Racing Melbourne Cup Day 2019 (after the results posting of bets will get a ban)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
80 days is first up in anyones language.

49-63 is generally what i see as accepted normality for first up range. would have a hard time arguing it's 100.

secondly.

Hartnell, Criterion, Almandin, Fiorente, PoP, Green Moon, 4 of 6 basically this weekend or last week in the memsie. splitting hairs on all the good performers......

I think you will find most of our well performed horses resumed in the Memsie, Finche is resuming this week. which implies a 1 week behind our well performed horses.

including PoP

Ok. So he’s 1 week behind our well performed horses, none of which will be winning the cup.

My point all along has been I prefer to have seen them having had at least 1 run in their prep by now (and not over a mile or under).

Ok. So he’s 1 week behind our well performed horses, none of which will be winning the cup.

My point all along has been I prefer to have seen them having had at least 1 run in their prep by now (and not over a mile or under).

Which is the point. Which locals should we look at? The 10km rule doesn’t really apply to euro’s and the recent well performed horses all resumed in the memsie or thereabouts except Almandin, who was 2 years between runs in that prep.

That implies you should be looking at horses first up in the memsie locally. Which again completely breaks the 10km rule.

Decent run by Douglas MacArthur today
3 wide whole trip and then stuck on well

Sorry mate - very plain run - looks way too slow to win a Melbourne Cup - stuck on ok late but is going to be way too one paced to win at Flemington.

Strikes me more the type Lloyd will send north to run in the Metrop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate - very plain run - looks way too slow to win a Melbourne Cup - stuck on ok late but is going to be way too one paced to win at Flemington.

Strikes me more the type Lloyd will send north to run in the Metrop.
Agree one paced today but burned a s**t load of petrol being 3 wide whole trip

Nice run from Surprise Baby in the Feehan. Looks one of the better local prospects to appear in recent years. Looks like his rating’s only gone from 103 to 104 despite that so he’ll need to win a race or 2 to make the field, or just win the exempt race the Bart Cummings. Has a turn of foot and can stay.

Moby?
Looked up not active since Nov 6 2018
Wouldn’t let me tag him so maybe account gone?
You’ve gone and intimidated another one out Paris 😂 he’s gone the way of Seth.... now there was some quality melts Banana Bus would be proud of

Any early thoughts Paris?

Hey guys :)
A few tantrums aren't enough to intimidate this Pom! Steve Smith however is another matter. Reckon we'll be skittled out by tea today :(

No early thoughts yet for this year. But it's on the list.
Spanish Mission is apparently a likely runner and wouldn't be out of place. Yet to win beyond 1m 5f but dosage index doesn't indicate any problems with the MC trip so there's hope.

Geez you're in fine form already mate - Spanish Mission wasn't even nominated :thumbsu:

Will that be enough to put you back in hiding for another 10 months after getting another call horrendously wrong

Ah balls. First interest in this year's MC sparked by this morning's racing post article about the horse's win in the States yesterday where the owner is saying how keen he is for a crack at the big one.

The race is a "Win and You're In" event for the Breeders' Cup Turf on November 2, but part-owner Barry Irwin confirmed the son of Noble Mission would return to Europe following his victory before heading to Australia for a possible Melbourne Cup bid.

"He's a good horse. I think he'll get better with age," Irwin said. "When I bought him, the plan was to leave him in Europe this year and then bring him to America next year. Halfway through the season, I realised this is strictly a European horse and I told my guys, 'He's never coming home, but I'll bring him for this race.'

"We're looking at the Melbourne Cup with this horse. Earle would rather win that race than anything, and I'd like to win it as well."

Not looked at the noms yet so assumed he meant this year's renewal. My bad.

Ding ding game on Moby v Paris

Stupid question, if not nominated Spanish Mission’s connections can pay a late nomination fee yes?
Or is it original nomination not entered then too bad

Ding ding game on Moby v Paris

Stupid question, if not nominated Spanish Mission’s connections can pay a late nomination fee yes?
Or is it original nomination not entered then too bad

Nope - late noms closed on Sep 3 - see you next year - at a much worse weight!

Nope - late noms closed on Sep 3 - see you next year - at a much worse weight!
You’d think they may have missed the boat now
Won’t come with a likely much higher weight if handicapper goes hard

Off topic Paris, who’s the Aga Khan got floating around at the moment? After Verema (😢) hasn’t made an appearance
Would like to see him back along with

Hey guys :)
A few tantrums aren't enough to intimidate this Pom! Steve Smith however is another matter. Reckon we'll be skittled out by tea today :(
View attachment 742810

No early thoughts yet for this year. But it's on the list.
Spanish Mission is apparently a likely runner and wouldn't be out of place. Yet to win beyond 1m 5f but dosage index doesn't indicate any problems with the MC trip so there's hope.

Thoughts on below runners?

Mustajeer
Raheen House
Twilight Payment
Raymond Tusk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back