Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious?
I USED to think he was ok when he first started and I was actually pleased we would have e a Port voice in the media at last but now he just makes ridiculous statements and talks out of his you know what.
He also gets 90% of his predictions wrong.
Every single SEN show he states will be MASSIVE. He overuses superlatives.
When he was away on holidays and Coons filled in it was much better imo and I don’t get the Vic love of him.
Anyway that is my opinion. Yours may differ of course.
Yea we do differ...

He is very strongly opinionated, and that easily offsides people. I don't mind that, and it doesn't bother me if he gets it wrong at times, that is what opinions are about. I also don't expect a "Port voice" from him, just an informed voice on SA footy, and he brings that. He also doesn't stand for any crap, or pander to the Vics like another bum-licking ex-Port commentator we know!

Smartest thing the ugly little gremlin has ever done is get in with hutchy.

Are you serious?
I USED to think he was ok when he first started and I was actually pleased we would have e a Port voice in the media at last but now he just makes ridiculous statements and talks out of his you know what.
When he was away on holidays and Coons filled in it was much better imo and I don’t get the Vic love of him.
Actually this morning it's jam-packed

Are you serious?
I don't particularly like cornes, he's always going for controversy to get attention, but he's not all bad if you disregard his Ken love (which is understandable given he gave him an extra 2½ years)

But Adam Cooney!? He's so bland he makes Kym Dillbo sound interesting by comparison

Hutchy loves him because he is controversial, new face etc.

Kane’s declared hero is Colin Cowherd, who along with Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith is a hot take factory who never laced a boot.

Which would be the first time a pro-athlete of any calibre not only gave credence to this form of ‘journalist’, but felt the need to go down this path for tactical relevance over and above their own playing-CV.

That said, he’s certainly cashing in on his first-to-market status in this neck of the woods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like what Kane tries to do, I just think his radio voice, style and mannerisms are very annoying for a presenter. Most mornings the 7am to 7.30am dialogue is a repeat of the 6.30am to 7am segment

Kane’s declared hero is Colin Cowherd, who along with Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith is a hot take factory who never laced a boot.

Which would be the first time a pro-athlete of any calibre not only gave credence to this form of ‘journalist’, but felt the need to go down this path for tactical relevance over and above their own playing-CV.

That said, he’s certainly cashing in on his first-to-market status in this neck of the woods.

Colin's more of a cold take factory, but for some reason I still follow him on social media. That makes a lot of sense because Kane channels him hard.

As you say, i'm not immediately aware of another former pro-athlete who provides this sort of opinion. I guess Kane having spent his footballing life in Adelaide away from the Melbourne bubble probably helped him stay separate enough. The biggest issue with the AFL media is too many former players are involved and nobody will say a bad word about anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back