Politics Meghan Markle and Prince Harry - Racially Villified or Royally Unpopular?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can never understand the argument for skipping over Charles and going straight to William. Do people not understand how a hereditary monarchy works? If there is going to be another monarch after Elizabeth it will be Charles, end of story.

And a predictable disaster

That is not your role mate. It says moderator. Re read the bigfooty policies

I am not the moderator of this board and I have as much right to make comment here as you do. And, even if I was, I'd be continuing to correct your inaccuracies as you post them.

I am not the moderator of this board and I have as much right to make comment here as you do. And, even if I was, I'd be continuing to correct your inaccuracies as you post them.

You quoted my post within minutes. Like I said, get a new friend

As a moderator, tell me if one poster sneeringly posts constantly stuff like ‘did you see that on ‘the crown’ etc do you think it’s appropriate posting behaviour?

I’ve given several hints but I WILL report you mate

Last edited:
Ok I’ll bite. Every abdication ever. All ‘voluntary’ of course

You have to be monarch first before you can abdicate. You stated...

"Charles grounded. What’s the odds on him being passed over now? There’s plenty of precedent."

It's garbage.

There have been two abdications (as opposed to depositions) in the history of the English monarchy.
- Richard II in 1399
- Edward VIII in 1936 It was the first time in history that the British or English crown was surrendered entirely voluntarily.

Today, because the title to the Crown depends upon statute, particularly the Act of Settlement 1701, a royal abdication can be effected only by an Act of Parliament.

In modern times there is NO precedent for passing over the heir to the throne upon the death of the monarch.

There are two near examples one in 12th century England and another in the 15th century, but the reasons for that were far different from the current situation. And both didn't happen, as both heirs died before their father. No heir has been passed over in favor of their own son or other near relative.

Proposing passing over Charles in favour of William is nonsenscial. You simply don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

"Charles grounded. What’s the odds on him being passed over now? There’s plenty of precedent."

It's garbage.

There have been two abdications (as opposed to depositions) in the history of the English monarchy.
- Richard II in 1399
- Edward VIII in 1936 It was the first time in history that the British or English crown was surrendered entirely voluntarily.

Today, because the title to the Crown depends upon statute, particularly the Act of Settlement 1701, a royal abdication can be effected only by an Act of Parliament.

In modern times there is NO precedent for passing over the heir to the throne upon the death of the monarch.

There is one near example in 12th century England, but the reason for that were far different from the current situation. And it didn't happen anyway.

Proposing passing over Charles in favour of William is nonsenscial. You simply don't know what you are talking about.

‘English monarchy’? Surely given their European connections you would include the many houses of Europe, many now gone’

Let’s face it mate you get a kick out of picking and winning arguments. You steer the discussion to that end. Do you think people are stupid ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘English monarchy’? Surely given their European connections you would include the many houses of Europe, many now gone’

I didn't realise Charles was the heir to the other thrones of Europe.

You said. "Charles grounded. What’s the odds on him being passed over now? There’s plenty of precedent."

You were referring to precedent in the history of the Crown to which he is heir to.

Let’s face it mate you get a kick out of picking and winning arguments.

It's quite simple. Don't post inaccuracies and falsehoods and I'll see no need to correct them

You steer the discussion to that end.

And why exactly are you posting in this thread again?

Do you think people are stupid ?

In many cases ignorant. In other cases pursuing an agenda.

Last edited:

It's garbage.

- Richard II in 1399

There are two near examples one in 12th century England and another in the 15th century, but the reasons for that were far different from the current situation. And both didn't happen, as both heirs died before their father. No heir has been passed over in favor of their own son or other near relative.

Fun and boring fact , one of the fellas at the cricket club I played is a distant relative of Henry 4 who usurped Richard .
Got the whole backstory about it 🙂

Fun and boring fact , one of the fellas at the cricket club I played is a distant relative of Henry 4 who usurped Richard .

He'd also be a distant relative of Richard, considering they were first cousins.

You quoted my post within minutes. Like I said, get a new friend

As a moderator, tell me if one poster sneeringly posts constantly stuff like ‘did you see that on ‘the crown’ etc do you think it’s appropriate posting behaviour?

I’ve given several hints but I WILL report you mate

Can’t say you weren’t warned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back