Media Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Slax
I was trying to think of the bloke who used to do it for years but wasn't sure I think it was Stuart Littlemore. He was a QC who died of cancer.

The government probably wants to get rid of it, but hopefully the ABC keep because it wouldn't cost a lot to run and it does serve a great purpose.

Stuart Littlemore is alive and well and continues to make millions at the bar in Sydney - I saw him there last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as they don't trip themselves up with all kinds of pseudo hurt and land themselves in problems with the horrible and general tide of
media who also like to see themselves as above the board... you know.. I am all for diametric but these things wind themselves into a
palaver because they see themselves as holler than thou..

we don't want that kind of hypocrisy...

The ABC could face extinction like it's British companion.

View attachment 819068

Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF)
Background
The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) is a UK-based think tank founded by climate change denialist Nigel Lawson with the purpose of combating what the foundation describes as “extremely damaging and harmful policies” designed to mitigate climate change. The group was established on November 22, 2009, just three days after the first set of “Climategate” emails were released on the University of Tomsk's server. [1], [2]

Nigel Lawson described the GWPF as an “all-party and non-party think-tank and a registered educational charity which, while open-minded on the contested science of global warming, is deeply concerned about the costs and other implications of many of the policies currently being advocated.” Although Lawson claims to be “open minded” on global warming, the GWPF website has a banner depicting a short-term temperature graph that suggests the world is not warming. [3]

In an interview with The Register, Nigel Lawson said that the Global Warming Policy Foundation “will certainly be actively involved in monitoring what is being said, in correcting errors where there are errors. The only thing we will not be actively engaged in is what are the causes of the temperature changes on the planet: how much is CO2, how much is solar radiation, how much is cosmic rays. We won't be getting into all that.” The article also notes that the average age of the Trustees at the time of the group's formation was 74. [4]

Bob Ward, the policy and communications director at the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at the London School of Economics said that “Some of those names [on the GWPF's Academic Advisory Council] are straight from the Who's Who of current climate change sceptics … To me, this is pretty much indistinguishable from the websites that are run by rightwing, free-market think tanks in the US. It's just going to be a way of pumping material into the debate that hasn't been through scrutiny,” reports The Guardian. [5]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back