Politics Meghan Markle and Prince Harry - Racially Villified or Royally Unpopular?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
There have obviously been a few racist things said about MM, but in general, is the criticism of her unfair in a racial way, or is it just that she's outspoken and progressive?

I don't follow the Royals a lot, but I have heard a bit from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry about the environment and how they're not going to have more than one kid because of climate change, and some other progressive nonsense about not giving their child a gender or something. As opposed to William and Kate who you don't hear a peep from, usually.
People don't like to be lectured by anyone, let alone royals who don't even live in the real world.

She is the first person of colour in the Royal Family though, so perhaps there was always going to be something from the racists, or maybe even some unconscious racism from the general population who might be judging her by a higher standard because of her racial background, without even attributing their bias to racism.

I personally don't have any particular feeling towards her, but I think mostly the public reaction to her has been typical of the love-hate relationship with certain members of the Royal Family who step out of line.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Can you direct me to any racial basis to any of the criticism directed her way, or are you just making it up to troll?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
What are you guys talking about? There have been plenty of people suggesting racism is the basis for the criticism toward Markle.

20200115_074235.jpg

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
What are you guys talking about? There have been plenty of people suggesting racism is the basis for the criticism toward Markle.

View attachment 805944
Yeah, it's an ongoing conversation.

I wasn't sure if Malifice was looking for debate about racism or racist incidents.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
She was always doomed regardless of her race imo. The other one who is the future queen is effectively off limits and the British tabloids love harassing a royal. But the racial aspect can’t be ignored.

imo one of the white commonwealth countries (Canada / New Zealand / us) should make Harry their king and institute the line directly coming from his and Markle’s issue.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I have to agree. There is definitely a racial feel to it when you remember that she's still copping more criticism than Prince Andrew.

Andrew is protected due to the house of cards he's a part of.

Charles and Camilla were absolutely excoriated by the media for years and they copped it and it's died down. In my observation Harry and Meghan had been treated very well until they started virtue signaling about progressive issues from their almost literal ivory tower.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

View attachment 805944
People suggesting != racism. They are suggesting it, does not mean it exists. It's like people who pull the race card cause they're black and were caught speeding.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
She was always doomed regardless of her race imo. The other one who is the future queen is effectively off limits and the British tabloids love harassing a royal. But the racial aspect can’t be ignored.

imo one of the white commonwealth countries (Canada / New Zealand / us) should make Harry their king and institute the line directly coming from his and Markle’s issue.

Don't look at me, I voted for Saffie.

They're obviously still close since she attended his wedding, she will no doubt be there to pick up the pieces when his marriage goes **** up.

soon.JPG

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
People suggesting != racism. They are suggesting it, does not mean it exists. It's like people who pull the race card cause they're black and were caught speeding.

You may be right, but that's beside the point I was making.

People asking the question != trolling. It's been a topic of discussion for years now, but especially since the 'Megxit' news broke.

I don't think there is anything racist here, I do think that people who base their world around being the hammer that smashes it down will see racism in everything though.

Markle is a woman who has worked, been successful and was literally defined by her job. It gave her significance and then it was essentially taken away when she joined the family.

She wants to work, to have the freedom to live her life outside the bowling bumpers of royal protocol. Welcome to modern working women.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I don't think there is anything racist here, I do think that people who base their world around being the hammer that smashes it down will see racism in everything though.

Markle is a woman who has worked, been successful and was literally defined by her job. It gave her significance and then it was essentially taken away when she joined the family.

She wants to work, to have the freedom to live her life outside the bowling bumpers of royal protocol. Welcome to modern working women.
Wouldn't call one minor TV show successful.

Back