Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty easy for me.

Crow Lite - Hey Chiwigi did you see the result on the weekend, how great are the Pride of SA.
Chiwigi - Yeah, they played well, how did it lok at the ground?
Crow Lite- Ah, I didn't go to the game, had "insert excuse here"
Chiwigi - Fair enough, how do you think Rory went, I though he was ok?
Crow Lite - Don't know, didn't actually watch it on TV.
Chiwigi - THEN fu** OFF TALKING TO ME YOU ******* campaigner BUCKET W#$@ STAIN.
Heaps of “crow lite’s” about. All talk but have deep pockets and short arms.

More Port supporters where I am. Not by much though.
Also a couple of Essendon supporters too so with the crows and bombers being my most disliked teams, I do get a little into the banter. Especially this year.

There are quite a few Crows supporters amongst the professional classes in Melbourne. When people find out I'm from SA, I have to dispel their assumptions.

Yeah, those that tend to move to the big cities for career progression tend to be the professional classes which, like it or not, do come from the old school tie Sturt/Norwood/Crows network. I mean you wouldn't be stupid enough to move to Bleak Town town if you were something like a Psych Nurse would you?

Genuine question. In your work places, what is the mix of Crows fans to Port fans?

I find the militant bias perplexing sometimes. I get the amongst the older generation that reads the Advertiser, watches Ch 7 news and listens to 5AA that there is probably a significant weighting in their favour, but just in general life amongst the living, I don't see it as much.

My work place, and associated businesses, based in North Adelaide and with people from all over Adelaide (albeit a lot of Southern European heritage), it's at worst 50/50, but probably more weighted towards Port. These on the whole are professionals as well.

Is the Crows have the overwhelming majority of supporters in the state and therefore the ridiculous media bias an outdated concept?

I work for quite a large organisation, so i'll narrow it down to just my department. I am 1 of 5 Port fans in a department of about 120 people. I'd say there would be about 60 who would identify as a crows fan (either hardcore or just support them as the "state team"), a half a dozen fans of neutral sides, and the rest couldn't give a stuff about sport.

It made the Friday before the 2017 GF basically unbearable, but the following Tuesday (the GF that year was on a long weekend) was probably one of my favourite days at work. The joint was like a bloody morgue!

A guy is caught short and takes a leak in a private corner laneway 2 years ago. Wowee. 'Damning' indeed.

The very fact NewsCorp deems this newsworthy shows what an utter pile of vomit it is as organisation.

The fact that they link to a video of of it shows just what a muck-raking utter sh!tshow they are. How the heck could any self respecting person work for them?

Fitting that The Advertiser (formerly The News) is where Rupert Murdoch got his start in the tabloid news business.

That they now rely on bitter crows customers to keep their paper thin revenue base in positive territory is fitting as well.

The fact that the Advertiser chose to make a link to Port Adelaide in the story to make it relevant to their readership doesn't trouble me at all. In fact I thank them for it.

I'd much rather be associated with a 2 time AFL Premiership player and senior coach who takes take a quiet p!ss in a corner than a gutter rag like the Adelaide Advertiser which thinks a video of him doing it is front page news.

Last edited:
A guy is caught short and takes a leak in a private corner laneway 2 years ago. Wowee. 'Damning' indeed.

The very fact NewsCorp deems this newsworthy shows what an utter pile of vomit it is as organisation.

The fact that they link to a video of of it shows just what a muck-raking utter sh!tshow they are. How the heck could any self respecting person work for them?

Fitting that The Advertiser (formerly The News) is where Rupert Murdoch got his start in the tabloid news business.

That they now rely on bitter crows customers to keep their paper thin revenue base in positive territory is fitting as well.
To be honest, I reckon this one comes from higher up.

A lot of Melbourne media people still pissed off about Dean Solomon getting the chop a few weeks back amid reports it was solely Dew's decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5DoubleCrow news have gone with "Port Adelaide hoping to break the trend of minor premiers not winning the flag after finishing top ......."

Edit: Text sent "Forget the Power. How many teams have won the flag after finishing dead last? #wespoonasone"

Last edited:
We're just lucky we didn't get player who played games with Port Adelaide Football Club, Harley Bennell, breaks covid restrictions.
Harley Bennell, who played 5 of his 88 career games against the Port Adelaide Football Club, breaks covid restrictions.

5DoubleCrow news have gone with "Port Adelaide hoping to break the trend of minor premiers not winning the flag after finishing top ......."

Edit: Text sent "Forget the Power. How many teams have won the flag after finishing dead last? #wespoonasone"

Was read out on air

Good Job :thumbsu:

I work for quite a large organisation, so i'll narrow it down to just my department. I am 1 of 5 Port fans in a department of about 120 people. I'd say there would be about 60 who would identify as a crows fan (either hardcore or just support them as the "state team"), a half a dozen fans of neutral sides, and the rest couldn't give a stuff about sport.

It made the Friday before the 2017 GF basically unbearable, but the following Tuesday (the GF that year was on a long weekend) was probably one of my favourite days at work. The joint was like a bloody morgue!
Well I have checked my contacts against the 100 page Crows spread in the Sunday Mail and one, only one, is a paid up full member this year, and all those who email me memes or cover facebook with red blue and gold flags after their wins, even this year of late, are nowhere to be seen on that list.

Yes the most loud-moth rabid ones of all don’t have memberships or haven’t stuck financially by their lovely boys and All Australian Tex this year.

And aren’t they supposedly to be ‘the chardonnay well heeled upper echelon of society‘ compared to the ‘long queue of toothless Port supporters camping outside centerlink?’

Enlightening.

And aren’t they supposedly to be ‘the chardonnay well heeled upper echelon of society‘ compared to the ‘long queue of toothless Port supporters camping outside centerlink?’

Enlightening.

I did like the intro to last nights game, where they picked the 3 or 4 most socially and facially disadvantaged fans to showcase to Australia

2 port members at my work (includes me) 1 crows member... then 2 or 3 guys who say they are crows supporters but dont really care. Well the 1 used to care... until 2017 when they lost to Richmond and he copped s**t... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back