Society/Culture Media Silence over Women’s Violence Toward Children

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think I saw any mention to Munchausen by Proxy while reading this thread just now.

Women are the only reported perpetrators of Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSP), in which a parent knowingly creates or exaggerates physical symptoms in a child.

I have seen this with my own eyes: women making their own children sick, or convincing them they are sick, in order to take them to doctor after doctor, to get diagnoses and special attention. I played sport with one guy whose mum convinced everybody her son was autistic but those of us who knew him knew it was complete bullshit. The father in these situations is usually powerless (or too scared) to do anything about it, and that is if he is even still in the picture, which he usually isn't.

Look into the stats on this for yourself. It is women who do it. Not men. Yet most people know nothing (or almost nothing) about it. Why is that?

I don't think I saw any mention to Munchausen by Proxy while reading this thread just now.

Women are the only reported perpetrators of Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSP), in which a parent knowingly creates or exaggerates physical symptoms in a child.

I have seen this with my own eyes: women making their own children sick, or convincing them they are sick, in order to take them to doctor after doctor, to get diagnoses and special attention. I played sport with one guy whose mum convinced everybody her son was autistic but those of us who knew him knew it was complete bullshit. The father in these situations is usually powerless (or too scared) to do anything about it, and that is if he is even still in the picture, which he usually isn't.

Look into the stats on this for yourself. It is women who do it. Not men. Yet most people know nothing (or almost nothing) about it. Why is that?

I've seen it in a couple of mate's wives.

One of them, the kid was the nicest, brightest 6 year old you could imagine. But his Mum was constantly taking him to the doctor and fussing over him for all sorts of imaginary conditions. Before my eyes I saw him turn into a very anxious little boy. Fast forward to when he was 16, he was regularly getting smashed on drugs and alcohol. Then a couple of year later this white Catholic kid took up radical Islam!

Philip Larkin got it wrong. It's not your Mum and Dad who * you up, it's mainly your Mum.

Aahhhh ... this thread has turned from covert to overt misogyny it seems. That's my line. See ya.

I don't see it as any different to roping in men as somehow being responsible for domestic violence incidents that has absolutely nothing to do with the vast majority of the male population and expecting decent law abiding men who'd never raise a hand against a woman to do something about it. :think:

If stating facts about criminal female behaviour is 'misogyny' (females are human just like males and therefore most definitely not above committing crimes) then what feminists have been asserting about masculinity for decades, that pretty much anything that doesn't resemble stereotypical feminine qualities is wrong and needs fixing, can be labeled as misandry.

*shrugs*

I don't see it as any different to roping in men as somehow being responsible for domestic violence incidents that has absolutely nothing to do with the vast majority of the male population and expecting decent law abiding men who'd never raise a hand against a woman to do something about it. :think:

If stating facts about criminal female behaviour is 'misogyny' (females are human just like males and therefore most definitely not above committing crimes) then what feminists have been asserting about masculinity for decades, that pretty much anything that doesn't resemble stereotypical feminine qualities is wrong and needs fixing, can be labeled as misandry.

*shrugs*
Checkmate.

This is the case of Munchausen by Proxy for my kids. My ex seeked diagnoses of Autism, bipolar, BPD, depression, anxiety for herself over the years.

Our first born is 11 and signs early on were obvious that he displayed many behaviours considered traits of what was once considered aspergers, but now just on the spectrum of autism - which I don't disagree to, he fits in the standard 'little professor' sub-category. But our daughter who is the complete opposite in personality, who doesn't display associated traits of autism, is socially active, physically active and just generally your average kid - has also been diagnosed with autism this year at 6 years old.

The reason - as a means to an end, to seek more personalised attention from EA's at school because she's almost behind the rest of the kids in class. Teachers pack on the hysteria when a year 1 can't read and write, my ex inquired about some more hands-on assistance and was told that only the autistic diagnosed kids received this - ergo, that was the most obvious course of action for her, rightly or wrongly. Despite child psychologists suggesting it's very much likely to be linked to ADHD in a passive capacity.

Now that they're both diagnosed they constantly have excuses made for them why they can't or won't do things at home that kids their age do, that has absolutely nothing to do with autism. Things that are simply attributed to standard parenting in the eyes of most. Raising things for an open discussion channel has historically been too difficult for fear of fierce backlash (which happens regularly), everything is fiercely defended and excused no matter how subtle they're raised and the kids I fear long term won't have the physical, emotional and social tools to thrive in their adolescent and adult lives.

