Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant win every year is such a straw man argument.

Literally noone is suggesting we should.

What we should be doing is winning as often (or more) than the benchmark clubs.

If Hawthorn, WCE and Richmond can do it. Why not us?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was us. We won more games than anyone in our first 10 years in the AFL. It just gets forgotten about somewhat because we only netted the one flag in that time and then quickly devolved into a povo laughing stock.

Had to laugh but cringe at the same time the other night on Sportsday SA. Blighty actually asked Miles Bergman if he was related to Ingrid Bergman.
Is Malcom Blight related to Potato Blight?

It was us. We won more games than anyone in our first 10 years in the AFL. It just gets forgotten about somewhat because we only netted the one flag in that time and then quickly devolved into a povo laughing stock.
I meant winning flags not games.

1 is OK but it's not the benchmark.

You cant win every year is such a straw man argument.

Literally noone is suggesting we should.

What we should be doing is winning as often (or more) than the benchmark clubs.

If Hawthorn, WCE and Richmond can do it. Why not us?

The thing with those three clubs you’ve mentioned is they have generally all had success based on several consecutive (or close together) years where they can bring on multiple top end talents to come through together.

All of them also got assisted with priority picks at different stages - because they were s**t at times.

It feels like getting a heap of young talent together at the same time is they key first step to prolonged success. .... I figure that only happens if your ‘very bad’ or adventurous at the trade and draft.

So I guess I agree with the why not us question ?

I meant winning flags not games.

1 is OK but it's not the benchmark.

No it’s not the benchmark but we were only a couple of bad games away from turning that into 2 or maybe even 3 flags over that time. The main thing is that we won a shitload of games during the year and finished Top 4 consistently, which is exactly what you need to do in order to win the flag.

If they want us to accept that I am going to go find another sport to follow. I can't accept that we don't want to win every damn year. Gaelic football looks fun.
I can except not winning every year, but show me process that with the right mix of luck and management could actually lead to this outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't you mean 1sland Star?

I'm pretty certain that's not the capital I from that typeface.

Typical old fashioned thinking where getting your name first in the White/Yellow Pages meant coming up with stupid s**t like that.

I just don’t get the Kornes love.
He talks absolute s**t most of the time.

What, and the rest don't?

Personal preferences aside, Cornes is a sharp and accomplished on-air presenter and commentator. Certainly better than 90% of the dinosaur football players-turned-commentors that infest the AFL media landscape, with their soul-less diatribe! He also is able to present a knowledgeable viewpoint of SA players and Clubs, unlike most of the others who have no idea.

We might not always agree with his opinions, but honestly, are ours any sounder at times?

What, and the rest don't?

Personal preferences aside, Cornes is a sharp and accomplished on-air presenter and commentator. Certainly better than 90% of the dinosaur football players-turned-commentors that infest the AFL media landscape, with their soul-less diatribe! He also is able to present a knowledgeable viewpoint of SA players and Clubs, unlike most of the others who have no idea.

We might not always agree with his opinions, but honestly, are ours any sounder at times?
Are you serious?
I USED to think he was ok when he first started and I was actually pleased we would have e a Port voice in the media at last but now he just makes ridiculous statements and talks out of his you know what.
He also gets 90% of his predictions wrong.
Every single SEN show he states will be MASSIVE. He overuses superlatives.
When he was away on holidays and Coons filled in it was much better imo and I don’t get the Vic love of him.
Anyway that is my opinion. Yours may differ of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back