Roast MELBOURNE BOARD BADGE SCANDAL

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hi board. I hope you are enjoying your long weekend, and thanks for checking out this thread.

Today I discovered a number of things that made my blood run cold.

On some random page on the forum that I found by accident this morning, there are lists of so-called “prominent posters” of Bigfooty. Categories include stuff like “most posts”, “most reactions”, “most badges” and similar. The disgrace in this is that NOT ONE SINGLE MELBOURNE BOARD POSTER is featured as prominent in ANY category.

I am prepared to accept that post and reaction numbers are objectively measured and as such the top 20 in these categories isn’t open to interpretation. However I would like to have known sooner that pure numbers are valued and rewarded so I could up my spam accordingly to feature as a prominent poster. Without checking, I feel sure that I am coming from a long way behind to match GG.exe at this point, no thanks to Bigfooty.

However the awarding of badges is a subjective exercise controlled entirely by Chief who is clearly and deliberately ignoring the efforts and quality of Melbourne-supporting posters. The fact that Chief is a Carlton supporter hasn’t escaped me, and it is this that tips the balance in favour of a clear plot against the Melbourne Football Club and its supporters. If this isn’t disgraceful enough, it is no secret that Chief awarded many of our posters with multiples of premiership trophies only to take them away again.

Here are some badge related issues that I put forward as evidence of the plot.

Noted Melbourne board poster Topkent has 3 badges in total, one of which is the premiership trophy. Don’t tell me the powers that be aren’t aware of, and jealous of, his expert analysis of football that takes place in Topkent’s lab? I mean, even ImissFrosty is better rewarded having picked up 5 badges to date, but does Kent get any reward for his screenshots with arrows drawn on them? He does not.

Even more disturbingly, schmuttt has but one badge. ONE! This cannot be possible as he at least should have some of those “you have reached 10,000 posts” recognition thingies.

I strongly encourage Chief and his administration to address this matter by, at a minimum:

1. Conduct an immediate review of BF practices that have made quality Melbourne posters victims of forum corruption
2. Making up some badge thing with a test tube or something for Melbourne posters demonstrating superior lab work
3. Give us back the trophy you so callously snatched away - I’m told that 00Stinger had about 4 at some stage, so he has been 4 times as shattered by their removal as even me

4. Ensure every poster like Schmuttt (and me for that matter) who has past the 10,000 milestone to be retrospectively badged for their efforts.

Some further ideas - both Crimson and me were moderators, then not, then moderators again, then not so IMO we’re both one short an ex-mod badge right there.

For the past however many years we have skipped over awarding POTY and such like since we couldn’t get it together to rank posters every week. This has denied quality BF posters their rightful recognition. I can’t remember who the stand-outs were in those years, but I reckon I was pretty good so I’ll take 5 or so of them thanks.

We packed in board sponsorship of a player the past few years for insufficient money to meet the costs etc. But I went solo and sponsored Nate Jones in 2021 and James Harmes for this year, so there are some more badges for me. I’m also happy to regard these as shared sponsorships with others on the board, so a 2021 + 2022 player sponsor badge needs to go to anyone who likes this post please.

There are some posters on the board, such as Imet Hassa, who were alive to recall Melbourne’s 1964 premiership, and possibly some prior. These fine people have been recognised with only one premiership trophy and I demand that this be immediately rectified.

For our greatly maligned posters who do such a service to this board and BF more generally, I encourage you to review this list of existing awards. There are any number that I should have and don’t. I am not alone in this. Please check the page below for your missing badges, post your rightful dues in this thread and show the BF administration that we will never again succumb to such treatment!

Thank you for your time, please like and subscribe

Love

Proper Gander

Last edited:

I am mightily impressed to have made the grade based on years alive. As my son wrote once “There is nothing sadder than an old man with ambition.”
Mind you I am a tad confused by the badge thing, presume it be like elephant stamps and as such I do share the collective outrage.

I am mightily impressed to have made the grade based on years alive. As my son wrote once “There is nothing sadder than an old man with ambition.”
Mind you I am a tad confused by the badge thing, presume it be like elephant stamps and as such I do share the collective outrage.
You should never tolerate being denied your birthright, Imet. At the very least you are entitled to some kind of not outraged by badge scandal award

4 premiership badges I had at one stage
AND THEY MUST BE RETURNED

I’m not getting a lot of action from Chief on the badge front here.

Never mind - I’ll put this in the hands of noted Melbourne Board Poster fan and supermod Wosh.

Hey Wosh - I know you get your hands on the controls here. Could you sort out the matter of about 150 or so missing badges that I’ve identified? There seems to be an obvious glitch with the automated 10,000 posts award, so if you would like to start with manually going through the several hundred thousand user accounts to rectify that would be great.

Much appreciated. Feel free to help yourself to a PG Enterprises Pty Ltd encouragement award while you’re there

Donald Trump No Comment GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AND THEY MUST BE RETURNED

I’m not getting a lot of action from Chief on the badge front here.

Never mind - I’ll put this in the hands of noted Melbourne Board Poster fan and supermod Wosh.

Hey Wosh - I know you get your hands on the controls here. Could you sort out the matter of about 150 or so missing badges that I’ve identified? There seems to be an obvious glitch with the automated 10,000 posts award, so if you would like to start with manually going through the several hundred thousand user accounts to rectify that would be great.

Much appreciated. Feel free to help yourself to a PG Enterprises Pty Ltd encouragement award while you’re there
Talk to me bae, what do you need

818AF433-F248-4514-BCBD-0361B117F837.gif

Talk to me bae, what do you need

View attachment 1375085
Throw us a bone, Wosh. We are seriously under represented in the prominent posters and Chief has been denying us our rightful badges.

Lets start small. Chuck a few pantskyle awards around the place and then we can talk further

Throw us a bone, Wosh. We are seriously under represented in the prominent posters and Chief has been denying us our rightful badges.

Lets start small. Chuck a few pantskyle awards around the place and then we can talk further
Well…run heaps of competitions and join the beancoin threads etc…those badges are easy to get!

Well…run heaps of competitions and join the beancoin threads etc…those badges are easy to get!
We would happily contribute to the inane posting rabble that is beancoin in pursuit of driving post numbers and attracting more advertising to fund Chief to get an even bigger house, but first need to see some movement from BF administrators in awarding our withheld badges. So this will cost you a 10,000 post award for me, Schmuttt, Topkent and any other Melbourne supporter denied recognition of the achievement, a second ex-mod badge to Crimson Azure, something or other for Imet Hassa, some general Pantskyle awards, restoration of 00Stingers 4-peat and an avatargate survivor badge for schmuttt

Cheers mate! We can talk further when you’ve got that all sorted. No need to thank me for the PG Enterprises encouragement award either - it’s the least I could do 👍

We would happily contribute to the inane posting rabble that is beancoin in pursuit of driving post numbers and attracting more advertising to fund Chief to get an even bigger house, but first need to see some movement from BF administrators in awarding our withheld awards. So this will cost you a 10,000 post award for me, Schmuttt, Topkent and any other Melbourne supporter denied recognition of the achievement, a second ex-mod badge to Crimson Azure, something or other for Imet Hassa, some general Pantskyle awards, restoration of 00Stingers 4-peat and an avatargate survivor badge for schmuttt

Cheers mate! We can talk further when you’ve got that all sorted. No need to thank me for the PG Enterprises encouragement award either - it’s the least I could do 👍

B8A897A8-9589-4DFE-8E9F-FD08DEB2E097.gif

See me after Easter.

Someone give this lovely lady a pantskyle badge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back