Racing Melbourne Cup Day 2019 (after the results posting of bets will get a ban)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The subsequent form of those that finished behind Surprise Baby has been pretty ropey. If I had to pick one near the top of the market to stick in the "poison unders" bin it would be that one. You think it will finish ahead of Finche?

It’s more likely to win than finche but I’d back finche to finish ahead of it.

Needs a penalty to get in, PoA? Surely Carpenter does the right thing here. Doubt he can win but deserves his chance. So consistent down here.

Haven't been through the field this year but there is usually internationals with only open handicap form and hurdling form etc that make the field. Pretty shitty that winning the Lexus at group level the previous year doesn't hold more sway towards the OOE than pommy open handicaps.

Haven't been through the field this year but there is usually internationals with only open handicap form and hurdling form etc that make the field. Pretty shitty that winning the Lexus the previous year doesn't hold more sway towards the OOE than pommy handicaps.

Show's how bad he is when he runs in England

From below it looks like True Self won't be trying to bag a late slot......

Terry Henderson, director of OTI Racing, said: "It was an excellent run from True Self and I'm delighted for Charlie (Fellowes), who is a good guy. If anyone was going to beat us, I'm glad it was him.

"She's a lovely mare and the Matriarch Stakes (a Group Two for mares held at Flemington on November 9) could be a nice race for her with a view to heading to Hong Kong."

you would have thought 3rd in a Melbourne Cup wo
From below it looks like True Self won't be trying to bag a late slot......

Terry Henderson, director of OTI Racing, said: "It was an excellent run from True Self and I'm delighted for Charlie (Fellowes), who is a good guy. If anyone was going to beat us, I'm glad it was him.

"She's a lovely mare and the Matriarch Stakes (a Group Two for mares held at Flemington on November 9) could be a nice race for her with a view to heading to Hong Kong."
jesus christ. Of all the races to run in....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obvs can't put too much faith in the long range forecasts but at the moment there is the potential of a lot of rain around the big day...
Sunday 11mm, Monday 0.5mm, Tuesday 3mm, Weds 12.5mm and Thursday 20.0mm
Should the heavens open close to the race then the market could look a lot different,
I have Marmelo, Finche and Mustajeer as ok on soft and a few ok with a good bit of dig but a lot would want the normal "good".
If it did come up genuine soft does that affect the usual Middle then Low then High draw preference?

Obvs can't put too much faith in the long range forecasts but at the moment there is the potential of a lot of rain around the big day...
Should the heavens open close to the race then the market could look a lot different,
I have Marmelo, Finche and Mustajeer as ok on soft and a few ok with a good bit of dig but a lot would want the normal "good".
If it did come up genuine soft does that affect the usual Middle then Low then High draw preference?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This far out the daily average temperature for November and daily average rainfall is a more accurate prediction than any long range weather forecast.

Personally I never look at the barriers when making my selection - unless its heinously biased they can win from anywhere. Can't remember the last horse that lost due to the barrier.

Cross Counter looked OK on a soft 6 at Flemington over 2 miles in a race same time last year 👍

Absolutely bucketed down, it was armageddon in Melbourne on Cup day last year and track held up. Jockeys even reported it wasn’t in the soft range.

I'm very skeptical of that Caulfield Cup form, looks a bit dodgy to me.

The winner (circled the field, won well) and Finche (tough run, not Grand Final) are the only two I would be looking at, though suspect Mer De Glace doesn't run the trip and Finche sorta looks like he might run the same type of race again without winning.

Constantinople I guess profiles alright but David Hayes + potentially wrong form has put me off it a bit.

Absolutely bucketed down, it was armageddon in Melbourne on Cup day last year and track held up. Jockeys even reported it wasn’t in the soft range.

Sounds like anything softer than last year is going to need a monsoon in that case! Yeah Cross Counter certainly handles "armageddon" weather :)

It was proper cooked the rain on Cup day morning last year - absolutely ridiculous
The main reason the crowd was so down

it will still a hot day though, really muggy, and the sun came out too so would have dried the surface a lot.
Watch race 1 won by Bella Rosa to get an idea of the rain

I'm very skeptical of that Caulfield Cup form, looks a bit dodgy to me.

The winner (circled the field, won well) and Finche (tough run, not Grand Final) are the only two I would be looking at, though suspect Mer De Glace doesn't run the trip and Finche sorta looks like he might run the same type of race again without winning.

Constantinople I guess profiles alright but David Hayes + potentially wrong form has put me off it a bit.

You are half right.

But not sure how people keep getting sucked into Finche - can't possibly win on any of its runs in Australia to date - IT DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH TURN OF FOOT! Had every possible and was sprinted past by a whole bunch of them in the straight which will happen again at Flemington. Not his GF call is also a stretch. He ran as well as he possibly could at Caulfield - he is not finding 3-4 lengths improvement suddenly at Flemington.

The only two I'll be taking out of the race are the winner (should just win if it stays but obv question mark) and Constantinople - would be shocked if the winner came from any other horse that contested the race.

You are half right.

But not sure how people keep getting sucked into Finche - can't possibly win on any of its runs in Australia to date - IT DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH TURN OF FOOT! Had every possible and was sprinted past by a whole bunch of them in the straight which will happen again at Flemington. Not his GF call is also a stretch. He ran as well as he possibly could at Caulfield - he is not finding 3-4 lengths improvement suddenly at Flemington.

The only two I'll be taking out of the race are the winner (should just win if it stays but obv question mark) and Constantinople - would be shocked if the winner came from any other horse that contested the race.
Not sure how people got sucked into Finche in the CC either ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back