Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just on Garry Lyon one of my mates was dealing blackjack to him in Crown a number of years ago and in conversation my mate said he was South Australian. Well apparently Lyon went on a 5 minute monologue how the non-Vic states had killed football and he wished that they would go back to the VFL. That's the sort of stupidity you're dealing with. He may have changed his tune now but wouldn't surprise me if that is still how he feels.
Those non-Vic teams entering the AFL really sacked the life out of Melbourne's unbelievable run of success didn't they...

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just on Garry Lyon one of my mates was dealing blackjack to him in Crown a number of years ago and in conversation my mate said he was South Australian. Well apparently Lyon went on a 5 minute monologue how the non-Vic states had killed football and he wished that they would go back to the VFL. That's the sort of stupidity you're dealing with. He may have changed his tune now but wouldn't surprise me if that is still how he feels.
I think Garry is also somewhat bitter about the fact that his beloved Demons haven't been a realistic chance of winning a flag since Robert Menzies was Prime Minister.

longdonkey

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Geez I wonder how much of Footy Assiffied will be dedicated to the big "Traditional" ANZAC Day blockbuster between the 14th placed Essington and the high flying 16th placed Colliwobbles?
I think the last time I watched that game some guy called McGough was BOG. Won't watch it on principle.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Geez I wonder how much of Footy Assiffied will be dedicated to the big "Traditional" ANZAC Day blockbuster between the 14th placed Essington and the high flying 16th placed Colliwobbles?

And they can wear whatever jumper and shorts they want and stuff cause it’s Victorian tradition and that means Australian Football tradition and it’s the most important tradition.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
And they can wear whatever jumper and shorts they want and stuff cause it’s Victorian tradition and that means Australian Football tradition and it’s the most important tradition.
A long standing tradition since Kevin Sheedy invented ANZAC Day in 1995.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imhotep

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know that Port hasn't ever had any favours from the media but this year it genuinely feels like we have been frozen out of any real positive media attention. By this time in both 2013 and 2014 we had 10× the amount of minutes spent on us over various media platforms, Kens face was everywhere players like Wingard and Wines were being highlighted our trading was being applauded. You compare the treatment Sydney, Carlton, Essendon, Brisbane, Richmond, Melbourne and let's not forget Collingwood and it's like we don't even exist, yet everyone of these bloody commentators tipped us to finish top 2.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know that Port hasn't ever had any favours from the media but this year it genuinely feels like we have been frozen out of any real positive media attention. By this time in both 2013 and 2014 we had 10× the amount of minutes spent on us over various media platforms, Kens face was everywhere players like Wingard and Wines were being highlighted our trading was being applauded. You compare the treatment Sydney, Carlton, Essendon, Brisbane, Richmond, Melbourne and let's not forget Collingwood and it's like we don't even exist, yet everyone of these bloody commentators tipped us to finish top 2.
Good

Look I get what you mean but good press drives membership and revenue and when your at the top of the ladder you need to make hay.
I reckon those outside the club are waiting to see how Port goes in September - which I think is fair enough. I'm also sure Port fans are keen to see the club finally get to a grand final: it's been 14 long years since the last one, so it's long overdue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back