Racing Melbourne Cup 2017

Your choice for the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cup day has always been the worst card during the carnival apart from the Cup itself.

Most races are rubbish apart from the Cup itself and pure lotteries with many country horses involved which makes it hard to line up the form.

Quality is a bit better now than what it was 5+ years ago but still very hard to get winners and the Quaddies have always been huge on Cup day for a reason!

Surely Oaks is worse.

I'm happy with cup day being a bit of a lottery with the huge fields. It's better than it was, they've ditched the jumps and added a couple of black types. Consolation Cuo idea is good. Sounds a bit xenophobic but perhaps with cup becoming all international, an Aussie only staying race might also be an idea.

Why does Corey Brown not get more rides? Who is he?!?

He’s won two bloody Melbourne Cups - he ain’t no mug.

To be fair - when he won it on Shocking he sat 3 or 4 wide the trip and the horse did all the work.

race that just happened at doomben a horse opened at $41's smashed into 4's and won **** me is that not sus
What race?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the replay and geez JV puts a solid 2 length gap on Rekindling at the 400-450 or so - you'd think you were home! As Melham said the weight probably told at the death getting run down by a superior 2 mile horse.

Just watched the replay and geez JV puts a solid 2 length gap on Rekindling at the 400-450 or so - you'd think you were home! As Melham said the weight probably told at the death getting run down by a superior 2 mile horse.
Yep JV had that race won. Great finish to a great race.

Thought the races run by the first 4s jockeys was all exceptional and the riders gave them all a great chance to win.

In the end it was the best 2 mile horse at its weight winning.

Then there was Franky Dettori absolutely slaughtering the best 2 mile horse was another shitful ride.

On a side note. Maybe Lloyd Williams knew Rekindling was a better chance than Almandin at the weight so he chicked Dettori on it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not Dettori's best ride (again!) but its not like the horse was storming home late from the back when it was all over. The ride didn't cost it the race - just repeated its Bart Cummings run

Back