Politics Meghan Markle and Prince Harry - Racially Villified or Royally Unpopular?

Remove this Banner Ad

Turns out the letter was written for public release lol

In his witness statement, Mr Knauf said the duchess "asked me to review the text of the letter, saying, 'Obviously everything I have drafted is with the understanding that it could be leaked'."

He said Meghan had asked whether she should address her father in the letter as "Daddy", adding that "in the unfortunate event that it leaked, it would pull at the heartstrings".

So much for living a quiet life. Both of them are filming a "Documentary" about their life for Netflix.

Why is Harry getting involved with political issues.

Why do we persist with the fallacy that monarchy is above politics?

An intrusion into the royal party should be monitored…an agenda, a perspective,
clearly she divides her time between what is good for her…ie. children…and poor Harry
who is being led by the nose…attishu…no woman deserves that much power…

And you fell for it…:)

Last edited:
I find the obsession with her quite pathological from certain groups of people. The British tabloid culture has always been trash but there was a report recently how an online British gossip forum which is used mainly by adult women decided to mass dislike a youtube video of her reading a children's book which up until then was reasonably popular on the youtube kids page. How sad and empty does your life have to be to do that?

It's as if some people feel betrayed by Harry as if he was their own son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm asking why you think it's a fallacy the monarchy (i.e the Queen) is above politics. It wasn't a rhetorical question?

clearly you asked why I asked the question. Do you read your posts?

here’s another question, when or what happened to turn you into this? You once were a passionate advocate of the things you believed in. No more

I find the obsession with her quite pathological from certain groups of people. The British tabloid culture has always been trash but there was a report recently how an online British gossip forum which is used mainly by adult women decided to mass dislike a youtube video of her reading a children's book which up until then was reasonably popular on the youtube kids page. How sad and empty does your life have to be to do that?

It's as if some people feel betrayed by Harry as if he was their own son.

Harry and meghan saw that time in the future when they would be cast aside by the palace media machine, like Margaret etc was. They decided all the pain they were enduring wasn’t worth it and asked for the ‘firm’ to bring that forward respectfully for the good of all parties. they failed badly, both sides. Now it’s a media feeding frenzy.

clearly you asked why I asked the question. Do you read your posts?

Do you think it’s a fallacy that the monarchy is above politics? Is the monarch not above politics?

here’s another question, when or what happened to turn you into this? You once were a passionate advocate of the things you believed in. No more

Was I? Like what? And where have I changed?

I reckon the institution is in for a hell of ride once HM dies. Their brand is built around her, her ability and longevity, and on the surface anyway her replacements don't look nearly as capable. I think the idea that the Brits love the monarchy itself rather than just the individual a top it maybe sorely tested.

Harry and meghan saw that time in the future when they would be cast aside by the palace media machine, like Margaret etc was. They decided all the pain they were enduring wasn’t worth it and asked for the ‘firm’ to bring that forward respectfully for the good of all parties. they failed badly, both sides. Now it’s a media feeding frenzy.
They don't help their situation by seeking attention even though they requested a private life.

I reckon the institution is in for a hell of ride once HM dies. Their brand is built around her, her ability and longevity, and on the surface anyway her replacements don't look nearly as capable. I think the idea that the Brits love the monarchy itself rather than just the individual a top it maybe sorely tested.
The next season of the crown and the real life soap of handy Andy won't help

Dont think charles has the gravitas to keep the firm running?
People are under the illusion that when Charles eventually becomes King he will suddenly become a different person.
He's already 73 years old. If anything, he's just going to get worse.

Last edited:
People are under the illusion that when Charles eventually becomes King he will suddenly become a different person.
He's already 73 years old. If anything, he's just going to get worse.

Get 'worse' in terms of what?

As Prince of Wales Charles can act with far more freedom than he can as monarch.

He said as much in November 2018 when interviewed on the occasion of his 70th birthday.

“You can’t be the same as the sovereign if you’re the Prince of Wales or the heir. But the idea somehow that I’m going to go on in exactly the same way if I have to succeed, is complete nonsense because the two situations are completely different.

“You only have to look at Shakespeare plays, Henry V or Henry IV part I and 2, to see the change that can take place. Because if you become the sovereign then you play the role in the way that it is expected.

“So, clearly I won’t be able to do the same things I’ve done as heir. So, of course, you operate within the constitutional parameters. But it’s a different function. I think people have forgotten that the two are very different.

"I’m not that stupid. I do realise that it is a separate exercise being sovereign. So, of course, you know, I understand entirely how that should operate."

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back