ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
I've been really patchy and inconsistent, 5-10 minutes maybe every other day using a free app called Insight Timer.

Would like to be more consistent and at least 10 minutes a day, but scheduling time in never works for me as my calendar is always changing.
Try waking up 10 minutes earlier than you need to of a morning and doing it then. Alternately make it the last thing you do before getting into bed of an evening.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Purchased a zafu cushion and have found it to be exceptional for meditation. It helps to prevent your legs from going numb during longer meditation sessions and correct your posture. Best $40 purchase I've made this year, highly recommended.

1598746211426.png

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Purchased a zafu cushion and have found it to be exceptional for meditation. It helps to prevent your legs from going numb during longer meditation sessions and correct your posture. Best $40 purchase I've made this year, highly recommended.

View attachment 948665
funny, I literally purchased a cushion 3 days ago to improve my practice and it's helped heaps. Mine is a Zafu fold out one.

I recently signed up to the Waking Up app by Sam Harris. If you request a free membership for 12 months they grant it no questions asked, is really good.

Definitely goes a bit deeper than Calm and Headspace, whom seem to focus a bit more on 'relaxing' than actual practice. I recommend it if anyone is looking to get started. I'm probably not far off needing any guidance anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I recently signed up to the Waking Up app by Sam Harris. If you request a free membership for 12 months they grant it no questions asked, is really good.

Definitely goes a bit deeper than Calm and Headspace, whom seem to focus a bit more on 'relaxing' than actual practice. I recommend it if anyone is looking to get started. I'm probably not far off needing any guidance anymore.
Glad to hear the zafu has also worked for you! Check out Insight Timer as well which offers a stack of free guided and unguided meditations. I'm a big fan of Tibetan singing bowls or American Indian Flute as background music rather than guided meditation.

Top Bottom