Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Pembo he has paid his dues unlike you, a paid mouthpiece

View attachment 1075089
Lol he must’ve had a talking to.

Earlier in the week when speaking to the CEO of Adelaide council his words we along the lines of “ I don’t even give a stuff about the crows development, after last year it’s hard for me to care about them.”

Spoken like a man to whom footy “became awesome in 97/98”. Jog on dick head.

On the topic at hand. Kane’s been pretty savvy in his media career so far. In a post-truth world you make it by creating controversy - journalist as entertainer - rather than striving for balance or objectivity. I think of him like a much duller version of Stephen A Smith on ESPN.
Econopower back on page 126, I think you were the first one to label Kornes as a Stephen A Smith type on the Port board and probably on Big Footy. I remember commenting he was a restrictionist compared to Smith.

Ash Browne editor of AFL Record and regular on SEN is releasing his annual 50 most influential people in the AFL this week, 10 per day and he has dubbed Kane as the Stephen A Smith at 48, debuting in the list this year.

48. Kane Cornes
Broadcaster, commentator, SEN, Nine, AFL.com.au
Last year:

At a time when many in the AFL media industry can be locked into groupthink, Cornes sticks out like a beacon, happy to take a counterview and to use facts and logic to argue his points. It’s a family trait; his legendary father Graham has never been one to back away from a sharply-held opinion. Kane, who has been likened to ESPN star Stephen A. Smith when it comes to hot takes that instantly go viral, works a punishing schedule in season, with breakfast radio five days a week and weekend travel from Adelaide to Melbourne to watch games and make various TV appearances.

Post-truth” is such a meaningless expression, isn’t it?

Stephen A. Smith is not a journalist. He is either a jester or a clown — depending on whether he is willing to use his position to say inconvenient truths (a jester) or only entertaining nonsense (a clown).
I thought he was spot on with the Donovan Mitchell ejection comments a couple weeks back.

lol, never change Adelaide.

"A FORMER AFL and SANFL footballer charged with 40 deception offences will contest the charges, a court has heard. Adam Jay Cockshell, 34, played two games for Port Adelaide Football Club in 2007 ..."

"A FORMER AFL and SANFL footballer charged with 40 deception offences will contest the charges, a court has heard. Adam Jay Cockshell, 34, played two games for Port Adelaide Football Club in 2007 ..."
At least they haven't called him an AFL star and gone on to add ...........2007 where port suffered the greatest ever losing margin in a grand final which led to a serious of events which threatened the existence of the club.

From what I heard on the wireless, it is around $17,000. How is that news?
This is #cringelaide and former player for cash strapped Port Power steals money. It doesn't matter how much.

From what I recall of Cockshell, those two AFL games should be included in the forty deception offences.

The radio this morning just flat out said "Former Port Adelaide Player Adam Cockshell has SUPERSPREAD the COVID. Everyone is DEAD!"

From what I recall of Cockshell, those two AFL games should be included in the forty deception offences.

Played the first two games after getting drafted, both wins, then never played again. Funny career trajectory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played the first two games after getting drafted, both wins, then never played again. Funny career trajectory.

Probably his own fault for fraudulently claiming to be a Co'shell when it's obvious he was a COCKshell.

I remember Cockshell at a family day game and he impressed me with one of his plays. He and his opponent Toby Thurston were running together and contesting a loose ball that was heading towards the boundary line in front of the Quinn stand. Adam kept going and Toby said “bugger it” and it resulted in Adam leaping the fence and ending up in screaming heap with the fans.
Said a lot!

Last edited:
I remember Cockshell at a family day game and he impressed me with one of plays. He and his opponent Toby Thurston were running together and contesting a loose ball that was heading towards the boundary line in front of the Quinn stand. Adam kept going and Toby said “bugger it” and it resulted in Adam leaping the fence and ending up in screaming heap with the fans.
Said a lot!
A utensil in your lap is worth two in a bush :think:

Econopower back on page 126, I think you were the first one to label Kornes as a Stephen A Smith type on the Port board and probably on Big Footy. I remember commenting he was a restrictionist compared to Smith.

Ash Browne editor of AFL Record and regular on SEN is releasing his annual 50 most influential people in the AFL this week, 10 per day and he has dubbed Kane as the Stephen A Smith at 48, debuting in the list this year.

48. Kane Cornes
Broadcaster, commentator, SEN, Nine, AFL.com.au
Last year:

At a time when many in the AFL media industry can be locked into groupthink, Cornes sticks out like a beacon, happy to take a counterview and to use facts and logic to argue his points. It’s a family trait; his legendary father Graham has never been one to back away from a sharply-held opinion. Kane, who has been likened to ESPN star Stephen A. Smith when it comes to hot takes that instantly go viral, works a punishing schedule in season, with breakfast radio five days a week and weekend travel from Adelaide to Melbourne to watch games and make various TV appearances.

Page 45: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/media-shakes-head-part-7.1225566/page-45#post-63829055

He openly models himself on Cowherd, which, yeah, as per my previous thoughts. Baffling.

Kane is more Nick Wright

That guy is a cuhlown. At least with Skip, Cowherd, Stephen A. and Kellerman you can tell there’s a massive dollop of ‘for effect/paying bills/get me off-record and I’m likely to say the opposite’ to their hot takes.

Wright constantly dredges pools of ridiculousness through a lens of analytical seriousness to bulwark his takes, especially with his comically bad opinions of Brady and Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back