Racing Melbourne Cup 2018 and all Cup Day discussion.(Posting of bets after the race will be carded)

The winner is.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Will probably be going with Youngstar as my main bet. Want a bit better then the $18 but if that's all I can get happy to take it.

Don’t know how you can have a local winning the Cup, ie Youngster.

Ebor winner has never won the Cup either. What’s so special about Muntahaa?

Given the field has dropped away so much plenty would be attracted to a first up international coming off a dominant last start win. Both the horses that fit that profile are poison unders as a result.

Red Cardinal continues to firm... :drunk:

The only positive if it gets up is the punting board will be able to enjoy one of my epic melts

Useless stat when two winners have run close seconds and a third would have started fav after winning the CC in the last decade

The two that ran second only carried 54 and 53.5 though

Best: Yucatan, Cross Counter, Cliffs of Moher

Next Best: Finche, Marmelo

Roughies: Sound Check, Who Shot Thebarman

At this stage i think ill be playing around something like this in exotics. Magic Circle, Muntahaa and A Prince Of Arran probably all around the mark for first 4s and trifectas but just gross unders so finding it hard to include them.

Trainer was on radio this morning saying he definitely wants it firm as it will like the hard ground much more than the other Europeans.

In any case I think everyone is going OTT about it coming up soft - 15 mms each day isn't going to do jack to a fast drying track like Flemington.
You honestly think 15mm today and 15mm tomorrow, especially if it’s constant rain tomorrow won’t make the track SOFT? Especially by race 7?

Although I don’t see any rain on the radar today, BOM have probably ****ed it up again.

You honestly think 15mm today and 15mm tomorrow, especially if it’s constant rain tomorrow won’t make the track SOFT? Especially by race 7?

Although I don’t see any rain on the radar today, BOM have probably ****** it up again.

They would have probably put 10mm on it the night before anyway. With a bit of heat and wind around today that 15mm wont have much if any impact at all. If the rain comes tomorrow during the races then we could get a downgrade though

Although I don’t see any rain on the radar today, BOM have probably ****** it up again.

No! As stated earlier in the thread they would probably irrigate 10mms anyway. Traffic should be perfect come race time tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time for a clause eg min 10 starts in Australia/NZ or at least 80% of starts in Aust/NZ (to cover those horses with less than 10 starts). The race is losing its romance. If there is a way to get 3 or 4 Internationals in the field I could live with that as it does add excitement, but the great Australian race is fast losing the character that made it so great.

Time for a clause eg min 10 starts in Australia/NZ or at least 80% of starts in Aust/NZ (to cover those horses with less than 10 starts). The race is losing its romance. If there is a way to get 3 or 4 Internationals in the field I could live with that as it does add excitement, but the great Australian race is fast losing the character that made it so great.

Lol yeah nah - go back and look at some of the fields in the late 80s through to mid 90s - they are absolute garbage. Even some of the fields the Diva beat up on were very ordinary.

The internationals have saved the race from becoming completely ho hum - WTF would prefer to have Auvray, Zacada and Sir Charles Road fighting it out for favoritism tomorrow.

Back