Melbourne clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now I know there's a fredddd in the GD about nightspots but I thought I'd get a different cross-section in here; something a little more oriented in the musical alley.

I've grown a little weary of my usual haunts so I'm trying to suss some new places. I'm pretty much over hearing trap and rap mangled together. So does anyone know anywhere that dabbles more in deep house, grime, the kind of stuff R&S Records release and Boiler Room strays toward.

I was talking to a mate who spoke highly of Universe at the Lib Social. Anyone been?

Basically, from a musical discourse, where's your favourite places in Melbourne?

New Guernica is probably going to be closest to consistently playing the sort of thing you're trying to hear. Beyond that, use social media for venues like Brown Alley, Liberty Social, etc etc, and cherry-pick gigs to your taste.

Oh, and there's always Revolver if you're really game.

New Guernica is probably going to be closest to consistently playing the sort of thing you're trying to hear. Beyond that, use social media for venues like Brown Alley, Liberty Social, etc etc, and cherry-pick gigs to your taste.

Oh, and there's always Revolver if you're really game.
What's Revs actually like?

Has anyone been to Survivor, either?

Fun but very fezzy, especially from Sunday morning onwards. Worth checking out at least once to say you've been, and then if you find it to your liking, go for it!

Haven't done Survivor but heard good things.

I like Revs. Nice outside smokers area where you can actually hold a convo with someone. Drugs galore obviously. Music is OK. Summer series usually has it pumping. Very much a kick-on venue. It's got a bit of personality about it, has been host to some quality gigs over the years.

Used to go to Survivor way back when it first opened. Was just your run of the mill club, smoke machines, average beats, loud music and crowded etc but I won't deny I had some great times there. Also had the benefit of that downstairs area, forget what it was called but it was a little less hectic than upstairs and didn't close till the early hours of the morning. Chicks were great. Not sure how it travels these days but I can only imagine it's gone downhill if anything.

Last edited:
Perseverance in Fitzroy goes off, absolutely packed on Friday/Saturdays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back