Racing Melbourne Cup Day 2019 (after the results posting of bets will get a ban)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for the insight
Any thing ya like that looks like gaining a start

Honestly - not really. Nothing really jumps out at me that I can't wait to see the final field to back. ISPOLINI looks overs on Betfair but it has supposedly been here for ages so NFI how they are planning on getting it to the race.

coachcarter7

Debutant
Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Honestly - not really. Nothing really jumps out at me that I can't wait to see the final field to back. ISPOLINI looks overs on Betfair but it has supposedly been here for ages so NFI how they are planning on getting it to the race.

I thought the same but I'm now hearing it's overseas and due to run before coming (assuming it comes) on the second shipment. It seems there is more than a bit of confusion around 1.Where the horse is right now and 2. What it's plans actually are!

I thought the same but I'm now hearing it's overseas and due to run before coming (assuming it comes) on the second shipment. It seems there is more than a bit of confusion around 1.Where the horse is right now and 2. What it's plans actually are!

Good pick up - its accepted in the German St Leger on Sunday night and is also still in the Irish St Leger on the same day

Aug 4, 2004
Lilliput
AFL Club
West Coast
Might want to double check your sources mate
Source was an interview between Bensley and Appleby in which Appleby states Ispolini’s “out there” when discussing horses for Australia. Then I checked Racing Australia and found him to be registered. But yes apparently still over there so crossed purposes, sorry about that.

It’s been reported more recently that he’s going to the German Leger on Sunday before heading down here. I guess that assumes he runs to expectations.

Aug 4, 2004
Lilliput
AFL Club
West Coast
Buckhurst now qualified and assured a start. Some doubt whether they’d run him though, may opt for the more conservative route like Latrobe.

Norway eligible for re-handicap after winning the Kilternan overnight, but hard to make the case he can beat Constantinople.

In contrast Il Paraidso looked very weak at the end of the St Leger.

Nayef Road rubbing salt into the wounds of Spanish Mission backers with a huge run :(

Irish and German (Ispolini) St Legers the key trials tonight

ISPOLINI won the German St Leger but not sure you can say much more about the form than that. Strikes me as the type that could come up massive overs on the tote on the day.

CROSS COUNTER was frankly awful for mine in the Irish Leger - beaten 4 lengths by the runaway leader (admittedly at Curragh that has been biased rails/pace all season) but Kew Gardens gave him windburn in the straight. It looked his worse run of the entire prep and he couldn't possibly repeat his win given the weight rise on the back of that performance. SOUTHERN FRANCE finished just ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers32

Debutant
Sep 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep, Kew Gardens was the eye catcher. MOR and Latrobe didn’t threaten at all. Cross Counter with extra weight in Cup will really struggle off the back of that.

Finche now fav

L o *ing L - good win today at a great price but that aint Melbourne Cup form - looks an absolute grinder who will run all day and finish around the top 5 but there will be at least one horse that sprints past him in the last furlong once he gets to Flemington

Haminja is right - edging out Stampede is not Melbourne Cup form - as Sydney staying form rarely is

Legit poison as fave now and you are going to get such a great price about the internationals this year.

What percentage of starters have Sydney spring form?

Plenty that have been flogged in Caulfield/Melbourne Cups the last decade - thats how forgettable they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back