Mega Thread Melbourne Cup 2016 and all Cup day racing discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
To look at the data, holy s**t Qewy was stiff - had a peak speed of 5 km/h better than the next best, but travelled further cos he was 3-wide for a lot of the race.

Having watched the racing.com post-race analysis, I can appreciate what an amazing race that was now (even aside from the personal windfall.) That was a Bonecrusher/Our Waverley Star finish.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
What do people do when they have big wins like that? It's easily, easily my best ever 1-race result.

Do you just settle down and bet on the next race? Do you just sit out the rest of the day and ride out your quaddie?

My heart is beating out of my chest at the moment, I have no idea what to do.

Put it all on Fabrizio in the next. Or just give me the money

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
First four placings:
  1. 17 ALMANDIN
  2. 13 Heartbreak City
  3. 6 Hartnell
  4. 23 Qewy
Take out HBC and there is one of my tri's. I looked at it for sure but I have a rule where I don't look at runners who haven't run in Oz. Still happy to keep that policy.

:(

The City Boyz

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2016
Albert Park
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Thanks mate :)

I took your advice... kind of.

I'm either riding my luck - or being extraordinarily greedy - by having a crack at another first 4:

1, 2, 4, 13, 14, 17 for 10%

And a couple of very disciplined bets on Lidari and Closing Bell, who were a couple of the standouts (other than Fabrizio) when I was doing the form last night.
Maybe take the loved one in your life out for a special meal:)
or shout the lads on BF a cold one!;)

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
image.jpeg

A mate posted this on Facey. Wasn't him. You'd be spewing though...

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
King St is calling you

It's funny you say that - I had a very good day at the track on Saturday as well (although nothing like today)... I very, very nearly ended up there on Saturday night on the way home! Sadly the mate I went to the races with is a bit of a square :(

I doubt my dog would appreciate it... nor would she get in to most venues :cool:

Bank 2 k and use the rest to fund the rest of your carnival - outstanding effort mate :thumbsu:

It's funny you say that - I had a very good day at the track on Saturday as well (although nothing like today)... I very, very nearly ended up there on Saturday night on the way home! Sadly the mate I went to the races with is a bit of a square :(

Time 4 new raceday mate

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Congrats to all the winners big or small , single or taken. Enjoy the moment.

To those like me who didn't get a sniff , remember there is always the next race or next year. And lets start the coulda shoulda wouldas :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back