Mega Thread Melbourne Cup 2016 and all Cup day racing discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Great winner and places too. Great race all round.
Cheers for all the wisdom.
Catch you all next year for more of the same :thumbsu:
Could do with some sleep now......
Good work mate - your picks were pretty much on the money and the straw poll seems to have pushed a lot of once-a-yearer's into the winner.

Hope you filled your boots :thumbsu:

sethlad

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2001
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Derby County FC
What a great effort again from the PB regulars.
Some serious results & a few happy once/yr punters is great day after all these wks of discussion.

Personally Almandin was my 2nd best result,was crazy odds betfair before his harry white win & still 66/1 after.
sometimes a plan comes together.

hes a horse who had wraps but clearly needed time.was told he could be a cox plate horse before injury.
Not sure he could have got here without joining team willams.few would have had the money or patience to wait for him.

Great race,Feels like redemption for the travesty of 2015

seth

getthefooty

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Another faux spring carnival expert checking in to say thanks, I reckon this board does a pretty good job on the reg. From memory MD was probably the most popular here last year which I tailed and would've saluted if... well no need to revive that memory again.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Only run in the race I can't really understand is Oceanographer, where did Lexus form disappear to?

I didn't include him in much at all today, cos European horses aren't generally bred or trained to run twice in 4 days. Of course there are exceptions - but a horse like Dunaden was freakishly good, and Oceanographer probably isn't in that class.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Amazing purple patch for the deceased sire Monsun with three separate Cup winners in the past four years, something that hasn't been done before. His final crop will be late 3yo's/early 4yo's depending on northern/southern hemisphere time. Might cost a bit extra to secure second-hand Monsun offspring now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back