Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably for the unpopular opinion thread, but I don't mind Bicks' footy analysis / opinion.
If I had a choice between listening to Rowey, KG & Cornesy or Bickley, it's a no brainer: Bickley wins every time.

Probably for the unpopular opinion thread, but I don't mind Bicks' footy analysis / opinion.

Agree, I feel like he's very professional in both homework and delivery in an industry full of highly paid garbage living off of their name.

Bickley is just as bad as the rest of them.
At least Rowe says what he thinks Bickley just toes the company line when it comes to the crows.
And he hates us just as much as the rest of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree to disagree his a flog.
Hes 100% a flog but he at least has some level of objectivity in his commentary on the cows.

Of all the ambassadors they have in the media hes the only one that, publicly at least, questions their list, recruitment etc

Hes 100% a flog but he at least has some level of objectivity in his commentary on the cows.

Of all the ambassadors they have in the media hes the only one that, publicly at least, questions their list, recruitment etc
It's interesting that those who have been honest about the Crows are no longer working at 5AA. Chris McDermott was in the same boat - he got the boot, but the king muppet Rowey is still there.

It's interesting that those who have been honest about the Crows are no longer working at 5AA. Chris McDermott was in the same boat - he got the boot, but the king muppet Rowey is still there.
Yea, it's funny people don't see this due to Port goggles.

'Bitter Bone' the Camry supporter base called McDermott lol very similar to Bickley really just balanced & not a camry cockrider.

Yea, it's funny people don't see this due to Port goggles.

'Bitter Bone' the Camry supporter base called McDermott lol very similar to Bickley really just balanced & not a camry cockrider.
If you don't think Bickley toes the company line then there's not much I can tell you .

Bickley has been calling out the Crows s**t recruiting for ages, I'm sorry but he's not a Crow sycophant or a Port Basher.

Fair call - my gripes with him are the elbows incident (entirely his fault) and him being in the Australian Football Hall of Fame (not his fault - probably bloody Rucci's!)

Fair call - my gripes with him are the elbows incident (entirely his fault) and him being in the Australian Football Hall of Fame (not his fault - probably bloody Rucci's!)
Yea the Elbows Bickley thing is ingrained for most even though it was more a one off brain fade in an otherwise unblemished career, certainly shouldn't be in the HoF not sure how that got up.

I don't think he's that great a commentator or analyst as I said he's a bit vanilla, he's just balanced.

Yea the Elbows Bickley thing is ingrained for most even though it was more a one off brain fade in an otherwise unblemished career, certainly shouldn't be in the HoF not sure how that got up.

I don't think he's that great a commentator or analyst as I said he's a bit vanilla, he's just balanced.
He's done the occasional Port game - I didn't think he was too bad.

He also lashed out in an International rules game and broke a young Irishman's leg post season.

And was he the guy that in Showdown #1 gave Sir Gav that ankle injury that forced him out of the game?

Those incidents aside, he's pretty bland, and has the personality of a cardboard box (apologies to every cardboard box in the universe), but he's relatively even handed in his views.

Bickley's analysis of footy matters is pretty good actually. He seems to remain relatively impartial in looking at our club needs or performance.
However its this very cold logical analytical impartial approach that can make listening to him quite dry and uninteresting. Not the best at times for radio listening, I preferred Tredder's who had the same game smarts , but brought a bit of life/emotion to his breakdown of the game etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back