Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh boy, Mark Robinson puts Richmond's loss to Sydney down to the brilliance of Sydney's young players. He puts Port's 37 point loss in the west down to Port's big heads.

Robinson is on the money when he says our loss was down to a non existent mid field and maybe too many tall forwards but big heads? The taint of Victorian bias is always there with Robinson.
Well West Coast won off all their old campaigners smashing us, so he couldn't rave about their youngsters. They're probably bottom 4 for youngsters across the league. No consolation as our regular bullies beat us up as usual whilst still playing.

Yes, there's Victorian bias, but a midfield that just thought it would happen (and a coach who won't change anything whilst it could still matter) is big heads at work.

Lol Robbo, I'm surprised he didn't blame our little arms

giphy.gif

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We clearly read our own press and rocked up thinking it would just happen. From the coaches selecting a 4 tall squad for the very first time in a clutch game down to the players visible efforts, it was all ego. You don't get jumped like that if you're hungry for the contest.

Wow... so now its big headed to pick the 4 tall squad. Which we picked against a side that has regularly been playing large numbers of tall players.

I do not think we have big heads I think we were outplayed where it counted.

Well, in the aftermath of the loss our captain did come out and say the group had planned to go 22-0 this season, so there is a fairly decent chance they got ahead of themselves a touch.

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
Not sure where to put this, but as it relates to digital media I'm putting it here. Not sure how I was cc'd in this twitter exchange but it caught my eye as it was posted by the Crows Digital media strategy guy reposting on twitter a mildly abusive DM he received from someone.

Now you don't have to be Einstein to work out that every media person from every club gets their fair share of abusive retorts on their official social media accounts from idiot opposition fans. But what gets me is why this guy thought it was in any way helpful to repost this particular tweet to his audience. Of course, this one just happens to tar the cross town rivals which is what got my goat.

Surely the smart thing to do is to ignore rather than share?

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.51.03 pm.png

Apr 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well, in the aftermath of the loss our captain did come out and say the group had planned to go 22-0 this season, so there is a fairly decent chance they got ahead of themselves a touch.
"better than the 04 side" also springs to mind. Until we actually accomplish something worthwhile, it probably wouldn't hurt those within the club to let the footy do the talking for a sustained period.

Not sure where to put this, but as it relates to digital media I'm putting it here. Not sure how I was cc'd in this twitter exchange but it caught my eye as it was posted by the Crows Digital media strategy guy reposting on twitter a mildly abusive DM he received from someone.

Now you don't have to be Einstein to work out that every media person from every club gets their fair share of abusive retorts on their official social media accounts from idiot opposition fans. But what gets me is why this guy thought it was in any way helpful to repost this particular tweet to his audience. Of course, this one just happens to tar the cross town rivals which is what got my goat.

View attachment 1097105

Pretty rich given their previous social media team’s policy of trolling Port at every opportunity and then blocking people who return mild fire.

Mr Experience

Southern Power fan
Apr 8, 2021
wat
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 1097105
It's Twitter: nothing like a good virtue signal

Pretty rich given their previous social media team’s policy of trolling Port at every opportunity and then blocking people who return mild fire.
The Crows twitter admin a few years ago said "Port Adelaide are dead in the SANFL, It's Port Power reserves", and I got blocked for calling them unprofessional.

Be better crows. Be better.

The Crows twitter admin a few years ago said "Port Adelaide are dead in the SANFL, It's Port Power reserves", and I got blocked for calling them unprofessional.

Be better crows. Be better.

Yeah I was nixed around the same time for similar. Pathetic.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 1097105
Meh probably fake anyway (or at least there is context we aren't seeing). Most victim-style stories on the internet seem to be fake when you do even a little bit of digging.

View attachment 1097105

That's that were setup for the purpose of a like/share for $50 alex.

Nice hashtag you ******* ******** :thumbsu:, absolutely deserved that one.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Not sure whether to laugh or vomit View attachment 1097840
You realise that the Adelaide Mail is a satirical website so laughing is the desired response.

Not only is that guernsey mocked up in MS Paint but the "CROMRY" logo may have been a bit of a give away.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What did the club do to Dwayne Russell for him to hate them so much these days... ? His commentary against us , the prison bars bullshit (in some ways supporting Eddie's comments at times ) ,ontop of his comments on SEN today that Robbie Gray deliberately rushed the ball through the behinds "there wasn't enough pressure on him" 🙄😂and that he'd pay a free against him everyday ? Does the guy not know the rules? Maybe it's because he does talk back in Melbourne to whinging Richmond fans and he's desperate to appear impartial? Whatever the reason , it's weird.. it's hard enough listening to brain injured Ricciuto during our games let alone this guy.

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What did the club do to Dwayne Russell for him to hate them so much these days... ? His commentary against us , the prison bars bullshit (in some ways supporting Eddie's comments at times ) ,ontop of his comments on SEN today that Robbie Gray deliberately rushed the ball through the behinds "there wasn't enough pressure on him" 🙄😂and that he'd pay a free against him everyday ? Does the guy not know the rules? Maybe it's because he does talk back in Melbourne to whinging Richmond fans and he's desperate to appear impartial? Whatever the reason , it's weird.. it's hard enough listening to brain injured Ricciuto during our games let alone this guy.
Dwayne is just an A grade pretentious campaigner

thats about it really

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Dwayne isn't paid to officiate on field incidents so he can think whatever he likes. He is wrong. No one actually takes him seriously. He's sort of the Richard Wilkins of football.

Dwayne isn't paid to officiate on field incidents so he can think whatever he likes. He is wrong. No one actually takes him seriously. He's sort of the Richard Wilkins of football.

E27E0831-32E3-43D6-85D5-672DC8DDEE1B.jpeg

“I’m falling 4 you... alright!”

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Bob Byrne, writing in today's Monopoly Times did a feature piece on KG Cunningham. It basically tells the world what a great guy Cunningham is. I may have missed it but the article does not mention the day this icon of the airwaves was booed out of Alberton Oval. I think it is fair to say not every SA football fan thinks Cunningham is God's gift to SA sport.

I cannot find a link to the article as it is not on the Adelaide Now site. Maybe that is just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back