Racing Melbourne Cup 2018 and all Cup Day discussion.(Posting of bets after the race will be carded)

The winner is.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cross Counter @ $26 won't jump on just yet will await the Kergolay running first backing the winner there antepost plus Cross Counter should drift slightly after that

??? why is CC going to drift following the Kergolay?

Kergloay form has been irrelevant last 6 years apart from once which in hindsight proved to be a complete fluke - its quickly going the way of the Ebor as a form reference.

??? why is CC going to drift following the Kergolay?

Kergloay form has been irrelevant last 6 years apart from once which in hindsight proved to be a complete fluke - its quickly going the way of the Ebor as a form reference.
I've found last few years it's had an affect on the market
Just a gut feel it may push a few out by a few $ in the $26-31 bracket

Torcedor is comingggg. **** yes. Took a chunk of that 60/1 on offer with TAB a month ago.

Good odds to lay back which I would do immediately - couldn't win if it started now - slow grinder who might battle on well for top 5-7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thought cross counter was slightly disappointing at york.
surprised it came into 18s after the race.
thought old persian had its measure. it on the other hand is at 100s

Big Duke ran 4th in the race last year. Is clearly ahead of the others too

As good as he will ever do - no chance of winning - might fall into another top 5.

Fully exposed horses like him don't run 4th and and then suddenly sprout wings and go on to win

Just finally had a look at the noms. No Rekindling or Johannes Vermeer... I just do not get it. Why even have horses if you are not going to race them.

Can't race them if they are injured

Made SB put up Runaway, they gave me $151, I placed $2 on it. #backgaidrinkallday

If there is one trainer I'd back to have a horse cherry ripe on Cup day it is Gai

ExcitableRadiantDodo.gif

They have fair dinkum left a zero off there

If there is one trainer I'd back to have a horse cherry ripe on Cup day it is Gai

ExcitableRadiantDodo.gif

They have fair dinkum left a zero off there

I thought it may have been criminal unders as well, but these are corporate bookies we're talking about. Just loved it's St. Leger performance on Anzac Day, and you know how you get an affinity for a horse?

Back