Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be more outraged at the connotations that the phrase 'Ding, dong' has with someone dying, personally.

Yeah that's very poor too, but... that is an oversight on the social media dept not connecting the preset text (Ding, Dong) with the content line they've decided to highlight in the notification (IF Spud is gone). At least that's forgivable.

I mean, isn’t that being as uncharitable as humanly possible? He probably thought it was thoughtful and touching to make him the feature of sliding doors.

Did you read it? Did you think it was 'thoughtful and touching'?
He also wasn't a 'feature', which would be bad enough, he was just the topic for the St Kilda entry.

But no, we need to pretend he’s sitting there devising schemes to use peoples’ deaths to “get clicks”.

We don't need to pretend, that's precisely what they did.

Someone decided to force a tribute into a tenuous IF/THEN format, it was written poorly, made no sense and was jammed into to the St Kilda section, rather than be given its own spot.
Someone then decided to use that part of the column to promote the rest of the column precisely because they knew it would get clicks.
No one checked to see what the alerts would look like when they were broadcast so we get "DING DONG! IF SPUD IS DEAD THEN... SLIDING DOORS LIVE!"

These things don't happen if you're giving a 'thoughtful and touching' tribute to your colleague.

Clicks trump everything.

Fmd I wish we could just let these things go.

On the whole, we do, that's why they get away with it.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
...and never the twain shall meet (well not until 7.50pm aest)

EETmdnxUcAASAyn.jpg
EESzU0ZXUAASo2m.jpg

7News reporting the SANFL will consider sanctions over Hamish Hartletts Facebook post criticizing the decision handed down to Frampton.

Wtf can they do?
Fine him, Magpies are in the SANFL. It’s ducking ridiculous.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
7News reporting the SANFL will consider sanctions over Hamish Hartletts Facebook post criticizing the decision handed down to Frampton.

Wtf can they do?

The wouldn't want it to go their Tribunal - a few inconvenient truths might come out...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know it's a serious topic and a good message to get out there, but how about this !

So desperate to keep him, he's now the Fertiliser's Heath Reporter ???!!!

View attachment 748143

An important message but yes, if you join the Crows, you will get a media gig, no matter your ability.
The fact that Ted gets a speaking part in ads is testament to that.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Note re above - may or may not be Crows Player
Brad Crouch
MEDICAL REPORTER
ADELAIDE
Brad Crouch is medical reporter for The Advertiser and Sunday Mail, and also covers areas such as travel as well as writing feature reports and investigations on a range of topics. He has been a New York correspondent, federal political correspondent and has won multiple awards including SA Journalist of the Year.

He has not played a single AFL game.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Never got dropped to the reserves - what a star!

View attachment 748719
Shows how little I pay attention to Adelaide. I first thought he'd played every game at AFL level, which would be a good achievement, then realised with the Adelaide media I couldn't have missed that. Looks like instead he's going to be one of the 'next <zzzz>' players placating the masses in preparation for the upcoming exodus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back