News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be unacceptable for the wooden spooner to slide that far down.
Worse case scenario should be if the #1 pick was raffled between the bottom 3 sides. Bottom 5 would be too far.

In the NBA the team with the worst record (ie the worst of 30 teams) can’t end up with a pick lower than 4.

They’re proposing the worst of 18 AFL teams ends up all the way back at pick 6. Pure insanity.

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 12.13.50 am.png

West Coast Eagles have to wait until late April to lock away No.1 draftee Harley Reid​

Mitchell WoodcockThe West Australian
Sun, 7 January 2024 6:00PM

West Coast will have to wait until well into the season to lock away prized draftee Harley Reid long-term because of the same collective bargaining agreement that has him signed until 2026.

A little-known rule under the new CBA prevents AFL clubs from extending the contracts of players picked inside the top 20 until the end of round six, in late April.

It means No.1 draftee Reid will have at least six games to showcase his incredible talent and potentially drive his price up at the Eagles before they can secure his services well into the future...

View attachment 1883247

West Coast Eagles have to wait until late April to lock away No.1 draftee Harley Reid​

Mitchell WoodcockThe West Australian
Sun, 7 January 2024 6:00PM

West Coast will have to wait until well into the season to lock away prized draftee Harley Reid long-term because of the same collective bargaining agreement that has him signed until 2026.

A little-known rule under the new CBA prevents AFL clubs from extending the contracts of players picked inside the top 20 until the end of round six, in late April.

It means No.1 draftee Reid will have at least six games to showcase his incredible talent and potentially drive his price up at the Eagles before they can secure his services well into the future...

New Year same old stiff dick writing absolute meaningless articles, I’d be shocked if he signed this year, let alone in April😂 he’s got 3 years already.

Wtf stop. ******* the west. It will creep reid out if we are too eager. There is no need to do anything surrounding his contract.

North offered JHF a contract prior to round 1 and he got creeped out and told norf to gtfo. I'd start contract discussions at the end of his first year given a three year contract. Perhaps even later

Look forward to the articles in May saying the Eagles are resigned to losing Harley Reid after he fails to extend his contract.

Wce need to get on the front foot if that rumour festers on TV. We saw footyclassfied spread rumour JHF did not sign a contract in his first year. Wce should get on the front foot if that talk festers better yet not offer a contract until we feel he would sign 100 percent

Wtf stop. It will creep reid out if we are too eager. There is no need to do anything surrounding his contract.

North offered JHF a contract prior to round 1 and he got creeped you it and told norf to gtfo. I'd start contract discussions at the end of his first year given a three year contract
"We'd like to give you more money"
"Ew wtf, no that's so creepy"

Wtf stop. ******* the west. It will creep reid out if we are too eager. There is no need to do anything surrounding his contract.

North offered JHF a contract prior to round 1 and he got creeped out and told norf to gtfo. I'd start contract discussions at the end of his first year given a three year contract. Perhaps even later

Wce need to get on the front foot if that rumour festers on TV. We saw footyclassfied spread rumour JHF did not sign a contract in his first year. Wce should get on the front foot if that talk festers better yet not offer a contract until we feel he would sign 100 percent
Pretty sure there were a lot more reasons JHF didn't sign a contract with North after being drafted...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast will do what West Coast does and deal with it behind closed doors. They're not going to care what the media has to say. I think we've seen enough evidence of that of late.

Great, two below average media pundits going at it

ce02e196c593b7a477bb5eda81340d88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Great, two below average media pundits going at it

ce02e196c593b7a477bb5eda81340d88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Made 4 grand finals and won 2 of them in that 20 year period too just quietly Kornes
Not that you expect someone with the memory of a goldfish to remember that like he does. All about the clickbait now to generate reactions

Last edited:

Couple of mentions of West Coast in article, but main comment below for those uninterested in the full article

West Coast's shake up​

With the Eagles in rebuild mode, it'll be fascinating to see how many - if any - of their established players they'll be happy to part with (for the right price) at the end of 2024. The likes of Liam Ryan, Andrew Gaff, Elliot Yeo, Liam Duggan and Jack Darling would all add value at other clubs, so the Eagles might be willing to trade them if they get some draft capital in return. The Eagles are also expected to chase WA ruckman Tim English, while Richmond's Liam Baker could also be on their radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back