Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The argument that agreements in place can’t ever be reassessed is a funny one. I wonder if crows fans making this argument had the opportunity to change the mcg grand final agreement in future would they? Or should we all be expected to honour it because a previous regime signed something? Maybe it’s just because they don’t want to see anything benefit port.

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
I think it was more a case of "To be, or not to be", but here's another loser club supporter's view of things:

But if he insists on quoting Macbeth:

It is a tale told by an idiot
Full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing

Written by rookie contributor Clinton Cenko. Crow fan and, as with most of them, someone desperately jealous of the fact Port, rather than his own SANFL team, made the jump from SANFL to the big league.

He is a lecturer in public health so hopefully he knows someone who can do something about that mighty chip he's been carrying on his shoulder for the past 30 years.

Troy Chaplin is a better Port Adelaide man than Dwayne Russell.
There's a lot of reasons to dislike Troy. From his on-field pointing trying to mask his own inadequacies* to his on-field aeroplaning. From the "West Lakes Westfield is scary" to the hilariously self-incriminaring farewell message he sent. All of these things were petty and ill-intentioned, yet a kind individual may consider these forgivable.

What is not forgivable in any way is his theft of premiership guernseys. ******* flog. Unredeemable.

*His uncontested double fisted spoil to the advantage of the opposition almost seemed like a set play

Apr 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Brooklyn Nets
There's a lot of reasons to dislike Troy. From his on-field pointing trying to mask his own inadequacies* to his on-field aeroplaning. From the "West Lakes Westfield is scary" to the hilariously self-incriminaring farewell message he sent. All of these things were petty and ill-intentioned, yet a kind individual may consider these forgivable.

What is not forgivable in any way is his theft of premiership guernseys. ******* flog. Unredeemable.

*His uncontested double fisted spoil to the advantage of the opposition almost seemed like a set play
And keeping all these things in mind I still put derrrwayne in a lower bracket than him.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think it was more a case of "To be, or not to be", but here's another loser club supporter's view of things:

Full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing
"the events of July 1990 were hardly spoken of again."

Haha.

Why do they always forget to mention that the other states had already joined and that the power was already tilted to Vic.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
STOP BUYING IT AND LINKING TO IT YOU ABSOLUTE BELLEND
But but but....... it's so full of high quality journalism...... like this mornings article about how everyone should be outraged because so many people haven't got their second COVID jab. I mean sure, it's still at least a month before they're allowed to get their second one, but that's not the point............

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
I have only scanned through Graham Cornes' article from today's Monopoly Times but no surprises as from what I can glean it is his typical anti Port message. At times I wonder if Cornes actually believes his own message or he simply writes to create controversy and stimulate Murdoch's circulation. If so he has probably achieved his objective because he has got me for one to respond to his crap.

So what is Cornes saying ? That South Australians should forget the past and focus on the present, that it is only Victorians who should be able to perpetuate past contributors such as John Coleman and Chas Brownlow and it is only Collingwood who should be able to wear the guernsey they wore prior to the advent of what is supposed to be an Australian Football League?

The thing about Cornes is the hypocracy of the man. Back in 1990 he was the one standing up for the rights of South Australians and the tradition of the SANFL yet now he is telling us that Crows fans object to an icon of the SANFL being worn in the AFL? Viewed in that light Cornes' argument is really a Crow ambassador having a sook about it's AFL rival wearing a guernsey that symbolises something the AFC does have- heritage. One thing that Cornes has never been able to handle and the thing most Crow fans fail to acknowledge is Port Adelaide's heritage. This is of course because they feel inadequate as their biggest rivals have something they do not- a pre AFL history.

Up you Cornes, have a read of this...

Official Camry Crows' Ambassador Graham Cornes is using his weekly Camry Crows' Newsletter published in The Advertiser to attack the Port Adelaide Football Club. I am truly without speech. o_O

But but but....... it's so full of high quality journalism...... like this mornings article about how everyone should be outraged because so many people haven't got their second COVID jab. I mean sure, it's still at least a month before they're allowed to get their second one, but that's not the point............

Or where else can you find out who was at Dr Bill Smith's high tea in Medindie?

