Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Not as crazy as it sounds.

The Dees run...
Richmond (MCG)
Gold Coast (MCG)
Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)

Not the worst run for a middle of the road side, even if they have been heartless for a number of weeks and sacked their coach. Tomorrow all hope could be snuffed out if Richmond do the job, but get over the line there and should knock off the Suns, would build some form to run over the top of Port.

What has to happen?
- Sydney needs to lose their last 3 (Saints at home, Cats away, Lions at home). First two quite probable but you'd expect them to beat the Lions. But you never know.
- North has to lose one of it's last 2 (Saints and Richmond at Etihad). Quite probable they will lose to St. Kilda.
- Fremantle has to lose one of it's last 2 (Collingwood at home, Bulldogs away). Highly likely the Fockers won't win again this year.

So, really, an upset win by Brisbane over Sydney, which isn't that massive an upset, is all that could stand between the Demons and an almost hard to believe spot in the finals...

Not going to happen.

Yeah, its an interesting situation.

North are unlikely to miss out if they win their next two matches. If the saints lose to Sydney tomorrow, then we get to control our own destiny and claim the Saint's spot. If Sydney lose, then we are realistically counting on Geelong to finish them off for us. If Essendon somehow lose to port next week, they are out as well. Their entire season rests on that match now. Not a bad matchup for them to find themselves in that position though.

The Demons are a red hot go and a more realistic chance of winning all three than we are of beating the Saints next week. They can’t control their destiny from here though and are relying on a number of likely results to make it. They are close to certainties if North lose next week.

Fremantle would need a miracle to beat Collingwood next week, but it’s still possible and the door is still open for them. Their destiny is out of their hands.

There are 6 teams looking at three spots, and none of them should be feeling secure tonight. Should be an exciting round and a half for these teams.

Not as crazy as it sounds.

The Dees run...
Richmond (MCG)
Gold Coast (MCG)
Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)

Not the worst run for a middle of the road side, even if they have been heartless for a number of weeks and sacked their coach. Tomorrow all hope could be snuffed out if Richmond do the job, but get over the line there and should knock off the Suns, would build some form to run over the top of Port.

What has to happen?
- Sydney needs to lose their last 3 (Saints at home, Cats away, Lions at home). First two quite probable but you'd expect them to beat the Lions. But you never know.
- North has to lose one of it's last 2 (Saints and Richmond at Etihad). Quite probable they will lose to St. Kilda.
- Fremantle has to lose one of it's last 2 (Collingwood at home, Bulldogs away). Highly likely the Fockers won't win again this year.

So, really, an upset win by Brisbane over Sydney, which isn't that massive an upset, is all that could stand between the Demons and an almost hard to believe spot in the finals...

I think swans will bounce back tommorow and win. I think they should make the 8, just though.
i rekon the 8 is nearly done, what about saints they have 3 hard games , swans in sydney, roos in form, blue baggers, you rekon they could drop out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think swans will bounce back tommorow and win. I think they should make the 8, just though.
i rekon the 8 is nearly done, what about saints they have 3 hard games , swans in sydney, roos in form, blue baggers, you rekon they could drop out?
posiblility....

Im happy to wait till the last round to sort it out

They can ONLY over take Sydney IF Sydney were to lose ALL 3.

Sydney will NOT lose to Brisbane in Sydney in Round 24.

Melbourne IF they win all 3 will go to 10.5 wins with a woeful %.

Apart from the tiny matter of actually winning any game, let alone their last three

Dont you open ya trap!your in the 8 and cant even beat melbourne hope yas get west coast again replay of 2 years ago when essendon scraped in when they shouldnt have...

Melbourne will not make the 8 if they do it would be more embarrassing than essendon appointing matthew knights as coach...and we cant have that!

Extremely rough chance. I'm actually pretty confident we will account for Tiges tomorrow. In fact if we had to lose one game on the run home i'd actually think we'd lose to the Power. Too many things have to go right for us to make it so im gonna say no. Anyway even if we do win our last three games i still reckon this season is a failure. Does that set us back in terms of development? Absolutely not. Some teams have to take a step back before they can take two steps forward. :thumbsu:

Apart from the tiny matter of actually winning any game, let alone their last three

Surely you're having a lend of us here mate. No other plausible explanation presents itself.

Would be surprised if we lose to Richmond, and if, by some freak catastrophic happenstance, the Gold Coast were to beat us, I'd have to kick my own arse ;)

And in comparison with Essendon, of course...

essvmelr112011.jpg

essvmelr152010.jpg

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back