Society/Culture Media Silence over Women’s Violence Toward Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Zombie Squad

Fortius Quo Infidelius
Oct 24, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
It has been a red letter couple of years for female violence against children - or more specifically violence towards their OWN children.

See below.

So the question is, clearly we have an engrained issue with toxic femininity, that needs to be addressed.

Also when do women and mothers get their Gillette commercial? Or perhaps Libra or Tampax can address this issue?

In all seriousness though, why do we not hear more discussion of this seemingly increasing issue in the MSM?

Last edited:
  • Banned
That's a lot of mainstream media articles you've quoted for something the mainstream media is supposedly ignoring.

There are articles, yes, but why don’t we see ‘special event’ episodes of Q&A, Hack, Insight et al dedicated to discussion of this apparent ‘crisis’ - which is what it would be called if we had this amount of children and babies murdered by their fathers.

Why do we not see proper discussion of this issue?

Why does the narrative continue to be dominated by the idea that children are most at risk from their fathers?

toxic femininity
What would toxic femininity actually entail? The traits that would compel you to murder someone are pretty much entirely associated with masculinity, so this makes no sense.

Honestly, this is one of the more bizarre complaints I've ever seen. Do mothers abuse children? Of course they do. I don't think I've ever seen it covered as a gender issue, though, or linked to toxic masculinity. You're foolish if you think the media would choose to ignore a child being murdered because the murderer was a woman though.

• Banned
What would toxic femininity actually entail? The traits that would compel you to murder someone are pretty much entirely associated with masculinity, so this makes no sense.

Honestly, this is one of the more bizarre complaints I've ever seen. Do mothers abuse children? Of course they do. I don't think I've ever seen it covered as a gender issue, though, or linked to toxic masculinity. You're foolish if you think the media would choose to ignore a child being murdered because the murderer was a woman though.

Why can’t we take gender out of it, and acknowledge that all people are capable of violence, irrespective of gender.

Why can’t we take gender out of it, and acknowledge that all people are capable of violence, irrespective of gender.
You literally made a thread about "toxic femininity" leading to the abuse and murder of children. You created the link between gender and aggression.

I only pointed out that the traits associated with femininity don't really align with what you are suggesting. In fact, it would actually indicate that the female abusers had adopted masculine traits.

Maybe you could go into more specific detail on how gender isn't involved in DV... considering it's your thread?

It is gendered - but both genders, for their own reasons, as a result of their own factors.

It’s not simply just men like your sick side of politics wants us to believe.

Masculine traits?

Since when has child infanticide been seen as a ‘masculine trait’?
Traits of masculinity include assertiveness and dominance. Traits of femininity include being nurturing and affectionate.

You tell me which is more conducive to aggression and violence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traits of masculinity include assertiveness and dominance. Traits of femininity include being nurturing and affectionate.

You tell me which is more conducive to aggression and violence.

So your entire argument is based upon gender behaviour stereotypes.

Fair enough.

Im convinced.

After Monday nights Q&A panel, I would of thought the notion of women as ‘non violent’ flower petals was well in truly in the toilet.

It is gendered - but both genders, for their own reasons, as a result of their own factors.

It’s not simply just men like your sick side of politics wants us to believe.
You made it specifically about gender... and are trying to blame others for making it about gender...

Last edited by a moderator:
So your entire argument is based upon gender behaviour stereotypes.

Fair enough.

Im convinced.
They are not stereotypes. They are proven traits, substantiated by a wealth of research. The question is how much of them we are born with, as compared to how much we learn.

But I thought gender was a social construct?
It is. If you bothered to do even a smidgen of research, you would find out that sociologists believe that although masculinity and femininity are socially constructed, biology (sex NOT gender) also plays a role. How much of a role is unproven at this stage.

Last edited:
There are articles, yes, but why don’t we see ‘special event’ episodes of Q&A, Hack, Insight et al dedicated to discussion of this apparent ‘crisis’ - which is what it would be called if we had this amount of children and babies murdered by their fathers.

Why do we not see proper discussion of this issue?

Why does the narrative continue to be dominated by the idea that children are most at risk from their fathers?
When women murder its due to mental health issues. We should feel sorry for them. They are really good people deep down who have had an unfair life.

When men murder they are monsters. Monsters!

Australias biggest murderer in the past twenty years is a women who murdered her 7 children with a knife. A fri** knife. No one even knows her name the media brushed it away so quickly.

Last edited:
When women murder its due to mental health issues. We should feel sorry for them. They are really good people deep down who have had an unfair life.

When men murder they are monsters. Monsters!

Australias biggest murderer in the past twenty years is a women who murderec her 7 children with a knife. A fri** knife. No one even knows her name.

Thank you for doing your bit to get this thread back on track 👍🏻

And I haven’t forgotten her.

Last edited:
Australias biggest murderer in the past twenty years is a women who murdered her 7 children with a knife. A fri** knife. No one even knows her name the media brushed it away so quickly.
Raina Thaiday's name is well known but her case is under reported due to the mental health ruling surrounding it (which I agree seemed debatable, but that is from an extremely outside position).

Comparative murderers Robert Farquharson and Kathleen Folbigg received similar media coverage. The word Folbigg appears in the SMH search facitliy 153 times for murders committed 15 years prior to the archive starting. The word Farquharson appears 369 times, with the archive spanning the entirety of the time of his murders and - obviously - since. Obviously not the most scientific method.

Raina Thaiday's name is well known but her case is under reported due to the mental health ruling surrounding it (which I agree seemed debatable, but that is from an extremely outside position).

Comparative murderers Robert Farquharson and Kathleen Folbigg received similar media coverage. The word Folbigg appears in the SMH search facitliy 153 times for murders committed 15 years prior to the archive starting. The word Farquharson appears 369 times, with the archive spanning the entirety of the time of his murders and - obviously - since. Obviously not the most scientific method.

What about Darcy Freeman’s father?

Why do these women escape the sort of punishment and notoriety he recieved?

Do we really believe he was in ‘sane mind’ when he dropped his child off the Westgate bridge?

Or does mental health only become a factor when it’s females doing the killing, and we need to find a way to reassure ourselves that women are indeed ‘the fairer sex’?

Her name is not well known. I couldnt even remember it. I just remember the act that was front page news for barely 2 days. Her act was utterly horrific. It should of been front page news for weeks. Instead she was treated by the media as a victim along with her children and the story very quickly disappeared from the news.

Her name is not well known. I couldnt even remember it. I just remember the act that was front page news for barely 2 days. Her act was utterly horrific. It should of been front page news for weeks. Instead she was treated by the media as a victim along with her children and the story very quickly disappeared from the news.

And in addition to her 7 kids, she also murdered a niece.

So 8 kids dead.

If a man did that he sure as s**t wouldn’t get off with the mental health card.

And in addition to her 7 kids, she also murdered a niece.

So 8 kids dead.

If a man did that he sure as s**t wouldn’t get off with the mental health card.
And with a knife. Not just a gun that wipes them all out in 30 seconds of craziness.
She went around slashing screaming kids and chasing them down as they ran away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back