Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not that I'm bitter or anything but its hard to keep the jobs for the boys going if all these outsiders keep being employed.
This story tonight says for cost cutting but doesn't say who else is axed, if they are seriously cutting costs. It says she became a face of their cricket coverage so 7 is a big chance to snap her up.

All this year I have been reading stories that News Corp, that owns 65% of Foxtel and 100% of Fox Sports are looking at cutting costs, and hiking up subscription charges and paying less for sports rights. I wonder if Kayo has cannibalized their subscriptions rather than saved people from cancelling their subscription. Ie if Kayo wasn't there how many people would have actually got rid of Foxtel, as opposed to now its available, I will cut my cost in half and only get Kayo for sports.

This article from March probably best explains it. News Ltd had to lend Foxtel $300m to help ease its $1.3bil debt burden. Some interesting graphics in the Ad News article about the decline in Average Return Per User and subscription numbers.

Makes it even more disappointing when you consider how brave she was when fronting up to present AFL Tonight the day Danny Frawley died.

She held it together better than I did watching her.

It's just cost cutting. Media is a brutal industry, this stuff shouldn't be unexpected. She's a talent and will find a position elsewhere I'm sure.

True. It’s a little bizarre that Neroli was in the gun though - things must be bad.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
True. It’s a little bizarre that Neroli was in the gun though - things must be bad.
Maybe she wasnt "in the gun," so to speak ... She is immensely popular, and it wouldnt surprise me if she already has another offer that her current employers are unable/unwilling to match

Maybe she wasnt "in the gun," so to speak ... She is immensely popular, and it wouldnt surprise me if she already has another offer that her current employers are unable/unwilling to match

According to the herald sun the bosses at fox, despite allowing Neroli to do it, were pissed off she did the footy show on 9.

Cutting their fat noses off to spite their stupid faces.

Any wonder they are going backwards

Dutchy5150

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
According to the herald sun the bosses at fox, despite allowing Neroli to do it, were pissed off she did the footy show on 9.

Cutting their fat noses off to spite their stupid faces.

Any wonder they are going backwards
Eddie Mcguire bounces from both networks doesn't he?

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Meh Sarah Jones is miles in front, you can't even compare the two. Neroli didn't have any insight so didn't add anything there and she doesn't translate to the live TV shows well like the Footy Show, it doesn't seem her natural personality type.

She was good at interviewing one on one like the last one I remember this year was with Deledio. I don't particularly like her on radio either but assuming she's still go that sweet gig and she will no doubt end up on C7 or something.

This story tonight says for cost cutting but doesn't say who else is axed, if they are seriously cutting costs. It says she became a face of their cricket coverage so 7 is a big chance to snap her up.

All this year I have been reading stories that News Corp, that owns 65% of Foxtel and 100% of Fox Sports are looking at cutting costs, and hiking up subscription charges and paying less for sports rights. I wonder if Kayo has cannibalized their subscriptions rather than saved people from cancelling their subscription. Ie if Kayo wasn't there how many people would have actually got rid of Foxtel, as opposed to now its available, I will cut my cost in half and only get Kayo for sports.

This article from March probably best explains it. News Ltd had to lend Foxtel $300m to help ease its $1.3bil debt burden. Some interesting graphics in the Ad News article about the decline in Average Return Per User and subscription numbers.

Love to see a week-by-week of POXTEL subs around where GoT finished. Can't think of any new title post GoT with so much market distorting power. I canned my FOXTEL the day I heard about that deal back around season 2 or 3 I think. HBO have every right to seek highest local bidder but %^*& FOXTEL and their bastard Kayo offspring.

Speaking of market distorting powers, isn't it neat to see News Corp openly signalling to other bidders on sporting rights contacts?

Makes it even more disappointing when you consider how brave she was when fronting up to present AFL Tonight the day Danny Frawley died.

One of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen.

I wouldn’t be able to speak about a friend’s passing in public years after the event, and there she was, breaking the news live to the nation on the day.

Who needs talent like that when you’ve got to make room for Luke Hodge or Jordan Lewis or some other incoming full-time bozo.

I wouldn’t be able to speak about a friend’s passing in public years after the event, and there she was, breaking the news live to the nation on the day.

Who needs talent like that when you’ve got to make room for Luke Hodge or Jordan Lewis or some other incoming full-time bozo.

Hey come on it’s not blokey enough yet on fox with lynchy and browny and gazza and eddie and lukey and kingy and the chief and Nicky and Jacky reiwoldty and moonsey and sellarsy oh and Sarah Jones.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Fox sports trying to go back to the 1950s and only having onscreen talent of men.

Bigger brains and what not.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
NITV was the group who dropped them
1572413664471.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back