Roast Medical staff

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Hogan get back too early?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remember that old song?

The shoulders connected to the hamstring.

Remember that old song?

The shoulders connected to the hamstring.
In regards to the shoulder though, not that it went off. But we thought he'd comeback the collingwood game, not the week earlier and it was a big surprise to see him named against Brisbane

Hogans probably not the medical staff, but he should have come back through the VFL.
Why? He was bog in his comeback game

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Also i think Gawn was on time, not sure how you give him form though

I believe there is a second level competition around that players can build confidence and form in.. ah well itll come to me one day

I believe there is a second level competition around that players can build confidence and form in.. ah well itll come to me one day
That what i thought at the time, but in review he had like 10 weeks to regain from in the AFL and played like 1 good game. I guess he could have dominated at VFL level, but i don't think it would have translated when he came back in.

But yeah i agree completely with VFL first and always have, but this max one i don't know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re medical team. I would most if not all on here are far from qualified and too far removed from the actual cases in point to have any credibility when it comes assumptions and comments so I wont enter into that debate. As far as coming back through the AFL, I agree the players at times may come back the the AFL better off after a stint in VFL to gain form. I can only assume that the alternative player replacement from VFL stepping up wasn't a better option - ergo, might as well gain form in AFL. Hindsight, particularly in Gawns case, was that assumption may have been incorrect.

Nup, would of been much harder to beat Port without Viney, his first qtr helped set up the win. Might have finished the season sooner that it actually did. Maybe could of given Gawn a breather with the success of TMac and Pedo but it wouldn't replace a Max coming off a full pre season. Players play through injuries and soreness all the time.

Missing Lewis and Hogan against Freo may well have been the difference, uncontrollable and early in the season but we should have been beaten that day.
They would have helped.

But, as I recall, it was a really dumb decision in the D50 with just a couple of minutes to go that cost us in the end.

True, Lewis might have been able to rally the troops in the third when it was all one way traffic

I could probably think of 50 moments this year like that, any one of which would have been enough to either give us the % or the win to get us into finals.

I knew Viney was going to stuff his foot up - just knew it. Medical staff should have just told Viney "talk to the hand" when he started saying he was right to play. Viney's heroics about coming back early were decisive in what happened. Add to that a clearly not ready Gawn and you have a big part of the problem. I don't know how to apportion the blame between players, coaches and medicos, but I'd have to say we didn't handle those two guys well at all.

I knew Viney was going to stuff his foot up - just knew it. Medical staff should have just told Viney "talk to the hand" when he started saying he was right to play. Viney's heroics about coming back early were decisive in what happened. Add to that a clearly not ready Gawn and you have a big part of the problem. I don't know how to apportion the blame between players, coaches and medicos, but I'd have to say we didn't handle those two guys well at all.

I don't think we handled Watts well either - hamstring tightness after two games in 6 days and we try and get him up for the Eagles game which is another 6 day break and the result has him out for another month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back