News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chick did an amazing run-down on the wing shortly after that goal which was just as vital, racked up the 1%ers

Knocked himself out forcing Richards (I think?) out of bounds on that rundown too.

I live for the day that Kane Cornes realises he’s a ******* idiot
What did he say that isn't accurate? Seemed pretty fair to us and think his point re: Daisy is spot on.

Love you Kane-O. Keep fighting the good fight.

What did he say that isn't accurate? Seemed pretty fair to us and think his point re: Daisy is spot on.

Didn’t listen to it

Going to do my best not to give him clicks

Some of the things he said I can agree with, re: Nisbett saying it's all good when it clearly wasn't.

Don't think the club's a 'mess' whatsoever though. That's generally reserved for clubs whose coach can't win finals after 11 years in charge, or others whose star player goes off the rail, after signing a 7-million dollar deal, also goes out straight sets for the 2nd year in a row and looks in all sorts, would be a 'mess'.

Yes, there's been a lot of changes at WCE in the past 6 months, but the club doesn't look at all to be in trouble and the exits have all been handled with much dignity and respect. Despite the past 2 seasons, WCE appear the exact opposite of the 'mess' a club should be in when in such a situation.

Turning over a the amount of players we did this season is pretty normal and he referenced 'changing' the captain. He retired FFS and is ow our stoppage coach.

There's so many legitimate points he could've raised but his knowledge is surface-level at best.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's just shows we've had hardly any top end talent coming in the last nearly decade.

These last 2 drafts and next 2 will be our next flag tilt.

Be a lot of bumping of news articles when we lift that next cup

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

New year, same ol sh!t :$

I started reading that. Got 4 paragraphs in and gave up after reading the 4th when they set out the “rules”

Let's set out the rules for this complicated hypothetical. Firstly, teams would not know where a compensation pick (CP) falls until after the lottery and, while Father/Son, Academy and NGA bids are still eligible, club bids will be ignored from recent drafts because bids are not relative to win-loss records.

The draft is already compromised. Adding a lottery into the mix is stupid

I started reading that. Got 4 paragraphs in and gave up after reading the 4th when they set out the “rules”

The draft is already compromised. Adding a lottery into the mix is stupid

I personally don't mind a lottery. However you would need to leave priority picks in place but get rid of all the other s**t for it to work.

Say for example the club this year after being beyond horendous for 2 years ended up with Pick 6 you would need the AFL to step in and award a priority pick in that situation.

(no im not saying i would prefer 6&7 instead of pick 1, i'm just saying I wouldn't actually mind a lottery system)

I personally don't mind a lottery. However you would need to leave priority picks in place but get rid of all the other s**t for it to work.

Say for example the club this year after being beyond horendous for 2 years ended up with Pick 6 you would need the AFL to step in and award a priority pick in that situation.

(no im not saying i would prefer 6&7 instead of pick 1, i'm just saying I wouldn't actually mind a lottery system)

I’m not full bottle on the NBA so stand to be corrected but I think the below is true
• There are 30 NBA teams
• The regular season is 82 games
• Future draft picks are traded far more regularly including during the season and can be traded several years in advance

There’s also the subjective view that in a game where there’s only 5 on court at a time, an individual player can have far more influence on performance than most, arguably all, other team sports.

We have only 18 teams playing a 23 game season and future trading of picks is limited to one season and is subject to restrictions. It’s very rare for a single player to transform a team of 18, no matter how good

The two sports are not comparable

A lottery for the AFL is ridiculous. Nor do I like the idea of the AFL handing out priority picks post lottery because I don’t trust them to do it fair or transparently

I’m not full bottle on the NBA so stand to be corrected but I think the below is true
• There are 30 NBA teams
• Future draft picks are traded far more regularly including during the season and can be traded several years in advance

There’s also the subjective view that in a game where there’s only 5 on court at a time, an individual player can have far more influence on performance than most, arguably all, other team sports.

We have only 18 teams playing a 23 game season and future trading of picks is limited to one season and is subject to restrictions. It’s very rare for a single player to transform a team of 18, no matter how good

A lottery for the AFL is ridiculous. Nor do I like the idea of the AFL handing out priority picks post lottery because I don’t trust them to do it fair or transparently
Therein lies the problem. The AFL and their "equalisation program " can be manipulated no end, as we saw last year with the handing out of PP,s to NM.
I am truly hoping NM stuff it up and the AFL end up with egg on their faces.
I have long held the view that the powers that be don't like us because they do not hold our license.

• There are 30 NBA teams

Imagine finishing last whilst being historically s**t this season and then ending up with pick 6 and pick 30 in the draft...f**k that

Tanking was (and still is, to a degree) a major problem in the NBA and it's the major reason for the lottery.

We dont have much of a tanking problem here, so a draft lottery would only be so the VFL can add another clown to the circus...
Which is why it will probably happen, another off-season event for the media to foam at the mouth over

Imagine finishing last whilst being historically s**t this season and then ending up with pick 6 and pick 30 in the draft...f**k that
Imagine finishing last whilst being historically s**t this season and then ending up with pick 1 and pick 30 in the draft… oh, wait.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back