Racing Melbourne Cup 2018 and all Cup Day discussion.(Posting of bets after the race will be carded)

The winner is.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pom bragging about Eurosnob horses beating the Aussie horses,huge w***ers.

Another death to a horse.

I saw footage of what happens to horses after racing,disturbing.

I’m done with horse racing,not a gambler anyway.

We need to look after horses better.

The Melbourne Cup will die in time as long as these Euroflog tightarses race over to our country for the big bag of money.

The Melbourne Cup will die in time as long as these Euroflog tightarses race over to our country for the big bag of money.
Onya bike then.

Well there’s the problem like every other person, you’ve been told what happens. Nothing to back it up with any concrete facts about how it actually works.

Take no interest in it for 364 days and then MC rolls around and say “tut tut you shouldn’t do that” before waiting to next year to even think about it again.

Racehorses would get looked after better than most other animals on the planet. The 4min youtube video you watched on what happens to horses probably made you less informed than you were to begin with

i am looking forward to the "profilers horse" in 5 years.

NH 3yo, hasn't started for a month plus, first start in Aus, Official Rating 112-116.

can't do anything about it unless carpenter starts increasing them purely off this basis.

that said. best horse won so it may not be a problem.

Like snitzepeg in the Weir lotto. Reason for poor cup day crowd wasn’t the weather at all, the masses are heading up the Calder this arvo.

Samesies

I expect 40-50k to see the mighty Royal Request go around!

am not looking forward to the complete reverse on the tote though. goodbye hard overs of $16 rekindling $12 Cross Counter.

Yup

Might need to switch to the Finche types - first/second up from overseas but running for a local trainer.

i am looking forward to the "profilers horse" in 5 years.

NH 3yo, hasn't started for a month plus, first start in Aus, Official Rating 112-116.

can't do anything about it unless carpenter starts increasing them purely off this basis.

that said. best horse won so it may not be a problem.
Yep smashed my profile for sure. I do think it is changing and time to re-assess a lot of myths

Yep smashed my profile for sure. I do think it is changing and time to re-assess a lot of myths

in 50 years profiling may work, probably not but it may. 50 years ago it probably worked too. we are in a complete transition stage though. the goal should always to predict future trends not current ones. NH 3yo will likely be a good one but might be unders as early as next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in 50 years profiling may work, probably not but it may. 50 years ago it probably worked too. we are in a complete transition stage though. the goal should always to predict future trends not current ones. NH 3yo will likely be a good one but might be unders as early as next year.
Maybe the Ebor then ;)

:D

Just cos 2 lightly raced 4yos won in consecutive years doesn't mean its a trend. After all Marmelo was a hardened stayer and almost won. Take away the wet track this year and we might have had a totally different result.

What made the takeover of the internationals tolerable was being able to put a line through those without a lead-up here. That's out the window after the past two runnings.

Didn't fancy the winner, but disappointed that Avilius was taken out by the dead horse after Rostropovich backed up the Cox Plate form with a solid 5th.

What made the takeover of the internationals tolerable was being able to put a line through those without a lead-up here. That's out the window after the past two runnings.

Didn't fancy the winner, but disappointed that Avilius was taken out by the dead horse after Rostropovich backed up the Cox Plate form with a solid 5th.

Rostro looked a much better staying prospect than Avi though

Congratulations to the connections of Rostropovich. They now know they have a horse that will get 4000m with ease. It ran it strongly yesterday.
Jockey Wayne Lordon said "he ran very well". Sure did. Perhaps he was expecting a 6v4v3v2v1 protest or something.

Congratulations to the connections of Rostropovich. They now know they have a horse that will get 4000m with ease. It ran it strongly yesterday.
Jockey Wayne Lordon said "he ran very well". Sure did. Perhaps he was expecting a 6v4v3v2v1 protest or something.

Wasn’t far off third the first two gapped the field. Thought it was a super run.

Obviously an exercise bike

I’m not gonna hate on those who like horse racing and I know the horses get looked after when in the racing game but I just hope there is a duty of care for horses who retire especially the ones who finish last.

Always feel sorry for those horses who finish last.

Back