Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Franchise.

Draino.

Yeah, I cringed at that bit. Russell has lived Victoria for 32 years and was not living in Adelaide when we applied to join the AFL or when we did eventually join. He is therefore out of touch and does not realise the sensitivity surrounding the 'f' word for those of us who were around when the Crows were formed.

I don't agree with him about the Hinkley thing, however I do agree on some of the issues he raises in regards to branding.

The club has managed the rebrand in such a ham-fisted manner that they've completely missed what is meaningful change and what is just cosmetic.
(ie doing things that don't matter and ditching things that do.)

Captain wearing #1 was a far bigger thing in the mind of supporters than they anticipated.
Having prison bars wedged into a new logo didn't get the response they thought it would.
Keeping up the fight for wearing the prison bars regularly is a much bigger thing than they realise.
Wearing a guernsey that holds no meaningful significance to supporters, to celebrate our 150th anniversary is a bigger concession than they think.
Dropping the Power moniker is not the panacea they expect it to be.

All these things together make for a confusing mess of messages and signals about who we are and why we exist.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't agree with him about the Hinkley thing, however I do agree on some of the issues he raises in regards to branding.

The club has managed the rebrand in such a ham-fisted manner that they've completely missed what is meaningful change and what is just cosmetic.
(ie doing things that don't matter and ditching things that do.)

Captain wearing #1 was a far bigger thing in the mind of supporters than they anticipated.
Having prison bars wedged into a new logo didn't get the response they thought it would.
Keeping up the fight for wearing the prison bars regularly is a much bigger thing than they realise.
Wearing a guernsey that holds no meaningful significance to supporters, to celebrate our 150th anniversary is a bigger concession than they think.
Dropping the Power moniker is not the panacea they expect it to be.

All these things together make for a confusing mess of messages and signals about who we are and why we exist.
it's almost like the club is being run by afl appointed stooges who have no genuine life long connection to the club and no inherent understanding of what the club is and what's important to the supporters

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
it's almost like the club is being run by afl appointed stooges who have no genuine life long connection to the club and no inherent understanding of what the club is and what's important to the supporters
Holly likes this
:snowboarder::speedboat::surfer::swimmer::dogface::dolphin::octopus::mouseface::beermug::icecreamcone::eggplant::soonarrow::whitecheck::globemeridians::ring::gradcap:

The Rubber Man

Club Legend
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
"Ken Hinkley the best coach for Port"
Another statement made with absolutely no statistical evidence to back it up. Bit like co-captains would equal more wins.
Best coach for Port but also will need to be sacked if they don't make finals this year.

Way to stand behind your opinion

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Best coach for Port but also will need to be sacked if they don't make finals this year.

Way to stand behind your opinion
his logic seems to be that Ken's perfect because we can sack him if we're crap this year - if we had a new coach we can't sack them. Conveniently ignoring that we've been crap for 5 years under Ken now.

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
F11907F7-2746-4070-AB3E-9995F9AE9A9B.jpeg

Ken apologists be like this... well I’ll give him another 20 minutes/ years

That's like Tasmania being left off the map for the Sydney Olympic games. :think:
That was the 1982 Brisbane Commonwealth Games.

ARIARNE Titmus is determined to put Tassie back on the map, 36 years after the insult dealt to Tasmania when the state was erased from the last Commonwealth Games opening ceremony held in Queensland. The 17-year-old swimmer tipped to be the breakout star when the pool action ignites on Thursday has almost comically been caught in a warm-hearted interstate tug of war.

1574660864561.png

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dwayne Russell

- Time for Port to move on to be the teal black and white Power franchise
- Ken Hinkley the best coach for Port

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/11/24/the-issue-port-adelaide-is-currently-facing/

What Russell et al don't get is that our differences is where the club draws its appeal. I like Port because they have traditions like 1 captain, prison bars, telling the rest of SA to GAGF etc.

Also saying that Ken is the best coach for Port but also saying that if he doesn't make finals next season then he would/should be sacked is an odd one. Feel like if he was the best coach for Port his position wouldn't be so volatile. The issue I have with all of these people backing him up is there have been absolutely no justifications for why he deserves to stay on, while the sack Hinkley side basically have an encyclopedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back