Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

3726769228_2b7a3d3789.jpg

I know who I am taking out of Gryan Miers and Connor Rozee... all day everyday. And outside of Geebung (and possibly inside) I doubt anyone is doing differently.

Flicked through the Tiser at the cafe while waiting for my flat white and the lulz farken...

FRONT PAGE: Crows fan anger headline
PP 6-7: We promise to do better Crows fans double-page spread replete with angry tweets
OPINION PIECE: Crows/Port members have no say (but really f@%k Port, it’s all about the Crows, also written by a “Crows Foundation Member”)
BACK PAGE: Speculates Brad Scott might replace Pyke

Meanwhile, Port supporters are spiteful, ungrateful campaigners who should gladly shovel down the sh!t sandwiches our club keeps feeding us, lmao...

Elspeth's brother with a candidate for LAMEST ******* TWEET EVER

EDByq_WWwAAKmPl.jpg

What an absolute madlad.

'Ned McHenry' still sounds like a fake name that somebody made up on the spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gryan Miers and Ned McHenry.

Two footballers I'd honestly never heard of until I read the last few posts in this thread.

I'm still not convinced they're real.

The most interesting facet of the Miers story is his dad invented the blades football boot and somehow isn’t a multigazillionaire.

The most interesting facet of the Miers story is his dad invented the blades football boot and somehow isn’t a multigazillionaire.
Didn't have the funds to pay for the patent process, is usually the history behind these stories.

Didn't have the funds to pay for the patent process, is usually the history behind these stories.

3D29AB2B-DBB5-405B-AD57-66ABE643E5DC.jpeg

I can’t remember whether he sold the rights for magic beans or got screwed out of his share by predatory business practices, but it was well and truly stitched up at one point.

View attachment 736544

I can’t remember whether he sold the rights for magic beans or got screwed out of his share by predatory business practices, but it was well and truly stitched up at one point.
He did register the patent. maybe he sold it for a lump sum as he needed the money, rather than take a royalty stream and get benefit of growing sales over time.

His first prototype was in 1982. Formed company Xblades in 1989. Lodged the patent application in 1992, was granted final patent in October 1994,7 months after the article in the Washington Post you quoted. First retail store commercial sales 1995 and looks like 2005 was when they gained a decent volume of sales.

Not uncommon that inventors sell rights/patents before they have made a decent presence in the market place as they usually just don't have the monies to commercialize their inventions properly. He might also be doing better out of it that he lets on despite not being a multi-millionaire out of it.

Ok from this article on Gryan after he was drafted in late 2017, looks like the old man sold the business before it had decent commercial success, especially overseas sales.

Born March 30, 1999, parents Dave and Kerry gave him the unique first name because they liked Ryan but wanted to make it more unique.
Dave invented the Blade football boots — initially just for himself, before turning into a successful business which he sold just before Gryan was born

Last edited:
He did register the patent. maybe he sold it for a lump sum as he needed the money, rather than take a royalty stream and get benefit of growing sales over time.

His first prototype was in 1982. Formed company Xbaldes in 1989. Lodged the patent application in 1992, was granted final patent in October 1994,7 months after the article in the Washington Post you quoted. First commercial sales 1995 and looks like 2005 was when they gained a decent volume of sales.

Not uncommon that inventors sell rights/patents before they have made a decent presence in the market place as they usually just don't have the monies to commercialize their inventions properly. He might also be doing better out of it that he lets on despite not being a multi-millionaire out of it.

Ok from this article on Gryan after he was drafted in late 2017, looks like the old man sold the business before it had decent commercial success, especially overseas sales.

Born March 30, 1999, parents Dave and Kerry gave him the unique first name because they liked Ryan but wanted to make it more unique.
Dave invented the Blade football boots — initially just for himself, before turning into a successful business which he sold just before Gryan was born
Reckon BT asked him about it during one of his roaming bits. Scoffed at the premise he’d been shafted.

Reckon BT asked him about it during one of his roaming bits. Scoffed at the premise he’d been shafted.
I thought he scoffed at making a lot of $$$$ out of it. Maybe it was both.

..... His first prototype was in 1982. Formed company Xbaldes in 1989. Lodged the patent application in 1992, was granted final patent in October 1994,7 months after the article in the Washington Post you quoted. First commercial sales 1995 and looks like 2005 was when they gained a decent volume of sales......

Just be careful if you Google that !

:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back