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing

I picture Eddie, Gil and Andy D as the witches at the start of the tale.

Where shall we three meet again,
in thunder, lightning or in rain.
When the hurley of burleys is done
when the battle of the bars is won.
We will meet with Ross and Matt,
And at young Port they spat.

All hail, Port Power! Hail to thee, thanes of SANFL!
All hail, Port Power! Hail to thee, thanes of AFL!
All hail, Port Power!, that shalt be kings of teal hereafter!

Tredz

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Utah Jazz

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

An article about Covid and Wrinkles knocking Port in the Monopoly Times? Old Rappy would have knocked out one before he finished morning cup of tea.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The argument that agreements in place can’t ever be reassessed is a funny one. I wonder if crows fans making this argument had the opportunity to change the mcg grand final agreement in future would they? Or should we all be expected to honour it because a previous regime signed something? Maybe it’s just because they don’t want to see anything benefit port.
He’s an example that’s SA based re agreements being changed.
A few years ago 5AA took to the decision to terminate KG’s tenure due to, I guess some good managerial reasoning but loy and behold he’s back on 5AA’s airways sprouting his anti Port venom.
So “agreements in place can’t ever be reassessed is a funny one”.

It's very difficult to get upset about the contents of the Crowvertiser if you never read it.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I must admit I read the 'tiser in a cafe this morning for the first time in a while.

"Make the grand final and you won't care what jumper you are wearing" Graham Cornes.

Its is amazing he had so many opportunities to learn from his failure and failed to grasp any of them.

Port played for the jumper Graham. It stands for something bigger than the individual, bigger than the team. That's why you lost repeatedly.

Given the choice between Graham Cornes' views on the importance of the guernseys and Fos Williams' views i know which one ill take thanks.

"There are some fabulous stories of your father (Fos Williams) and the intensity with which he say, would approach players especially young players, who were about to start with Port Adelaide. And one story that I read was that he handed a young player his first jersey and then looked him in the eye and said, 'Are you prepared to die for this?'

Alyx I'd love an image of Fos handing the jumper to Kochie asking him the same question.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have only scanned through Graham Cornes' article from today's Monopoly Times but no surprises as from what I can glean it is his typical anti Port message. At times I wonder if Cornes actually believes his own message or he simply writes to create controversy and stimulate Murdoch's circulation. If so he has probably achieved his objective because he has got me for one to respond to his crap.

So what is Cornes saying ? That South Australians should forget the past and focus on the present, that it is only Victorians who should be able to perpetuate past contributors such as John Coleman and Chas Brownlow and it is only Collingwood who should be able to wear the guernsey they wore prior to the advent of what is supposed to be an Australian Football League?

The thing about Cornes is the hypocracy of the man. Back in 1990 he was the one standing up for the rights of South Australians and the tradition of the SANFL yet now he is telling us that Crows fans object to an icon of the SANFL being worn in the AFL? Viewed in that light Cornes' argument is really a Crow ambassador having a sook about it's AFL rival wearing a guernsey that symbolises something the AFC does have- heritage. One thing that Cornes has never been able to handle and the thing most Crow fans fail to acknowledge is Port Adelaide's heritage. This is of course because they feel inadequate as their biggest rivals have something they do not- a pre AFL history.

Up you Cornes, have a read of this...

And to think he was in the rooms after the 2004 premiership he has no shame the ******* plastic faced flog.

Mar 1, 2014
parallel universe
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
7 June 2016
“[But] I’m thinking, why can those girls wear that state jumper, but when the Crows want to wear it as a heritage guernsey to pay respect and homage to the SANFL, why was there such a furore?”
But if we want to wear the Prison Bars we're being sooks.

Last edited:

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
May 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Graham Cornes is nothing more than a paid propagandist. I doubt he even believes the s**t he writes. His "job" is to be anti-Port and anti-Victorian. Sometimes, such as in the present drama, those two positions will conflict with each other. In those situations, the anti-Port bias will be preferenced over the anti-Vic one.

You can be sure that if Glenelg had joined the AFL and Richmond had objected to their jumper, he would not be taking Richmond's side of the dispute.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back