Status
Not open for further replies.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Russell doesn't believe there's anyone else out there as good as ken Hinkley but thinks its the right decision to let him go if he misses finals that makes absolutely no sense at all? If he's that great Dwayne shouldn't we keep him even if we miss finals again? Lol what a idiot

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Image result for anonymous goat

Hopefully the full story will now be told

Or maybe they’re all right and you’re wrong🤷🏻‍♂️

They’re ‘right’ in assuming the supporter/member criticism of Port Adelaide’s chronic underperformance since 2015 stems from a belief the club should seriously be challenging for a flag every single year?

Maybe!

they aren't right, they are being paid to water down the PAFC

“We can’t win every year like in the SANFL silly, so keep paying your membership to watch Hinkley serve up a sixth year of the most futile dross imaginable!”

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
“We can’t win every year like in the SANFL silly, so keep paying your membership to watch Hinkley serve up a sixth year of the most futile dross imaginable!”
Oh tribey you are just being too demanding. We can't win every year so we shouldn't really bother. We are just lucky that the AFL let our little old club from Alberton even play in the big leagues. So shut up, be grateful, pay your membership and see you at the footy.

Port Adelaide We Exist to Make up the Numbers.

Remember the article Dwayno penned on the eve of the 2007 GF "Port don't lose Grand Finals, losing them is in Geelong's DNA" yadda yadda.

The guy has been reverse rogering us forever.

Looking back, bringing a defence missing Michael Wilson (achilles) and featuring a severely underdone Daryl Wakelin (rushed back from a torn hamstring) resulting in Troy Chaplin and Michael Pettigrew to be the defensive anchors really set the stage.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Oh tribey you are just being too demanding. We can't win every year so we shouldn't really bother. We are just lucky that the AFL let our little old club from Alberton even play in the big leagues. So shut up, be grateful, pay your membership and see you at the footy.

Port Adelaide We Exist to Make up the Numbers.
I've posted this same sentiment before. We are only in the AFL to make up the numbers for the media rights deal and that is the remit of our AFL appointed board.

The sooner the likes of you and I accept that we should be grateful that we are allowed to play with the big boys of the VFL and not expect to be competitive as well the sooner we'll be happy as "true Port Adelaide supporters" :(

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've posted this same sentiment before. We are only in the AFL to make up the numbers for the media rights deal and that is the remit of our AFL appointed board.

The sooner the likes of you and I accept that we should be grateful that we are allowed to play with the big boys of the VFL and not expect to be competitive as well the sooner we'll be happy as "true Port Adelaide supporters" :(
If they want us to accept that I am going to go find another sport to follow. I can't accept that we don't want to win every damn year. Gaelic football looks fun.

It's incredible how the "we exist to win premierships" line has been used as "we need to win every year", and not "we strive for success".

Isn't every club's existence for the reason of winning premierships? I mean carn.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Looking back, bringing a defence missing Michael Wilson (achilles) and featuring a severely underdone Daryl Wakelin (rushed back from a torn hamstring) resulting in Troy Chaplin and Michael Pettigrew to be the defensive anchors really set the stage.
PTSD dog Pettigrew getting chased down by Ottens

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Isn't every club's existence for the reason of winning premierships? I mean carn.

Well then those other clubs need to realise that they are in the AFL now and they can't expect that and their fans are ungrateful if they demand success and their coaches should be backed in until they can no longer coach.

Ever heard of South Adelaide or St Kilda? They exist to exist.

I mean even the crows exist to only be better than Port.

So no.

No is the answer to your question.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You cant win every year is such a straw man argument.

Literally noone is suggesting we should.

What we should be doing is winning as often (or more) than the benchmark clubs.

If Hawthorn, WCE and Richmond can do it. Why not us?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Ever heard of South Adelaide or St Kilda? They exist to exist.

I mean even the crows exist to only be better than Port.

So no.

No is the answer to your question.
Those are really good examples of sad existences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back