Melb CBD incident

Remove this Banner Ad

"I'm no expect, but this is why the experts are wrong..."

Looks like a member of Vicpol has put down his newspaper to reply to me. Apologies for the interruption.

I'm no expert, but I have money taken out of my paycheck and given to people who are meant to be the experts and keep the streets safe. That clearly hasn't happened today. If vicpol had done their job that kid would still be alive. When you * up so publicly expect criticism.

I'm no expert on police matters and obviously shooting out the tyres of the car is a ridiculous suggestion but yet again the cops stand by while the public are subjected to lawlessness, this time out the front of Flinders Street station. I'm not even talking about the Bourke Street carnage which hadn't happened yet!

Leaving aside the fact the cops knew who this guy was - at what point were the coppers going to step in and stop the tiprat from doing donuts in a CBD intersection?

They don't have the balls to control the streets when this bloke is playing up for Apex are rampaging through the city - but they will crawl up your arse for a parking ticket.

Regarding this incident the preferred tactics regarding car chases aren't simply pursuit. Often this leads to more erratic driving and higher speeds, and particularly when in busy areas that can be really dangerous for the public.

The tactic is usually to hang back in busy areas and observe via helicopter until there's a safer spot to apprehend or chase.

It appears they were observing via chopper and once he circled at the intersection they approached to apprehend him. At this stage he's hooned off and we all know what happened.

It's a tragic situation but engaging in high speed chases through suburbs and the CBD is fraught with danger and not usually the advised tactic. It could easily lead to an equally tragic outcome for bystanders.

Looks like a member of Vicpol has put down his newspaper to reply to me. Apologies for the interruption.

I'm no expert, but I have money taken out of my paycheck and given to people who are meant to be the experts and keep the streets safe. That clearly hasn't happened today. If vicpol had done their job that kid would still be alive. When you **** up so publicly expect criticism.

This post is an embarrassing bucket of dog s**t.

I'm no expert, but I have money taken out of my paycheck and given to people who are meant to be the experts and keep the streets safe. That clearly hasn't happened today. If vicpol had done their job that kid would still be alive. When you **** up so publicly expect criticism.

Spare everyone your faux outrage when you have nearly none of the facts at your disposal. How come the "my tax-dollars" cohort never give credit (I know, because good work rarely gets credit and is invisible to the public) - but are quick to criticise? This is exactly why I advise people not to buy the Herald Sun tomorrow

You know that income tax goes to state governments in the form of grants, right?

Yep but it's not taken out his pay and given directly to law enforcement.

Semantics.

I just don't pretend to know how to other people's jobs better than they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep but it's not taken out his pay and given directly to law enforcement.

Semantics.

No, but nor would it be taken out of his pay and given directly to law enforcement if it were imposed at the state level.

For all intents and purposes of his post, his taxes pay for law enforcement.

What happened in Marseille? You're the second person in this thread to reference Marseille.

Yeah it was Nice where there was the terrorist attack with the truck, not Marseille.

Well you have no business being on bigfooty then, here everyone is an expert on whatever topic is being discussed.

Spare everyone your faux outrage when you have nearly none of the facts at your disposal. How come the "my tax-dollars" cohort never give credit (I know, because good work rarely gets credit and is invisible to the public) - but are quick to criticise? This is exactly why I advise people not to buy the Herald Sun tomorrow

Its the nature of many roles. Why are the police different?

So you haven't ever criticised a politician? Ever? After all, what would you know?

Cool. VicPol are expecting you first thing Monday morning, to retrain the entire police force.

Forget the 150+ years of accumulated knowledge and shared practices from overseas, you have a clean slate.

Cool. VicPol are expecting you first thing Monday morning, to retrain the entire police force.

Forget the 150+ years of accumulated knowledge and shared practices from overseas, you have a clean slate.
You realise you're doing exactly what he is, just from the other side of the coin

How the * are you the victim in this??

Can we just stop playing politics for a bit?

Yeah it was Nice where there was the terrorist attack with the truck, not Marseille.
Yes I was just a bit confused by 2 posters mentioning an incident in Marseille, having just woken up I wondered if I had missed something. Nice is just down the road from me so I remember it well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back