Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Divided fan base? It was 1 game, and unless that level of performance is repeated on a regular basis, what happened on Friday night will amount to nothing.
Further to this, it was very clearly a game of two parts - the part where we were running all over them, and the part after Geelong made their sub to adjust to us and we blew most of an 8 goal lead.

Credit where due, we were well set up and started brilliantly. But frustrating that we again seemed not to be able to readjust once the opposition coaches box moved the magnets around. We won, so the coaches and players can take whatever credit they wish to take, but it was an awful performance for large parts of the second half and there is plenty of room for improvement.

Further to this, it was very clearly a game of two parts - the part where we were running all over them, and the part after Geelong made their sub to adjust to us and we blew most of an 8 goal lead.

Credit where due, we were well set up and started brilliantly. But frustrating that we again seemed not to be able to readjust once the opposition coaches box moved the magnets around. We won, so the coaches and players can take whatever credit they wish to take, but it was an awful performance for large parts of the second half and there is plenty of room for improvement.
And if we happen to play the Cats again in September, can we repeat the dose? I'm still not convinced.

There’s your quintessential cows supporter right there.
Happy Best Friends GIF by Laff

The response in the media along the lines of "well how do those words taste now Hinkley haters?!" has been unreal and is pretty indicative of the insane short memories of those in the footy media. One minor round game, where we blew away a top4 team for a half and then proceeded to allow them to claw their way back to within a kick is supposed to erase any concerns around what we've delivered over the last 10+ years? What about the Collingwood game, where we essentially did the same thing only to allow them to win it? They're just as bad as David Koch. We have many years of data to support the claims our supporters are making in places like the Sack Hinkley thread. Data that stands up against multiple top 4 minor round finishes. So why would one minor round game tip the scales?

I have no interest in the WNBA

But have you seen Caitlyn Clark!!!! She can shoot a basketball like every male player since 19 odd dickety six.

The response in the media along the lines of "well how do those words taste now Hinkley haters?!" has been unreal and is pretty indicative of the insane short memories of those in the footy media. One minor round game, where we blew away a top4 team for a half and then proceeded to allow them to claw their way back to within a kick is supposed to erase any concerns around what we've delivered over the last 10+ years? What about the Collingwood game, where we essentially did the same thing only to allow them to win it? They're just as bad as David Koch. We have many years of data to support the claims our supporters are making in places like the Sack Hinkley thread. Data that stands up against multiple top 4 minor round finishes. So why would one minor round game tip the scales?
It really speaks to the stupidity of the average football commentator.

Their ability to grasp that one win is not statistically significant in the context of a 22% win ratio against the top 4 is severely limited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kellie ERRORS Underwood was at it again on Sunday for the crows v Brisbane game.

According to her, Jack Riewoldt has kicked 6,000 goals

Or was she trying to be funny?? ERRORS you ain't a funny girls.

She is farken hopeless. Dopey blokes who can't handle other blokes criticising her, say we are all misogynists for attacking her. I attack her and the blokes who are bloody hopeless. They then say who is a better female caller than her and always say but they are boundary riders.

Well here you go, Jo Wotton, who usually gets the middle or late Sunday arvo game on SEN's AFL Nation and does the AFLW games for 7, leaves Underwood in her wake. She is bloody competent and doesn't makes the ERRORS Underwood does and makes her look like a rank amateur.

AS for her work on Offsiders ....... that's for another post.

Not sure if anyone else picked it up but Brian Taylor cannot tell the difference between Asava Ratagolea and Aliir Aliir. He kept mixing the two up on Friday. Underwood and Taylor on the same commentary team, I cringe at the thought.

That was expected, they say the same shit every year , whocares.
They're all silent in September

Ch 7 showed a clip of ChadBro's Press Conference today. Must've been asked about Schulz at crows training. Chad answered that "just because you're a good kick doesn't make you a good coach....not saying he isn't I'm not sure"

You'd think the fact we rush to put Cornes, Lobbe, Hartlett, Burgoyne, phillips, Sutcliffe in some sort of role in the club, we might explore seeing if our most reliable ever kick who has shown an interest in coaching this skill was in fact any good?!

Coz whoever is in the role of teaching that specific skill isn't cutting the mustard...oh its Chad in charge of goalkicking...😂.

Ch 7 showed a clip of ChadBro's Press Conference today. Must've been asked about Schulz at crows training. Chad answered that "just because you're a good kick doesn't make you a good coach....not saying he isn't I'm not sure"

You'd think the fact we rush to put Cornes, Lobbe, Hartlett, Burgoyne, phillips, Sutcliffe in some sort of role in the club, we might explore seeing if our most reliable ever kick who has shown an interest in coaching this skill was in fact any good?!

Coz whoever is in the role of teaching that specific skill isn't cutting the mustard...oh its Chad in charge of goalkicking...😂.
I mean if there was a group of people I would trust to recognise people that aren't good coaches it would be this lot. They've certainly got experience in the area.

I mean if there was a group of people I would trust to recognise people that aren't good coaches it would be this lot. They've certainly got experience in the area.
Ha. The takes on this forum are genuinely good enough to roast the club in a betoota style format.

Not sure if anyone else picked it up but Brian Taylor cannot tell the difference between Asava Ratagolea and Aliir Aliir. He kept mixing the two up on Friday. Underwood and Taylor on the same commentary team, I cringe at the thought.
Kinda reminds me of the skit the Two Ronnies did one time. It was set in a pub, and they were portrayed as identical twins........

I could never understand the breathless hooplah when Channel 9 pulled off the coup of luring Tim Lane from radio — if paint drying was a person.
Tim Lane and Robert Walls commentating a Carlton game, that was about as bad as it could get (well apart from Tony Shaw and anyone else).

He thinks that Aliir Aliir and Ratag Aliir are brothers :D:cool:

I don't know about that. When she first started she didn't make as many mistakes. She would have been very conscience of being the first female to call the game on radio and seemed to be pretty accurate. Similar when she got the TV gig. But as she has got more comfortable, she has become terrible.
Part of the issue is you learn from those around you. Commentators at the highest level are almost universally awful now, so it feels like a race to the bottom in terms of who can be the worst.

Bickley is really throwing those elbows at the moment...

"Hes been here 12 years and hasnt even made a grand final, and has embarrassed the club multiple times in the last month alone."

"Oh yeah? Well he won a h&a game against a team that rested players while almost blowing a 49 point lead so what do you say now huh???"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back