years.

In terms of the positive aspects he brings to the table with which Kane would be referring to reach that conclusion, I’m sure he is.

But there are many ‘great coaches’ around the country at regional, suburban and even second-tier footy clubs who would have no business taking the reins of one of the 18 elite jobs at the highest level.

And this is the entire shooting match.

We are rusted to a bloke who isn’t up to it, precisely because of his positive qualities, which don’t compensate for his inability to take Port any further than the rut we’ve been in for 5 years.
His comment about KH being selfless was just plain ridiculous really. Who cares? What does it even mean? Can he harness individual talents and meld them into a successful team? Can he implement winning strategies and deliver results? Can he devise a gameplan that harness players' talents and that they can execute? Can he improve individuals' skills? No, no, no and no.

His comment about KH being selfless was just plain ridiculous really. Who cares? What does it even mean? Can he harness individual talents and meld them into a successful team? Can he implement winning strategies and deliver results? Can he devise a gameplan that harness players' talents and that they can execute? Can he improve individuals' skills? No, no, no and no.

Translation: Primus was mean to me and Ken isn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back