Racing Melbourne Cup Day 2019 (after the results posting of bets will get a ban)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

come on oliver

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
10’s Melbourne Cup field

CCA8DA30-6E82-4A91-8AF0-81FBBE88CB8C.png

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Cross Counter won the Gordon Stakes last year, keen to see how Spanish Mission goes tonight against O’brien.

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
Cross Counter won the Gordon Stakes last year, keen to see how Spanish Mission goes tonight against O’brien.
Hopefully runs well but not too well to crunch it’s price in
Still unknown to most punters let’s keep it that way

Should have won for mine

Yup - almost perfect (except I backed it last night). Wins that on a flat track I think but in missing out last night hopefully gets a kilo less

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Yup - almost perfect (except I backed it last night). Wins that on a flat track I think but in missing out last night hopefully gets a kilo less

Owner wants to win the cup, convincing the trainer to bring him down is an issue (and not change his mind).

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Have requested odds with Ladbrokes
Have a boost available so hoping they put something juicy up and will snap it up

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Have requested odds with Ladbrokes
Have a boost available so hoping they put something juicy up and will snap it up

Good luck with that - e.g. they’ve got Mugatoo $41, it’s ten times the price on betfair. 365/sportsbet/BetEasy/ have Spanish $26 - reckon you’re more than likely not going to get that price when they put it up. I got $51 on the fair (sorry Paris..), still $40 available there. Nice odds if it comes, probably those to actually come.

Let’s hope it comes. Donation otherwise.

Last edited:
Didn’t realise that Rostropovich had transferred to Hayes x2 and Tabernig

Chances?
Ran ok last year

Change of trainer has to be worth about 10-15 lengths...on the negative side

If you don't win it the first time...etc etc

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Change of trainer has to be worth about 10-15 lengths...on the negative side

If you don't win it the first time...etc etc
Was my thoughts too
H,H&T not the best choice for staying types these days...

Fiorente only one really who bucked that trend

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mirage Dancer on its way, will do Caulfield Cup as well after being sold to Aus connections
Im always wary of these horses "being sold to Australian connections". To me its like, there's a sucker born every minute. Besides Lloyds horses ( and he has the cash to buy the good ones) and Fiorente has there been any semi decent one?

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Im always wary of these horses "being sold to Australian connections". To me its like, there's a sucker born every minute. Besides Lloyds horses ( and he has the cash to buy the good ones) and Fiorente has there been any semi decent one?

the GOAT won back in 2014 after being sold to aus connections.

It's the training not the ownership that matters - this one sounds like it will be here more than early enough for Trent and Natalie to butcher it.

Basically if they start here in Australia for a local trainer before either Cup they normally don't go any good.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's the training not the ownership that matters - this one sounds like it will be here more than early enough for Trent and Natalie to butcher it.

Basically if they start here in Australia for a local trainer before either Cup they normally don't go any good.

Zzzzzz profiling.

shoot me now.

bring back the old "they can't win it without a start here first"

Zzzzzz profiling.

shoot me now.

bring back the old "they can't win it without a start here first"

By all means feel free to keep backing imported stayers at poison unders that go backwards 15 lengths when switched from their trainers then :thumbsu:

If you aren't using profiling when it comes to the major Cups you are just burning money - you see it on here every year time and time again.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
By all means feel free to keep backing imported stayers at poison unders that go backwards 15 lengths when switched from their trainers then :thumbsu:

If you aren't using profiling when it comes to the major Cups you are just burning money - you see it on here every year time and time again.

“The profile” changes every year or few. It’s better to find the next profile than the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back