Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices started to rise once capital gains was introduced in about 1981. Price of land is pushed artificially high by councils and governments to tax us more.
19/9/85.

Switched on Fiveaa to hear Richo last night, Rowe was interviewing someone from Adelaide United he finished off by saying "from one state side to another, here is so and so from the Adelaide Crows women's team".

He proceeded to get her name wrong and apologised on air. I switched off and never heard Richo.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
State side lol! And what do the 15 plus interstaters on their list think of that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the one that most has me reaching for the mute button. Followed by Brereton.

He has this reputation as a great race caller and they wheel him out for the spring carnival every year and he’s actually s**t at it. He’s more annoying than when he calls football.

Huh? Wasn't it KT that saved Kane from getting moved on by Primus? Now he reckons he was going to walk away and Bruce convinced him otherwise? What a clown.
A Cornes revising history to suit their agenda, I am without speech.

Bruce has been the doyen of sports commentators for decades. Probably slipped a bit the past couple of years (and his frothing over the Cows grinds my gears).
Cometti was superior as a caller of AFL, but Bruce was next best (never heard enough of Clynton Grybas to make a definitive call on him), and he excelled at other sports such as racing, the Olympics, etc.

To suggest Gillon Jnr is an able replacement for AFL just defies all human logic :rolleyes::weary:🤭 Would be one of the last picked in any commentary team I was putting together (along with BT and Dwayno).

Anthony Hudson is as good as there is, and always is fair minded with no agendas to push - especially in regards to comments on Port games.

Otherwise it's slim picking's as far as quality commentary is concerned.

I'll still take Bruce calling the sprint races in Tokyo, but his footy calling deteriorated during his 5 seasons off in 2002-06, and then when channel 7 won back the rights, they employed an Alastair Campbell type and told him to sex up his calling/broadcasting of the footy, and Bruce stuffed it up and lost it.

Bruce has been the doyen of sports commentators for decades. Probably slipped a bit the past couple of years (and his frothing over the Cows grinds my gears).
Cometti was superior as a caller of AFL, but Bruce was next best (never heard enough of Clynton Grybas to make a definitive call on him), and he excelled at other sports such as racing, the Olympics, etc.

To suggest Gillon Jnr is an able replacement for AFL just defies all human logic :rolleyes::weary:🤭 Would be one of the last picked in any commentary team I was putting together (along with BT and Dwayno).

Anthony Hudson is as good as there is, and always is fair minded with no agendas to push - especially in regards to comments on Port games.

Otherwise it's slim picking's as far as quality commentary is concerned.
Clinton Grybus was a star performer. He passed away a month before his 33rd birthday.

To benchmark Clinton's career against Dennis' and Bruce's, you have to look at what Dennis had achieved by 1982 and Bruce by 1986. Clinton had achieved more on bigger stages than the other two had by the time they were both 33 years old.

We could always get dittmar to give us the inside info on what roo thinks about Port Adelaide
Dittmar saying during the trial game commentary that Ricciuto keeps telling him that to stop Ports you just need to stop Dixon. How'd that work out on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back