Society/Culture Melbourne- Crime Infestation and Glorification

Remove this Banner Ad

You scoff but are you just going to pretend that people weren’t shot in the neighbouring suburb just this weekend? That African gangs aren’t smashing up toorak?

Personally I did what any good man would do and got out before I copped anything major but had my fence graffitied multiple times, garden tools stolen, someone smashed the windscreen of my girlfriends car while parked in my driveway.

That’s just Armidale don’t get me started on dandenong

Yeah, it is a city of 5 million people, there's crime, especially around control of the drug trade. The shootings at the club are part of that.

No, African gangs aren't smashing up Toorak - you act like it is like London riots of 2011 all day all the time.

And LOL, so NOTHING happened to you, except someone tagged your fence.

WOAH LOOK OUT!

Mogadishu has nothing!

I maiself live in Canberra friend, yes we have a lot of criminals (politicians), but at least you can roam the streets safely without fear of being attacked...

You can roam Melbourne too ffs.

You scoff but are you just going to pretend that people weren’t shot in the neighbouring suburb just this weekend? That African gangs aren’t smashing up toorak?

Personally I did what any good man would do and got out before I copped anything major but had my fence graffitied multiple times, garden tools stolen, someone smashed the windscreen of my girlfriends car while parked in my driveway.

That’s just Armidale don’t get me started on dandenong

Armadale?

And you lived there for a decade. Riiiiight.

Maybe between the hours of 10am and 2pm

Aside from that, you’re every chance of being attacked.

Outside of some small pockets, you're really not. Maybe at night in alcohol-heavy areas yes, but that's to do with alcohol, not Melbourne.

Anyone who has lived in an actual high crime Western city knows Melbourne is safe and calm.

Yeah, it is a city of 5 million people, there's crime, especially around control of the drug trade. The shootings at the club are part of that.

No, African gangs aren't smashing up Toorak - you act like it is like London riots of 2011 all day all the time.

And LOL, so NOTHING happened to you, except someone tagged your fence.

WOAH LOOK OUT!

Mogadishu has nothing!

Regular occurrence on chapel street.

You might try and normalise crime but you live in a cesspit filled with it. Worst place in Australia by a long way. Basically the New Orleans of Australia. Fun to visit for a weekend but you need to keep your wits about you at all times and any longer than 3 days there and you are taking your life into your hands

You might try and normalise crime but you live in a cesspit filled with it. Worst place in Australia by a long way. Basically the New Orleans of Australia. Fun to visit for a weekend but you need to keep your wits about you at all times and any longer than 3 days there and you are taking your life into your hands

Are you joking?

You'd be a quivering mess in most major cities in the world if you moved from Melbourne because of crime.

Do you take in to account the role you might play in he whole perpetrator-victim relationship?

Maybe you shouldn't act like a pussy?

LOL, you're making an early start on the goonbag.

You'd be a quivering mess in most major cities in the world if you moved from Melbourne because of crime.

Incorrect. Felt safer in a shitload of “poor” cities around the world but Melbin is on a different level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could choke you out in a minute. Haven’t lost a street fight yet

Sounds like YOU were a major contributor to violent crime in Melbourne!

Its a common thing, a slow witted type like you moves to the big city, can't cope, has to lash out.

I'm glad you've moved out, the city just got even better, and smarter.

Sounds like YOU were a major contributor to violent crime in Melbourne!

Its a common thing, a slow witted type like you moves to the big city, can't cope, has to lash out.

I'm glad you've moved out, the city just got even better, and smarter.

Lel likely story. I’ve only ever defended myself when I need to. Never the aggressor

Exactly, when I worked in Brussels we'd carry pepper spray and tasers because people would try and steal the camera. And not just in places like Molenbeek, they'd try it on in the city centre.

Sif that would happen on Bourke Street.

And then there's places like the northside of Dublin. Jeezo.

Lel likely story. I’ve only ever defended myself when I need to. Never the aggressor

So - if you never experienced any crime on your person in "Melbin" - where were you living when all these street fights occured?

Hitting 000 on the speed dial is not defending yourself.

So - if you never experienced any crime on your person in "Melbin" - where were you living when all these street fights occured?

I have had to sort out flogs all over Melbin. Dandenong was full of it. Crown precinct is full of it. King street, St Kilda, Richmond, Brunswick, Collingwood, prahran

Exactly, when I worked in Brussels we'd carry pepper spray and tasers because people would try and steal the camera. And not just in places like Molenbeek, they'd try it on in the city centre.

Sif that would happen on Bourke Street.

And then there's places like the northside of Dublin. Jeezo.
I remember the first time I went clubbing in Jo'burg which was a couple of years before the 94 election they had gun lockers at the club to check your weapon in.

I remember the first time I went clubbing in Jo'burg which was a couple of years before the 94 election they had gun lockers at the club to check your weapon in.

Few nightspots in Melbourne could do with those tbh

Better than the set up in LA, you just brought em on in

I could choke you out in a minute. Haven’t lost a street fight yet
"IM so tough"
"EEEEEE I CANT WALK AROUND ITS UNSAFE MY FENCE GOT TAGGED"

I thought chief had parental controls on this s**t? Keep it to the bay

You're probably referring to the Moreland.

Waaaaaaaay back in the days, I happened to be in the vicinity of a shooting at a now long defunct upstairs Moonee Ponds night club. 10 minutes after the shooting occurred the cops showed up, and I could hear something very much like heavy hail commencing on the walkway roof outside the club windows. It was the noise of pistols being thrown out of windows and landing on the promenade roofing.

Melbourne is significantly safer than it was prior to the 2000's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back