News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck interviewing Dustin Martin.
giphy.gif

This will force the eagles (and others) to open up

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So Harley, how does it feel to be playing back in Melb? You must be missing your favourite choc milk? How are contract talks? How do feel if the draft had turned out differently and were playing back on the MCG, must be a great feeling to imagine...

So Harley, how does it feel to be playing back in Melb? You must be missing your favourite choc milk? How are contract talks? How do feel if the draft had turned out differently and were playing back on the MCG, must be a great feeling to imagine...

Every week.

Slow and steady through the off-season thanks mate! I’ve been full time on it since March 2023 - there is financial strain but hopefully there are easier days ahead haha.
I've watched a few of your vids. Good stuff mate.

However, get rid of the actor pretending to be you. Real footy nerds aren't that good looking.

I've watched a few of your vids. Good stuff mate.

However, get rid of the actor pretending to be you. Real footy nerds aren't that good looking.

Hahah thanks mate, I appreciate you checking them out. Yeah the current process has been to give Josh Carmichael some cash to act in my vids, might mix it up soon though

Sounds about right, coming from the richest club in the league.
The site worked fine when I checked it the night that tweet came out. I don’t think there was anything wrong with the site, and they were just making a dig about our injuries and club shambles

Every week.
I imagine the club will cop the fines if the media pull this stunt

This will force the eagles (and others) to open up

LOL no it wont. All it will do is provide an extra half hour of cliches and dribble from blokes that are good at footy and rarely good at public speaking for ch7 and Fox to pad out their broadcasts.
If you expect it will provide any further insight than what is already provided in post game conferences I think you will be disappointed.

LOL no it wont. All it will do is provide an extra half hour of cliches and dribble from blokes that are good at footy and rarely good at public speaking for ch7 and Fox to pad out their broadcasts.
If you expect it will provide any further insight than what is already provided in post game conferences I think you will be disappointed.

Agree with this to begin with. Ideally in time players are able to speak a bit more freely so it'll actually be worth listening to.

This would have been better at training sessions/non game day times I think. Less infringing on the players time as a team or with family and they'd be more likely to say something interesting about an upcoming match than one they've just played.

I didn't even know about this digital membership thing. Handy info
How do you access the digital membership? I looked on the Eagles site and they say they email the code when your membership is paid but I have received nowt.

How do you access the digital membership? I looked on the Eagles site and they say they email the code when your membership is paid but I have received nowt.

You have to pay extra for the digital membership (not included with a normal membership)

I bought the Giants one for $231 and got my code in a couple of hours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vehemently oppose this.

What about the Turley types that shun the media.

What about protecting young players that aren't quite media ready.

It's the Harley Reid show this year then.
Hopefully the players are getting good advice from their manager/the club and they understand that this gives them an opportunity to build their brand. It will give lesser profile players a chance to show something in front of the camera and then who knows?

You look at guys like Will Schofield, he was nevr a high profile player but is probably the best personality in the AFL media right now. He had to do it the hard way, build his own profile post-AFL. But more media access to players will give the next Schoey a platform.

Don't worry about protecting young players, these are post game interviews. "you must be happy/disappointed" and "that was a good win?" is about the extent of the questions.

I suspect we are/they are taking it week by week. Respect the position will bring their best -even this getting 100 point beltings

1018bc70768764e06da6057f4d2e64fd.jpg

Thanks guys, good to see they've got amongst it finally. Unsure why it's $44 more expensive than GWS but it's a start.

Would be nice if one of the richest bloke's in the land would fix the shitty Kayo and Fox apps so it was a more worthwhile product

Why would you make an effort when you've got a monopoly?

Hopefully the players are getting good advice from their manager/the club and they understand that this gives them an opportunity to build their brand. It will give lesser profile players a chance to show something in front of the camera and then who knows?

You look at guys like Will Schofield, he was nevr a high profile player but is probably the best personality in the AFL media right now. He had to do it the hard way, build his own profile post-AFL. But more media access to players will give the next Schoey a platform.

Don't worry about protecting young players, these are post game interviews. "you must be happy/disappointed" and "that was a good win?" is about the extent of the questions.
Ugh, there's very little that makes me cringe more than footballers talking about 'being allowed to show more of their personality'. We pay to watch them play football, not attempt to be comedians or deep thinkers. Tell me about the game, offer some insight and bugger off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back