Event 'Meet The Prospective Admins' Panel @ Camp Clod

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah have to agree 100%, who gives a **** who the admin is.
Some seriously funny s**t that it’s taken so seriously.

Aw, it's not really being taken that seriously.

A lot is tongue in cheek. For example I don't even want to be admin and Ant Bear is actually a fake account.

Aw, it's not really being taken that seriously.

A lot is tongue in cheek. For example I don't even want to be admin and Ant Bear is actually a fake account.
It’s pretty serious. Look how long the thread is.

Just Cloud_ chasing beez votes while unaware that labelling the thread as an Event makes it ineligible.
There's a button that tells us Cloud_'s contributed bugger all to this entertainment ;)

Just Cloud_ chasing beez votes while unaware that labelling the thread as an Event makes it ineligible.
It's 100% eligible mate.
There's a button that tells us Cloud_'s contributed bugger all to this entertainment ;)
The admin's job is not to entertain people, it's to facilitate the opportunity for people to entertain people.

The admin's job is not to entertain people, it's to facilitate the opportunity for people to entertain people.
WarpedPassionateCopperhead-size_restricted.gif

Ant Bear is it true you play golf and watch Game of Thrones? If this is true then I am sorry I can't support you.
The Filth Wizard is it true you have an interest in WWF. If this is true then I am sorry I can't support you.
fumbler is it true that you are fumbler? If this is true then I am sorry I can't support you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ant Bear is it true you play golf and watch Game of Thrones? If this is true then I am sorry I can't support you.
The Filth Wizard is it true you have an interest in WWF. If this is true then I am sorry I can't support you.
fumbler is it true that you are fumbler? If this is true then I am sorry I can't support you.

You have issues with the World Wildlife Fund?

A moderator-hat (trilby) comment re Boys Flock:
- Having an off-site spin-off community for friendship reasons should not be seen as an issue.
- Even having such a community and badmouthing people, or plotting revolutions, is not an issue. You can also do this via PM, face-to-face conversation or over the telegraph machine. Asking the question "do you plan naughty things?" is also not really a big deal.
- Actually acting in an abusive, harassing, or personally attacking nature on this site is what should get you in trouble.
- Individually, if you go overboard, you should be penalised via the site's infraction system.
- As a group, if you go board, you should be penalised via the site's infraction system.

The moderation team are responsible for this. Of course, unfortunately, mods can't see everything or know everything. It's a very, very busy subforum. Mods are reliant on reports, or at least being approached. They also need information when approaches are made. Mods as a rule should be able to work meritoriously. I personally cannot take 10 ruours and think "well 1 more ruour and I'll call that fact". That's not right. Without sufficient information I can cast a spotlight, but I still need actual real evidence. My role (as a mod) here is reliant on information.

However an Admin (and Committee as a whole) can win brownie points for nurting an environment where bad things don't happen. This operates separately from site moderation. There can be some interchange for the good of both league and site, but it's separate.

-----

So, here it is:
Asking TFW once or twice about the perception he is complicit in some level of untoward mob mentality is a fair question, once or twice. I believe I have extracted his response. It's essentially "I swear to god that's not true."
A not-so-dissimilar question to AB about untoward motives and personal bias is also a fair question, once or twice. I believe I have extracted his response, and it's basically the same.

There is no point in asking the question further, in terms of the Admin debate. Maybe it's a valid accusation, maybe it's not. But it's already been done and now just clutters the discussion.

YOU ASK YOUR QUESTION, YOU GET YOUR RESPONSE (OR DEFLECTION, RETURN SALVO OR NON-RESPONSE) AND YOU NOW HAVE WHAT YOU NEED TO FORM AN OPINION.

That's it. It's done.
It's.
Done.

PS: Wooshette wtf did you just say that there are too many people in the league and this is the cause of splintering and friction? Mind blown.

Edit:
I always wondered why all the signage in the Sweet FA minecraft says “pandas are s**t”
Onto it.

I play golf with a sword. I have a wicked slice.

Fun fact: golf is flog spelt backwards

Last edited:
- Having an off-site spin-off community for friendship reasons should not be seen as an issue.
- Even having such a community and badmouthing people, or plotting revolutions, is not an issue. You can also do this via PM, face-to-face conversation or over the telegraph machine. Asking the question "do you plan naughty things?" is also not really a big deal.
- Actually acting in an abusive, harassing, or personally attacking nature on this site is what should get you in trouble.
- Individually, if you go overboard, you should be penalised via the site's infraction system.
- As a group, if you go board, you should be penalised via the site's infraction system.

The moderation team are responsible for this. Of course, unfortunately, mods can't see everything or know everything. It's a very, very busy subforum. Mods are reliant on reports, or at least being approached. They also need information when approaches are made. Mods as a rule should be able to work meritoriously. I personally cannot take 10 ruours and think "well 1 more ruour and I'll call that fact". That's not right. Without sufficient information I can cast a spotlight, but I still need actual real evidence. My role (as a mod) here is reliant on information.

However an Admin (and Committee as a whole) can win brownie points for nurting an environment where bad things don't happen. This operates separately from site moderation. There can be some interchange for the good of both league and site, but it's separate.

-----

So, here it is:
Asking TFW once or twice about the perception he is complicit in some level of untoward mob mentality is a fair question, once or twice. I believe I have extracted his response. It's essentially "I swear to god that's not true."
A not-so-dissimilar question to AB about untoward motives and personal bias is also a fair question, once or twice. I believe I have extracted his response, and it's basically the same.

There is no point in asking the question further, in terms of the Admin debate. Maybe it's a valid accusation, maybe it's not. But it's already been done and now just clutters the discussion.

YOU ASK YOUR QUESTION, YOU GET YOUR RESPONSE (OR DEFLECTION, RETURN SALVO OR NON-RESPONSE) AND YOU NOW HAVE WHAT YOU NEED TO FORM AN OPINION.

That's it. It's done.
It's.
Done.

PS: Wooshette wtf did you just say that there are too many people in the league and this is the cause of splintering and friction? Mind blown.

Edit:

Onto it.

Yeah the last few pages have been as bad as a xxxx gold.

-----

So, here it is:

That's it. It's done.
It's.
Done.

Edit:

Onto it.

Nice melt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back