Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It may not be unusual but that doesn't mean it is common for someone moving interstate for work to not sell their former residence.

Alex is a Victorian so if he is going to keep a house in QLD long term it is unlikely to be in Brisvegas.

I kept my house in Adelaide when I lived interstate and overseas. I sold both my houses in QLD when I moved location. Not everyone has the money behind them to build up Australia wide property portfolios.

Back in the early 80's through my work I came across 3 or 4 management types in the transport industry who took job transfers from the eastern states to SA and sold their houses for enormous money by Adelaide standards and then bought something better here for less than a 3rd of what they sold the original property for.

I remember one bloke who was originally from Sydney describing the difference in property prices as akin to winning the opera house lottery.
Apparently the interest on his term deposit from the funds left over was more than his wife could earn in a full time job, so she stayed home with the kids.
Those were the days when you could buy a block at West Lakes for less than 30k though.

Back in the early 80's through my work I came across 3 or 4 management types in the transport industry who took job transfers from the eastern states to SA and sold their houses for enormous money by Adelaide standards and then bought something better here for less than a 3rd of what they sold the original property for.

I remember one bloke who was originally from Sydney describing the difference in property prices as akin to winning the opera house lottery.
Apparently the interest on his term deposit from the funds left over was more than his wife could earn in a full time job, so she stayed home with the kids.
Those were the days when you could buy a block at West Lakes for less than 30k though.
11% to 15% deposit interest rates will do that for you.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
I bet Fisher McAsey didn’t sell up when he got drafted

Well, no...

1612912175030.png

"We've kept your room exactly how you left it, son!"

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
I know what we can do, let’s get Joffa on. While he is there let’s ask him about the Prison Bar debate.

*ing w***ers

DC41CFB1-4DD9-4589-A687-D2DF3AC99678.jpeg

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Its about his interview with Lumumba back when Heritier fist raised his allegations of racist treatment at Collingwood.

The full interview was quite broad, allowing Lumumba the opportunity to tell his story, but it also attacked his story. When it was cut together for broadcast it basically appeared to be a Collingwood FC PR piece. And then ended with Helliar and Aly's final editoral comments post interview where they questioned Lumumba's credibility.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks

"The report was instigated after Lumumba made damning claims about enduring a “culture of racist jokes” and being nicknamed “Chimp” while playing for the Magpies.

Aly interviewed Lumumba for an episode of the popular Channel 10 show, during which the defender’s alleged nickname was discussed.

The Project panellist Peter Helliar questioned the authenticity of Lumumba’s allegations, saying at the time “it would be really helpful if we heard more detail, especially with the nickname”.

The comedian also claimed Lumumba risked “smearing an entire club” if his story could not be verified."

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Its about his interview with Lumumba back when Heritier fist raised his allegations of racist treatment at Collingwood.

The full interview was quite broad, allowing Lumumba the opportunity to tell his story, but it also attacked his story. When it was cut together for broadcast it basically appeared to be a Collingwood FC PR piece. And then ended with Helliar and Aly's final editoral comments post interview where they questioned Lumumba's credibility.

there plenty of credability issue's with Lumumba's story, If you took the money out of the equation you wonder if he would even care considering the back ground to the story. I do find it very strange that ex team mates dont seem to be sticking by him and i think the default position of his ex team mates would be to say nothing because maybe if they told the truth or what they think is the truth then they would be labelled racist or crucified by the media like they always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back