Melb CBD incident

Remove this Banner Ad

These jokes are bang out of order for anyone, let alone two MPs, and I've shed tears about this afternoon, so don't you dare f***ing suggest I don't care.

Precisely. Not wanting to take this down the political route too far, but Kudos to Andrews, Turnbull and Hanson respectively for their appropriate comments.

Those two douches are simply still insecure about their public relevance, hence tweeting something inappropriate in order to get attention.

As for the campaigner in question, i know plenty of unstable people, people who do drugs, etc. They don't go close to doing anything like this. * off to jail.

Judges have gotten too lenient on crime.

Based on your careful and objective analysis of sentencing trends for a variety of offences, Court of Appeal decisions and specific case studies?

Or based on the likes of Ripper Rita and Tom Elliot, who wouldn't have an IQ point to rub between them, spouting their nonsense in the Hun - which can't employ a court reporter who can even get basic facts right?

Apologies if it's been mentioned but does anyone know the deal with the two idiots that ran onto the road while he was doing skids outside Flinders street?

One of them looked like they had a police baton type thing and was taking swipes at the car with one hand while trying to keep his pants up with another

Apologies if it's been mentioned but does anyone know the deal with the two idiots that ran onto the road while he was doing skids outside Flinders street?

One of them looked like they had a police baton type thing and was taking swipes at the car with one hand while trying to keep his pants up with another

Baseball bat apparently

The Police try and "box him in" near Flinders St and he hits the accelerator and plows into the watching crowd and it's their fault. They don't do this and this deranged person takes off and does something unheard of in this state and some still think they're to blame? You realise that policing isn't like playing a video game you f*ckwits? I'm someone that is often skeptical of Police actions but this is all time stupid.

Knew I should have stayed away from anything related to this tragedy.

Based on your careful and objective analysis of sentencing trends for a variety of offences, Court of Appeal decisions and specific case studies?

Or based on the likes of Ripper Rita and Tom Elliot, who wouldn't have an IQ point to rub between them, spouting their nonsense in the Hun - which can't employ a court reporter who can even get basic facts right?

I know it's not how its done and it can't be done this way, but sentencing should be based on the person, not the offence. Some people just aren't capable of rehabilitation and are better off being excluded from society as a precaution.

I know it's not how its done and it can't be done this way, but sentencing should be based on the person, not the offence. Some people just aren't capable of rehabilitation and are better off being excluded from society as a precaution.

Sentencing is heavily based on the person being sentenced, and risk to the community is a significant factor in both sentencing and parole.

Further, people can be held beyond their sentenced period for certain offences if they are considered to be a risk to the community.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today is the wrong day to ask the question though, you're not going to get anything resembling logical thoughts from many today.

The other thing with surveys like that is does the average person who has nothing to do with the system actually know what the best course of action is?

Your first point is obviously a salient one.

On the second, whilst the scenarios may have been contrived and leading, in the end the point of the exercise was to quantitatively compare public perception of what they thought sentences should be, to what they actually were.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Had he taken down Swanston St at 100km/hr in a police pursuit people would be up in arms. Had he been shot at Flinders St and bystanders were caught up in fire, there would be police uproar. What a horrible situation. Who could have predicted he would plough down innocents in Bourke St. Thoughts to all affected by this senseless act.

Your first point is obviously a salient one.

On the second, whilst the scenarios may have been contrived and leading, in the end the point of the exercise was to quantitatively compare public perception of what they thought sentences should be, to what they actually were.
Maybe, they could also have been to get results that agreed with what the government wanted to do.

You can manipulate surveys based on how you ask questions, you also need to account for people who answer with what they think people want them to say not what they feel etc.

I suspect the Derryn Hinch's of the world quietly celebrate these tragedies so they can resume position on their ******* soapboxes.

He claims his greatest achievement is being jailed for comptempt of court, jeopardising the trial of Michael Glennon which allowed Glennon another 4 years to continue his sexual abuse of children. Enough said.

Oh please. What violent crime?
I may be wrong, but aren't a lot of crime statistics such as home invasions, carjacking etc trending upwards. Car thefts are definitely up

'we can't legalise guns because more people will get hurt'

Usually the same to say

'the war on drugs is a waste, just legalise them all already'.

Just like some people cannot be trusted with firearms, some can't be trusted with drugs.

Sent from mTalk

The Police try and "box him in" near Flinders St and he hits the accelerator and plows into the watching crowd and it's their fault. They don't do this and this deranged person takes off and does something unheard of in this state and some still think they're to blame? You realise that policing isn't like playing a video game you f*ckwits? I'm someone that is often skeptical of Police actions but this is all time stupid.

Knew I should have stayed away from anything related to this tragedy.

Maybe the police could have done something proactive to control the situation. They backed off the chase, which was correct, but the tiprat's behaviour was clearly escalating on Flinders street and if the police can't step in and control the street what do we have them for?

I mean...who knows what he could do next? He might even plough through pedestrians on Bourke street. Thats just a hypothetical situation though

I may be wrong, but aren't a lot of crime statistics such as home invasions, carjacking etc trending upwards. Car thefts are definitely up
In the city? Wouldn't have thought so.

Maybe in outer suburbs but Melbourne is certainly a relatively safe place. Spend plenty of time in the city and I'm certainly not watching my back like I would in a violent city.

This guy is acting like we live in Detrot for *s sake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back