Mega Thread Melbourne Cup 2016 and all Cup day racing discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing purple patch for the deceased sire Monsun with three separate Cup winners in the past four years, something that hasn't been done before. His final crop will be late 3yo's/early 4yo's depending on northern/southern hemisphere time. Might cost a bit extra to secure second-hand Monsun offspring now.

Lol'Shea also has Manatee who he didn't run at all this spring - but will probably destroy him by the time we get to next years Cup.

Only run in the race I can't really understand is Oceanographer, where did Lexus form disappear to?

Question is do you think that Tom Melbourne would've finished any closer. It was only a couple of lengths from being in the field.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
How are those bottles of wine going?

My wife has already commendeared a fair part of the winnings for a jacket she wants. When you are shouting at the screen for the horse to keep going she knew there was more than just a couple of bucks riding on the result... now going from a lovely French Gaillac red to a bloody Mornington Peninsula Pinot very quickly..

Well done to the whole Almandin bandwagon on here and the other school of thought represented by Jugada going mightily close too.

More of the same next year :thumbsu:

Question is do you think that Tom Melbourne would've finished any closer. It was only a couple of lengths from being in the field.

Pretty sure it would have at least made it to the 2200m mark unlike Rose of Virgina

My wife has already commendeared a fair part of the winnings for a jacket she wants. When you are shouting at the screen for the horse to keep going she knew there was more than just a couple of bucks riding on the result... now going from a lovely French Gaillac red to a bloody Mornington Peninsula Pinot very quickly..

Hehehe - sounds like the old man to me post race - 'what is wrong with you?'

big_bazza

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
Had a great day in the end, got the winners in every race i bet on (1,3,7) because of the sportsbet promo, spewing i only had $4 and $5 on Invincible star in the first and sort after in the 2nd. i got Almandin at $13 last night thanks to the odds booster and chucked 15 e.w on it.

just had a look at the market for the 2017 cup and Almandin and Heartbreak city are both at 21's and and Qewy and Hartnell are 34's.

Aug 4, 2004
Lilliput
AFL Club
West Coast
Great work by the Punting Board!

Old mate Curren Mirotic was a but disappointing to say the least, but the winner was a great result anyway.

Had a great day at the track, very hung over. Long day ahead.

Points to take away for next year:
- beware Tony Martin
- respect Charlie Appleby runners
- Ebor still a relevant form race for dominant winners

Old mate Curren Mirotic was a but disappointing to say the least, but the winner was a great result anyway.

o_O Ran exactly in line with pretty much all his recent form

Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
Big props to the usuals here on BF Punting!

Sethlad, iluvparis... love your work boys.

As a casual punter, it's great to see what people are thinking and throwing their money on. My best results were Jameka and Almandin. With a crap day on just about every other race I still came out a couple hundred ahead on the Cup win.

For a bunch of footy tragics, this thread seems to get it just just about every year. :)

Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
Na i tried to work it out before. Say if I backed 5 to 10 horses at 200 ea on the nose and i get prince of Penzanced and a donkey wins, then I'm at a big loss. Then if I layed it at betfair it had been 16s all week (although it's coming in) so I'd profit a grand or two max which isn't life changing. It is what it is really, it'll be the worst three mins of me life and it probably won't win but if it did it would be unreal

.....and here we are!

What a win. Was telling all the folks at my BBQ on the day that a guy on FB put a tidy 15k in his pocket. ;)

Well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back