I often find myself in a tough spot with my now long-term partner telling me to raise certain issues with their mother, things that I know she's right about and make sense, and should to be raised - that I just can't do because I know exactly how they'll play out, which isn't fair to her, my kids, or me. But that's the life we live now.

PS. Sorry for the long-winded story, I'd never seen the thread before and thought to add some food for thought into the discussion, nothing more.

Traits of masculinity include assertiveness and dominance. Traits of femininity include being nurturing and affectionate.

You tell me which is more conducive to aggression and violence.

True masculinity or patriarchy is not about dominance. Assertiveness yes as a means to order because patriarchy is not toxic masculinity - it is part of a hierarchy.

Toxic masculinity is not even masculine, it's cowardly and should be labeled as such "toxic cowardliness"

Neither patriarchy or matriarchy in their true forms could ever be attributed to DV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Darcy Freeman’s father?

Why do these women escape the sort of punishment and notoriety he recieved?

Do we really believe he was in ‘sane mind’ when he dropped his child off the Westgate bridge?

Or does mental health only become a factor when it’s females doing the killing, and we need to find a way to reassure ourselves that women are indeed ‘the fairer sex’?
He received 32 years I believe. I’d not call that a harsh sentence to be frank.

When intimate partner violence is Uni-directional (meaning the violence is non-reciprocal and it's just one party being violent to the other party), the perpetrator is actually more likely to be female and the victim male. Yet I doubt one person in this thread would believe it. That's the effect of feminist brainwashing at play, and decades of the media and government framing domestic violence as a gendered issue in which men are the perpetrators and women are the victims.

I am assuming you can read and do basic arithmetic?

I am assuming you can read and do basic arithmetic?
Would you say only 5.9% of men have been assaulted by their partner since they were 15? As stated in the article.
You got to love stats. I'm sure we have all been assaulted by a partner and I'm guessing none of us have reported it.

Not sure what kind of relationships you’ve been in.....

NSW Govt says that up to 1 in 3 men. Thing is, pride stops many from admitting it.

But DV in gay relationships is also quite high.

3 or 4 years ago this website would not have existed, because politicians were too afraid to speak up on anything other than domestic violence against women.

Just like politicians are too afraid to speak up on prostate and testicular cancer and instead have all the focus on breast and cervical cancer.

Because only a sexist pig would highlight male issues. We get it far too easy and deserve to suffer.

I genuinely can't tell what side of the fence you're supposed to be sitting on - sarcastically jibing at both sides. And now taking pot shots at people DV assault victims?
Domestic violence statistics will show you an overwhelming majority of male perpetrators. I’d be careful of feeling sorry for men given they are not statistically the victims. I’d also be not suggesting females who commit such offences be given a mental illness tag or a slap on the wrist. There seems to be the cases of women assaulting kids etc more so than partners. Neither is acceptable.

Now I am not a small man, over 6ft and around 100kg from lots of gym time etc, if my mrs slapped me id not be too stressed. Not thrilled, but not terribly upset. However if I slapped her I’d be pretty sure I’d be out on the kerb. I’d remind her that if the shoe was on the other foot....then lock in some bank credit

Where was I taking shots at victims? The racist on the train? He looked in a bad way, he actually might have died. The bloke that cracked him is a moron. Worth wrecking your life for a racist flog? No.

Would you say only 5.9% of men have been assaulted by their partner since they were 15? As stated in the article.
You got to love stats. I'm sure we have all been assaulted by a partner and I'm guessing none of us have reported it.
Depends on what’s happening I reckon. If you’re a bloke and you whack your mrs, intimidate and stand over her then you’re a coward. If your mrs slaps you it’s not acceptable, but you could clearly remind her that if she was slapped it might be different. I wouldn’t go running to DHS saying I’ve been assaulted if she slapped my face in a one off display of anger. If she did it all the time I’d be calling her out.

The balance of power is just clearly skewed. You’ve got to be blind to think otherwise. A man who slaps his physically inferior mrs is a weak dog, you’re going to intimidate her and muck her up psychologically. A once off slap from your smaller mrs across your face isn’t really ringing bells for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back