Ghossein

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Team Arrogance

Clarkson jettisoned assistants including caretaker coach Brett Ratten after the club claimed a second-successive wooden spoon and has snared former Fremantle and Gold Coast midfielder Barlow fresh off taking VFL side Werribee to the grand final on the back of a 17-game winning streak.

huhh??

bzparkes

Cocker spaniel Wielder
May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

Can’t say I’m a massive fan of Daniels’ habit of waffling at the start of articles and attempted humour with vague/corny analogies but he raises some reasonable points later in the article.

One thing it has brought out in the comments though is all the Vic nuffies saying “interstate sides get 11 true home games though!” and “you decided to join the VFL”.

The travel issue isn’t about the partisanship or otherwise of the crowd; it’s the time spent traversing the country every second week and impacts on recovery/performance as Rhino tried to allude to (somewhat poorly) in the first part of the article. And most of the VFL clubs would have been insolvent if not for the capital injection in 1987 from Brisbane and West Coast being introduced into the competition.

******* nuffies.

Can’t say I’m a massive fan of Daniels’ habit of waffling at the start of articles and attempted humour with vague/corny analogies but he raises some reasonable points later in the article.

One thing it has brought out in the comments though is all the Vic nuffies saying “interstate sides get 11 true home games though!” and “you decided to join the VFL”.

The travel issue isn’t about the partisanship or otherwise of the crowd; it’s the time spent traversing the country every second week and impacts on recovery/performance as Rhino tried to allude to (somewhat poorly) in the first part of the article. And most of the VFL clubs would have been insolvent if not for the capital injection in 1987 from Brisbane and West Coast being introduced into the competition.

******* nuffies.

The best reply is to ask a Victorian club supporter whether they would like an interstate schedule ie their side to play a Melbourne rival twice a year, host interstate sides for another 10 games, and travel 10 times on alternate weeks.

Silence when you bring it up.

navi_

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

******* nuffies.

The fact the Vics think the alleged umpire bias in h/a games somehow balances week to week travel just shows how much of a bubble it is over their.

The fact the Vics think the alleged umpire bias in h/a games somehow balances week to week travel just shows how much of a bubble it is over their.
What the bias heavily in favour of vic teams every time they play a non vic one?

They are all ******* cooked in the head.

Aug 10, 2006
Shandong Gold Stadium
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Black Ducks

amazingjoshy

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Rhino on the latest Hard Ball Gets pod pretty much dismissed McClures rant. They played it and he said its not at all what hes hearing, and if we keep pick 1 we will definitely take Reid.

He did also say we were probably only 50/50 to keep it though....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bzparkes

Cocker spaniel Wielder
May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
The question I have to ask is - Is quantity better than quality though - so do hope the Pieman makes the best decision at the end of the day and I’m in the “take Reid” camp.
The draft is always a crapshoot. Unless there's not much difference between a group of players and you can trade back because a club is desperate for a particular one, I'd take quality over quantity every time.

Unless you're gifted a suite of picks from the AFL and can trade up, of course.

wirra44

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Force,WAWarriors,SA Spurs
The question I have to ask is - Is quantity better than quality though - so do hope the Pieman makes the best decision at the end of the day and I’m in the “take Reid” camp.

He split it last year and it worked out pretty well so I can see him do it again, I’m in the take Reid camp unless it’s 2 and 3, which obviously north won’t do.

ZergMinion

Premium Platinum
Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
He's a snivelling little worm.

Where's that footage of him looking like a fool over how contracts work on FC this year? The man is an idiot.
Who are you and what have you done with CC? The real one would be expressing his undying love for idiots in the media.

Who are you and what have you done with CC? The real one would be expressing his undying love for idiots in the media.

Everyone has a limit on who they’re willing to defend. Even Cc

the harry

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Rhino on the latest Hard Ball Gets pod pretty much dismissed McClures rant. They played it and he said its not at all what hes hearing, and if we keep pick 1 we will definitely take Reid.

He did also say we were probably only 50/50 to keep it though....

Well there are only two options, it's either a yes or a no, so that's 50/50

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
He split it last year and it worked out pretty well so I can see him do it again, I’m in the take Reid camp unless it’s 2 and 3, which obviously north won’t do.
I think the difference last year though was there wasn’t much between the top 10 as this year imo I think there’s Reid - then daylight - then the next 5-6 are on an even par - and then after that daylight again. From my understanding anyway.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
I think the difference last year though was there wasn’t much between the top 10 as this year imo I think there’s Reid - then daylight - then the next 5-6 are on an even par - and then after that daylight again. From my understanding anyway.

Agreed. Look no further than the way clubs were dumping 2nd rounders today.

A lot more uncertainty in this draft after pick 10 compared to previous seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back