Meet Up Meet Matthew Richardson at the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 24 6pm
Alan Scott boardroom if too many register it will be in the player lecture theatre.

If you have concerns about the club, it’s State of affairs or how it’s being run, this is your opportunity to have an honest chat and they will listen.

Take advantage of this great opportunity who knows who else may pop in!!!

Register by emailing me rick@nieuvision.com.au

Last edited:
Can you expand a little on what you expect from the event? I don't want to make the time to attend and it's just another fluff session, with the club rolling out the "we hear you line" and whitewashing everything else.

Can you expand a little on what you expect from the event? I don't want to make the time to attend and it's just another fluff session, with the club rolling out the "we hear you line" and whitewashing everything else.

It’s your opportunity to ask and say whatever you want. They are pitching it’s for you to express your thoughts and get answers

Id rather gouge my ******* eyes out than spend any time giving feedback to the club. It's disregarded anyway despite whatever platitudes they put out.

No way i would say anything remotely constructive.

Id rather gouge my ******* eyes out than spend any time giving feedback to the club. It's disregarded anyway despite whatever platitudes they put out.

No way i would say anything remotely constructive.

Pretty good feedback to give them I’d have thought?

Here's my take: if Richo is doing it, he'll include Ben D, and they will give you as much info as they can to explain our situation. They'll also listen to you.

If you want to get the most of this opportunity, steer your answers to matters of guernsey, operations, branding, membership, gameday etc. Voice your concerns about the coach/coaches/players/trades but don't expect to get too much response from that. Focus on the things that they can provide answers for.

I take my hate off to Richo for his willingness to provide this opportunity. It would be a tense place to be right now.

Here's my take: if Richo is doing it, he'll include Ben D, and they will give you as much info as they can to explain our situation. They'll also listen to you.

If you want to get the most of this opportunity, steer your answers to matters of guernsey, operations, branding, membership, gameday etc. Voice your concerns about the coach/coaches/players/trades but don't expect to get too much response from that. Focus on the things that they can provide answers for.

I take my hate off to Richo for his willingness to provide this opportunity. It would be a tense place to be right now.
This is the crux of the issue.

The problems that are driving the supporter angst are completely out of his control.

He has no more power to force an executive leadership change, stand-up to Eddy McGuire, return the board to member voted control or cleanse the football department than we do.

What is the point of the discussion if he can't fix any of the real problems?

This is the crux of the issue.

The problems that are driving the supporter angst are completely out of his control.

He has no more power to force an executive leadership change, stand-up to Eddy McGuire, return the board to member voted control or cleanse the football department than we do.

What is the point of the discussion if he can't fix any of the real problems?

Yep. I was considering attending but it just is a complete waste of time. We know the biggest problems with this club are the most senior roles. Primarily the Coach, the President, the Board and the CEO. Nothing Richo will say can change that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall, given the current circumstances regarding our on-field performances I'm fairly content with the off-field stuff. Hard to retain members when you're mediocre.
I feel for Richardson, he's in a precarious position and can't really s**t talk the on field stuff but * me dead it'd be making him work overtime. I don't think its a coincidence that the on field higher ups would ignore these kinds of events.

EDIT: I guess one piece of feedback from a marketing perspective is:
1) Stop kochie from calling us a little club from alberton
2) stop kochie from shitting on the supporter base and ignoring them
3) stop kochie from saying dumb s**t about vic bias

my point with these is: what is his end goal in saying these things? reality is as a senior figurehead of the club, everything he says in the media should have a purpose that benefits the club in the long run. i dont think these things have helped us

Well all I can say is you don’t know the outcome u til you’ve gone down and expressed your views. I know for a fact that it can help shape the club and make a difference. It will capture attention but if you don’t go well nothing will be learnt and the opportunity will be lost.

I can’t implore you enough to make an effort and get down there. I’m positive it will help make the club better irrespective of the generalised aspirations being thrown out here. If the club is important to you then make some time.

what aspect of our views have we not already made accessible to the club through all forms of media?
... including a particular BF thread opened on 7 September 2019 that is on its 12th page and has received 278 ‘replies’ including a number of my own from a place called Hong Kong which is somewhat distant from Alberton.

I considered attending, however timing makes it difficult and MR replied to my emailed complaints (in Membership thread).

Effectively the 4 pillars of our club are broken:

- President: egocentric, wrong decisions and bad media messaging.

- CEO: absolutely cooked. No visible control or decision making ability.

- Coach: can't produce results or develop players to elite levels.

- Captain: co-Captains can't set and maintain player standards.

All of these pillars are crumbling, the club with them and the loyal attendees are getting crushed.

Well all I can say is you don’t know the outcome u til you’ve gone down and expressed your views. I know for a fact that it can help shape the club and make a difference. It will capture attention but if you don’t go well nothing will be learnt and the opportunity will be lost.

I can’t implore you enough to make an effort and get down there. I’m positive it will help make the club better irrespective of the generalised aspirations being thrown out here. If the club is important to you then make some time.
I'd really like to attend Rick. I have forwarded you an email. Thank you for organising it.

I live in Mt Gambier, is it possible to Skype in?

Seriously though, I would like to be able to attend this. I feel like if the club was serious about it, it wouldn't be at 5pm on a Tuesday. If they consider doing another around an event such as the family day (perhaps the day after) I would attend.

Having said that I am also not convinced that this isn't purely a PR exercise considering the timing and the history of actively ignoring feedback over the past 4-5 years.

Thanks for taking the time Rick, I really hope that this can commence some positive change at the club.

Last edited:

Although Matt can't help with the major issues, there are some things worth discussing (now that I've climbed off my post trade period high horse).

1. Expectation management. It has become pervasive. Great clubs set high targets and are honest about any failure to achieve. We set low targets, fail to meet them and drop the bar even further.

2. Pride. We are the most successful football club in Australia. We will never regain our position as a powerhouse if we set the expectation that suburban football clubs struggle to compete in the big leagues.

3. Belittling supporters. Most poor decisions in the past 5 years have been justified to supporters with little more than "You're simply uninformed...". KY has insisted we have a top 4 list. After a grand total of 0 top 4 finishes in 7 years, there is no evidence that the club knows better than the members. We deserve more respect. If there is more to an issue than we know, explain it. Don't hide behind it.

4. Censorship. For a club that prides itself on having the most engaged supporters in the league, dissenting voices are very quickly shut down. Listen and learn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back