Racing Melbourne Cup 2018 and all Cup Day discussion.(Posting of bets after the race will be carded)

The winner is.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OOE interesting. Good to see the corps adjust their markets accordingly :drunk:

Withhold would be longer odds than it is now to even get a start let alone win it. Few others in the market gonna find it hard to get a run.

Finche now with Waller. Likely to make the field with 54kg. Lightly raced French horse with form around Avilius. Last start he comfortably beat Tiberian (who’s not in the same form this Euro season) and Called To The Bar (who later beat Kergolay winner Holdthasigreen).

Finche now with Waller. Likely to make the field with 54kg. Lightly raced French horse with form around Avilius. Last start he comfortably beat Tiberian (who’s not in the same form this Euro season) and Called To The Bar (who later beat Kergolay winner Holdthasigreen).

How’s it likely to get in sitting at 42 in the OOE?

How’s it likely to get in sitting at 42 in the OOE?
The usual process of attrition. I see plenty ahead of him who are already highly unlikely. Add to that injuries, loss of form and changing target races.

For example, last year Wall of Fire and Thomas Hobson made it from positions 48 and 54 in the original order of entry. I think all of those on 54kgs will get in.

Can you guys explain why you're looking at eg Latrobe at OOE 71 and Cross Counter 82 but not Withold at OOE 58? Cheers.

Can you guys explain why you're looking at eg Latrobe at OOE 71 and Cross Counter 82 but not Withold at OOE 58? Cheers.

You are looking at the order of the weights not the OOE. They are European 3yos

La Trobe is 7 and Cross Counter is 22 so both are already in.

Going through the market last night, one I've not heard mentioned yet is Count Octive
Must admit know SFA about it

Going through the market last night, one I've not heard mentioned yet is Count Octive
Must admit know SFA about it

Dunno how much you want to know but been watching it and Duretto particularly for a while now. C Octave was a pretty big 2nd to Stradivarius at York, Balding said back then straight to the Cup no run before.

Back