Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henley Foodland stocks basil but I'm not sure if it's the Zempilas variety.

Apparently Zempilas is considering a tilt at Lord Mayor of Perth. If he gets it and still keeps his Ch7 gig I'm sure the other commentators won't be able to resist mentioning it every 14 seconds - that will truly be a *media shakes head* moment :eek:

Tom the Cheap Wardle, like Basil Zempilas, started out in WA and spread his wings across Australia until he was seen nearly everywhere. But Tom got too big for his boots and eventually crashed and burned. Watch out, Baz...

Last edited:

The only encounters I've had with famous sports people at supermarkets have been when I was behind Zoe Goss at the checkout - before she had got Brian Lara out, so I couldn't chat about that and the only thing she was buying was a large pack of 'lady things'; and Basil Zempilas in his trackie dacks.
I saw Ken at the TAB once

Christopher Pyne (Crows ambassador) in The Advertiser: 'Ignore the NIMBY's and develop the parklands'

David Penberthy (Crows ambassador) in The Advertiser: 'Council's financial saviour could be the Crows' HQ'

Call me cynical...
The Camry Crows have deployed their Ambassadors and media sycophants in response to this disgraceful article in that same publication;

"THE peak advisory body for the Adelaide Parklands says the Crows’ proposal for a $65 million headquarters at the aquatic centre site could be at odds with its lawful uses.

The Adelaide Park Land Authority agreed at a meeting last night that the plan was “potentially inconsistent” with the Adelaide Park Lands Act and the Adelaide Park Lands Management Strategy. ...."

Back in the late 50’s or early 60’s a lot of money was spent on refurbishments to the Alberton Ozone, money down the drain because it was then turned into a Tom the Cheap. Crying shame! It’s now a stand alone as a crappy IGA, with a chemist shop (is that the one owned by Wakelin) and a fish & chip shop.
Someone once told me that picture theatres like the ones at Alberton, Kilkenny or Colonel Light Garden could be turned back into cinemas. I was even told that the screens are still there. I guess the dress circles are still there?

The Camry Crows have deployed their Ambassadors and media sycophants in response to this disgraceful article in that same publication;

"THE peak advisory body for the Adelaide Parklands says the Crows’ proposal for a $65 million headquarters at the aquatic centre site could be at odds with its lawful uses.

The Adelaide Park Land Authority agreed at a meeting last night that the plan was “potentially inconsistent” with the Adelaide Park Lands Act and the Adelaide Park Lands Management Strategy. ...."

I took my boy to the Aquatic Centre today and the jolly folk at APPA left a flyer on my car.

Turns out they’re holding a “debate” over the proposal. Fagan has apparently told them to shove it so they’re still looking for affirmative speakers, but the negative has a full roster of course with the usual suspects Lomax-Smith et al doing their bit to stand in the way of progress once again.

Anyway the centre is an absolute dump these days, they’ve really let it go. Granted the last time I was there would’ve been about 20 years ago but it just struck me as being a lot more neglected than I remember. The ceilings are riddled with water stains, probably mould too, hard to tell with all the shitty patchwork paint jobs they’ve done over the years. The ancient change rooms haven’t been updated at all and wouldn’t look out of place in a prison or the developing world. Half the water jets in the kids area weren’t on, not sure if they’re broken or they just can’t afford the power bill.

The whole joint is just begging to be euthanised with a wrecking ball. I obviously don’t care for the Crows or anything in their interest but if we can nuke this place and replace it with Fed money then I’m all for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I took my boy to the Aquatic Centre today and the jolly folk at APPA left a flyer on my car.

Turns out they’re holding a “debate” over the proposal. Fagan has apparently told them to shove it so they’re still looking for affirmative speakers, but the negative has a full roster of course with the usual suspects Lomax-Smith et al doing their bit to stand in the way of progress once again.

Anyway the centre is an absolute dump these days, they’ve really let it go. Granted the last time I was there would’ve been about 20 years ago but it just struck me as being a lot more neglected than I remember. The ceilings are riddled with water stains, probably mould too, hard to tell with all the shitty patchwork paint jobs they’ve done over the years. The ancient change rooms haven’t been updated at all and wouldn’t look out of place in a prison or the developing world. Half the water jets in the kids area weren’t on, not sure if they’re broken or they just can’t afford the power bill.

The whole joint is just begging to be euthanised with a wrecking ball. I obviously don’t care for the Crows or anything in their interest but if we can nuke this place and replace it with Fed money then I’m all for it.

Yep, I'm the same. As long as their is a clear deliverable in the proposal to improve current services to the general public, then I'm all for it.

Yep, I'm the same. As long as their is a clear deliverable in the proposal to improve current services to the general public, then I'm all for it.

The APPA was having a whinge in the flyer that the proposed replacement facilities will only be 5000sqm but I really don’t think that’s an issue in and of itself. As long as it’s well designed a smaller centre may prove to benefit more people especially since it doesn’t need to cater for Olympic hopefuls now that we have Marion.

Turns out they’re holding a “debate” over the proposal. Fagan has apparently told them to shove it so they’re still looking for affirmative speakers, but the negative has a full roster of course with the usual suspects Lomax-Smith et al doing their bit to stand in the way of progress once again.....
Bullshit those Parklands lovers don't debate the alternative to anything happening on the Parklands.

As I have written before, they believe the Parklands are more sacred, than the Jews believe how sacred the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem is.

I haven't been to the Adelaide Aquatic Centre for over 40 years and can't see myself ever going there again. It didn't have a roof on it last time I was there. I miss the City Baths.

I don't doubt that the place has fallen into serious disrepair but if the Federal Government wants to provide tax payer dollars for its redevelopment why funnel them through a profit making organisation like the Camry Crows? Sure the Camry Crows are going to kick in some of their own money but is the public going to get value for money?

Take out their "pop sell out" stuff namely Lanterns, Plans, March Fires album type s**t, Good Lord, and this new song and go listen to the albums Day One, Universes and more recently Brace.

Day One and Universes are mint, as is the Broken Strings tour album. Brace is very good.
March Fires is absolute commercial sellout trash. Self Titled album is only slightly better but still crap

But then i much prefer Karnivool over Birds. Karnivool are up there as one of my favourite bands.
Themata and Sound Awake are the 2 best albums Ian Kenny has been involved with
If a band has photos done with members looking in different directions, they're generally a s**t band.

For the record its not drakes foodland anymore guysit's just drakes

Catch up jeez

It fair dinkum shits me when people don’t make the time to be up to speed with the latest Drakes news.

Reflective of society as a whole.

Lazy campaigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back